Breastfeeding

hard spot on breast

I didn't notice that I had a red spot on one of my breasts until my best friend who was visiting pointed it out. Then I felt it was warm and very hard about the size of a larger marble. I've been trying to massage and heat and cool it but after he nurses it doesn't change .I was going to call my Dr to see if I could come in later. It's freaking me out.

Re: hard spot on breast

• It could be a plugged duct... Mine took several days of massage, heat, and feeding from different positions to go away. Do call your doctor though just in case! Mine were very painful and there was no way i could miss it.
  • How do you tell if it's a plugged duct versus an infection?
  • Loading the player...
  • That could also be a sign start of mastitis following the red heated spot you can develop a fever chills etc feel like a really bad flu usually the spot will be very painful I had it once it was pretty harsh Dr put me in antibiotic and it cleared up in two days definitely call Dr just in case.
  • Mastitis is an infection.
  • I have heard of mastitis. No fever or anything, but the spot is very painful. I'm going to keep massaging it as well as heating and cooling. If it doesn't soften then I will definitely call my doctor.
  • When I had a clogged duct I would nurse on that side and then pump after to make sure I was empty. While pumping I would massage and apply heat. It worked itself out after two days. Hope you feel better!
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

• Make sure you keep feeding on that breast if it is mastitis!