June 2015 Moms
Options

Baby drinking 2-3oz each feeding

beemaya83beemaya83 member
edited October 2015 in June 2015 Moms
Hi ladies!

Baby boy had his 4th month checkup this week. He is a healthy 14lbs 7.2oz baby measuring 26 inches. The doctor asked how much he is eating at each feeding. I explained that baby "snacks" every 1-2 hours mostly 2oz. I can get 3oz sometimes. She said I need to try harder to increase his volume to at a minimum 3oz to 4oz each feeding. Trust me ladies, I have tried and he just refuses to eat more than that. I just changed the bottle nipple from the newborn to 3+ months. So I'm thinking this would help him work less hard to get his milk. But nope, still wants to snack at every feeding.

Any ideas on how I can get baby to eat larger volumes at each feeding? Anyone having similar experience? Help!

Btw, I bottle feed strictly formula.

ETA: I like to add that even though he is at a healthy weight now, the doctor explained that he needs extra volume of food so he can grow.
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Baby drinking 2-3oz each feeding

• Options
    Hi there, I think you will get more response if you post this in one of the existing threads on feeding.
  • Options
    Ah ok sorry I'll post there
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree!!! I got similar advice in the October feeding thread. Thank you! @kezdk
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Does your baby use the pacifier?  A little trick we do is for the baby to use the pacifier to calm her down and then do a switch and she ends up finishing the bottle (different boat than you, we're at 5 oz per feeding).
  • Options

Does your baby use the pacifier?  A little trick we do is for the baby to use the pacifier to calm her down and then do a switch and she ends up finishing the bottle (different boat than you, we're at 5 oz per feeding).

I do that sometimes and then switch with my breast. I know he's hungry he's just worked up.