Breastfeeding

I have a question

Is it true that you lose the baby weight quicker by breast feeding?

Re: I have a question

• Some people seem to think it does.. When you breastfeed it's supposed to cause your uterus to contract. I exclusively pump and am down to pre-pregnancy weight( without exercise) at almost 3 months. I think if I had BF and exercised it would've possibly been faster. Henry takes up most of my time and I'm content just to be his personal mom-slave. I'll eventually exercise just to tone-up a bit.
  • I've seen people go both ways. Yrs it helps some and no not others. I'm still holding onto 25lbs and I breastfeed. I'm okay with it for now though. I spend a lot of time just enjoying my babe and that's the important thing now.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 2 weeks pp and I am a pound below my pre-pregnancy weight. I have not been exercising. Just breastfeeding, changing diapers, pumping and cuddling. I look really flabby, but I will work on that eventually.
  • I EBF and gained 29lbs during the pregnancy. When i went to my doctor for my postnatal appointment at 5.5 weeks (where I got cleared to exercise, so I hadn't exercised before that) I had lost 24lbs. After 3 weeks of light workouts I was at pre pregnancy weight and now at 4 months PP I'm actually 4lbs below pre pregnancy weight. I try to work out 30 minutes a day, but now that I'm back at work I maybe get in 3-4 workouts a week. Though my diet is more reasonable when I'm working than when I'm at home all day, so that helps.
  • I think it's all just part of the boob-feeding agenda to make us go that route(totally kidding!) I think it's because it's all about the babes and we don't have time to eat, and when we do, we're too tired. :)) Now that he's sleeping better at night I'll probably gain some weight back because I have two free hands to feed myself. Hahaha
  • delujm0 said:

I EBF and gained 29lbs during the pregnancy. When i went to my doctor for my postnatal appointment at 5.5 weeks (where I got cleared to exercise, so I hadn't exercised before that) I had lost 24lbs. After 3 weeks of light workouts I was at pre pregnancy weight and now at 4 months PP I'm actually 4lbs below pre pregnancy weight. I try to work out 30 minutes a day, but now that I'm back at work I maybe get in 3-4 workouts a week. Though my diet is more reasonable when I'm working than when I'm at home all day, so that helps.

You and I are the same person?! I just had my appointment yesterday at 5.5 weeks, gained 29 during pregnancy and have lost 24 so far from EBF. Excited start working out again!!!