February 2016 Moms
Options

OB sent me to the ER *UPDATED*

PinkRosesPinkRoses member
edited October 2015 in February 2016 Moms
So for the past two weeks or so I've been having weird racing heartbeat and shortness of breath. Today it was to the point where I had trouble making it across the parking lot. Sometimes I'll have it happen when I'm just sitting around at home, or I'll wake up in the middle of the night with a racing heart and panting. Once I change positions I start to feel better. So today I called the doctor to tell her about this and she said I needed to go to the ER right away to be evaluated for a blood clot. I was surprised and scared to hear that response. I'm only taking half my regular dose of depression/anxiety meds, so this kind of thing freaks me out something fierce. The ON said they might want to do a CT angiogram, and if so, don't refuse it. Well of course that involves radiation and that scares me too for DD. I'll be 22w on Fri. DH stayed home to watch DS, and Ive been sitting in the ER for the past hour, trying to stay calm. I'm lonely, and all I have is my phone. Which has Dr Google. I'm trying to avoid him but his pull is fierce. Any good vibes you ladies have would be greatly appreciated!!!
BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: OB sent me to the ER *UPDATED*

• Options
    Lots of prayers going your way! Stay off Dr Google!!!
  • Options
    Oh goodness, I'm sorry you're having to deal with this and alone :( . Lots of thoughts and prayers headed your way that everything is ok. Keep us posted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sending T's and P's!  Sorry you're going through this, can't imagine doing it alone. :( 

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• Options
    Sending good vibes! And don't Google!!!
  • Options
    Oh gosh, that's a lot to handle. Praying for you! Keep us updated.
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • Options
    Sending good vibes your way! Definitely keep us posted!

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    Is it bad that I already googled the safety of CT angios during pregnancy, radiation thresholds, and treatment for blood clots? I promise I only read a couple articles and then stopped. I feel like I know enough to be broadly educated and know what to expect but not so much that I'm more panicked than I would be normally. Ugh. I really just wanted the doc to say that this was normal.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    So sorry you are going through this @PinkRoses Ts&Ps for you girl. Glad you stopped reading after only a little bit. Please keep us updated.
  • Options
    Hugs, I am sorry that's scary.
  • Options
    Hugs to you. I hope everything is ok. Please keep us updated!!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no! I hope everything is okay! You're in my t&p tonight!
  • Options
    I've been here in the waiting room about two hours now. Alternately feeling scared to death and silly that I'm even here.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Hugs! Sending T&P's!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Well wishes to you! Same thing happened to me at 17 weeks with dd. Blood work came back showing possible blood clot, Doppler couldn't find heartbeat- only for nurse to say "oops I grabbed the broken one!" Not funny. Anyway, after all the tests, everything came back fine and no real explanation. Dd turns 5 on my due date and is healthy as can be!
  • Options
    Stop reading Google! T&P to you.
  • Options
    You poor dear. Definitely good you're getting checked out, but I bet you'll be fine and they are being overly cautious. Good luck!!!!
  • Options
    There are some other tests they can run to help narrow things down before they would go to a CTA.. So stay off google! Hope they can see you soon! GL, and keep us updated.

• Options
    Hugs. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this alone in the ER! I hope they see you soon and that it turns out to be nothing.
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Options
    So stressful! I'm sorry you have to go through this and are alone.

At the same time, what a brave momma! It says a lot that you are taking care of yourself, even though it's quiet frightening, to help keep lo safe and healthy!

Here's to good test results. Keep us updated!

Ps- we could always start a gif party to keep you entertained :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hope you're doing ok! It's no fun waiting around the ER. Hopefully they will see you before too long and get something figured out!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    They can check your blood first to see if you have an elevated d-dimer. They might decide not to do a CT if you don't. I'm a CT tech and we do these scans routinely to rule out PE's. They rarely come back positive but a PE is serious enough to risk the radiation of a CT scan. And the scan itself is very brief. 5 to 10 minutes tops. Good luck to you. Either way I'm sure they'll get you fixed up with peace of mind.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Any news yet? I hope it is something minor and can be treated easily!
  • Options
    I hope everything is ok. Play a game on your phone and try to stay away from googling
  • Options
    I concur with all the PP about stepping away from Google!

T&P all is well. Hang in there with the wait too. Those ER waiting times can be brutal.
    Pregnancy Ticker

September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall:
  • Options
    T&P with you!
  • Options
    Hope everything is okay!
  • Options
    Hope everything is ok and they didn't need to run all the tests!
  • Options
    Keep us updated! Thinking of you.... The unknown is so scary.
  • Options
    PinkRoses said:

So for the past two weeks or so I've been having weird racing heartbeat and shortness of breath. Today it was to the point where I had trouble making it across the parking lot. Sometimes I'll have it happen when I'm just sitting around at home, or I'll wake up in the middle of the night with a racing heart and panting. Once I change positions I start to feel better.

So today I called the doctor to tell her about this and she said I needed to go to the ER right away to be evaluated for a blood clot. I was surprised and scared to hear that response. I'm only taking half my regular dose of depression/anxiety meds, so this kind of thing freaks me out something fierce.

The ON said they might want to do a CT angiogram, and if so, don't refuse it. Well of course that involves radiation and that scares me too for DD. I'll be 22w on Fri.

DH stayed home to watch DS, and Ive been sitting in the ER for the past hour, trying to stay calm. I'm lonely, and all I have is my phone. Which has Dr Google. I'm trying to avoid him but his pull is fierce. Any good vibes you ladies have would be greatly appreciated!!!

They will do an MRI instead of a CT. I needed a CT and the MRI is safer for baby so we did that instead. Also, my mom had all of the above happen in her first pregnancy, just relax and know it'll be okay. My brother is now 25, hilarious, and my best friend. He had no side effects. It's generally a constant over exposure to radiation you need to worry about, so if tou were an X-ray tech you might see some abnormalities. A few tests won't hurt you, a blood clot that goes untreated will. Thoughts and prayers, hope to get good news from you soon!
  • Options
    Also if you want any cat/dog funny pictures, I've got you. Here's one to start . This is Fergus one of my clients flinging himself for a ball.
  • Options
    Glad it looks ok!! :)
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • Options
    Glad Fergus could bring you some joy!
    Hopeful the symptoms all fade after pregnancy too! :)
  • Options
    Glad to hear everything's ok!! :)
  • Options
    Glad you're okay
  • Options
    Glad to hear you're ok. That always sucks you go to the doctor and everything you went for stops.
  • Options
    @pinkroses - I have an arrythmia, too. It's been worse since being pregnant. I notice it more when my blood sugar is low and then I get anxious about it which also makes it worse. Do you have a follow-up with a cardiologist? 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Glad to hear everything went as well as it could! Hopefully a follow up with a cardiologist will ease your mind a bit more!
  • Options
    So glad to hear you're doing well! I hope it stays that way! :)
  • Options
    That's great news, glad things are turning up!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers