Dads & Dads-to-be

Am I over reacting?

My husband and I have a 6 month old and he went to a bachelor party (video games no drinking) last night which is totally fine with me. The problem I have is that he showed up here in the morning and fell asleep on the couch because he was up until 7 AM!!! I get staying up later than usual but that is ridiculous! I have things to do today without baby (my son isnt feeling well on top of that) AND we were supposed to finish the nursery before goto church and dinner at his parents. He plans on sleeping for a few hours and I don't get the break (well my form of break these days is laundry etc) I need. Do you think I should be as mad as I am? Thanks!

Answers

• Why isn't the nursery done. And you shouldn't be mad. He went to a bachelor party and played video games. Give the guy a break, That's pretty innocent. Your life will move on.
  • Loading the player...
  • it would be a little frustrating, but if he stayed up til 7am playing video games for a bachelor party, then i would be VERY understanding. better that than having him stay up all night drinking at a strip club, which is what basically all bachelor parties are.
  • You are overreacting and why are you posting this on the dad board?? Let the guy have one fun night out. Give him a break.
  • My husband and I have a 6 month old and he went to a bachelor party (video games no drinking) last night which is totally fine with me. The problem I have is that he showed up here in the morning and fell asleep on the couch because he was up until 7 AM!!! I get staying up later than usual but that is ridiculous! I have things to do today without baby (my son isnt feeling well on top of that) AND we were supposed to finish the nursery before goto church and dinner at his parents. He plans on sleeping for a few hours and I don't get the break (well my form of break these days is laundry etc) I need. Do you think I should be as mad as I am? Thanks!
    He needs a pass on this one, IMHO.  As a new parent I'm sure you know what its like to not be able to go and play with your friends that often.

There is going to be a ladies night coming up sooner or later that you're going to need a pass on too....