June 2016 Moms
Options

Fit Mama check in! Week 3

Hello ladies!
Welcome to our check in for week 3!
How are you doing? How are your workouts?
What have you changed?
How are you feeling about your body?
Hope everyone is as well as can be!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fit Mama check in! Week 3

• Options
    Yay!  I was thinking about this yesterday :-)
    I have been too exhausted to do a damn thing.  In bed by 7:30.  Full time mom and full time job.  My husband has been traveling lots.  BUT - last night I staye dup until 10pm?!?  Maybe my exhaustion is going away!!
    I feel really crappy about my body, and am looking forward to getting back on the treadmill.  I also love 21DF videos in the morning :-)

I still really have to work on my water intake.  Huge weakness. 
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Options
    I have still been very sick and only made it to the gym once a week for the past 3 weeks (I was a 4-5 day a week person). Yesterday I FINALLY got back to my Pilates class. I have lost some of my flexibility and things that never hurt before did! I think I'm going to have to get one of those super thick yoga mats because tailbone, and hip work killed me! I'm also feeling it 100% today! I'm hoping to go back again Thursday and kickboxing Friday.
    I'm still pretty happy with the way my body is looking. We got family pics done last weekend and I am happy with how I look.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How are you doing? How are your workouts? The lack of energy and pure exhaustion has been challenging to say the least. My strength is definitely not what it normally is, and I find myself getting tired much more quickly. Other than that, trying to get in at least 30-45 minutes of lifting ED/EOD, and sneaking in some cardio here and there. Lots of walking. Last night mowing the lawn was my cardio ;)

What have you changed? Not a whole lot, just using lighter weights when I need to and listening to my body.

How are you feeling about your body? Eh. I know most of what I'm feeling right now and seeing in the mirror is bloat, I'm not going to let it get me down, but I am kind of bummed about my lack of strength and not being able to lift what I used to.

• Options
    Ugh, feel like I got hit by a train this week! Got in a 30 minute workout this morning, but it was tough. Hoping it doesn't last long! Feeling the bloat big time too, so I'd really like to be able to keep up my workouts to feel better.
  • Options
    Super cute pic @jerseybroadwaybaby! I thought I was very lucky having zero symptoms, but yesterday started to get nauseous a bit, I think I'm hungry but then I'm not. And I used to be able to live off all things pumpkin, like all year round I eat it daily. and now I just want to barf. And then I think the symptoms are just in my head...losing it over here. Bloat is in on full force, lovely. I've still gotten in my workouts but it's not the level I'm used to, trying to go easy on myself. I've always been someone who feels better after a workout, and more awake, if that makes sense, so now I'm convincing myself that doing something for the next 9 months is better then nada. Day by day I guess. Need to incorporate more low impact stuff that I can do in my house, anyone have anything good? My first dr's appt is next Thursday with an ultrasound, think I'll feel better knowing there's something real in there and not me just missing my period.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    How are you doing? How are your workouts? Had to skip the gym Sat & Sun because of birthday parties, bbqs, pumpkin carving parties, babysitting for a friend, etc. Our weekend was WAY too busy and the gym is only open 8-6 on weekends. I'm running 6mi today (hopefully) but I have to push DD in the jogger since DH is OOT. Need to lift Wed, Thurs & Sun. Running again Sat.

What have you changed? I had to slightly decrease my weights for some exercises last week. Expecting to slow my running pace since I'll have the stroller.

How are you feeling about your body? I feel gross. Mostly due to the bloat and that I can't seem to stop eating. Hungry all the time! 

June 2016 April Siggy Challenge: Reasons my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Super cute pic @jerseybroadwaybaby!

I thought I was very lucky having zero symptoms, but yesterday started to get nauseous a bit, I think I'm hungry but then I'm not. And I used to be able to live off all things pumpkin, like all year round I eat it daily. and now I just want to barf. And then I think the symptoms are just in my head...losing it over here. Bloat is in on full force, lovely. I've still gotten in my workouts but it's not the level I'm used to, trying to go easy on myself. I've always been someone who feels better after a workout, and more awake, if that makes sense, so now I'm convincing myself that doing something for the next 9 months is better then nada. Day by day I guess. Need to incorporate more low impact stuff that I can do in my house, anyone have anything good? My first dr's appt is next Thursday with an ultrasound, think I'll feel better knowing there's something real in there and not me just missing my period.

Ahhhhhh!!! So I am a HUGE pumpkin fan too!! Once September hits I eat all the pumpkin things! But right now they turn my stomach!! I feel like I need to go into a program or something cause I'm actually embarrassed that the self proclaimed queen of pumpkin has lost her crown!
  • Options

I thought I was very lucky having zero symptoms, but yesterday started to get nauseous a bit, I think I'm hungry but then I'm not. And I used to be able to live off all things pumpkin, like all year round I eat it daily. and now I just want to barf. And then I think the symptoms are just in my head...losing it over here. Bloat is in on full force, lovely. I've still gotten in my workouts but it's not the level I'm used to, trying to go easy on myself. I've always been someone who feels better after a workout, and more awake, if that makes sense, so now I'm convincing myself that doing something for the next 9 months is better then nada. Day by day I guess. Need to incorporate more low impact stuff that I can do in my house, anyone have anything good? My first dr's appt is next Thursday with an ultrasound, think I'll feel better knowing there's something real in there and not me just missing my period.

Ahhhhhh!!! So I am a HUGE pumpkin fan too!! Once September hits I eat all the pumpkin things! But right now they turn my stomach!! I feel like I need to go into a program or something cause I'm actually embarrassed that the self proclaimed queen of pumpkin has lost her crown!
    I have two loaves of pumpkin bread in my freezer then I'm going to force down in hopes it turns all this nausea around...it should totally work!
  • Options

I have two loaves of pumpkin bread in my freezer then I'm going to force down in hopes it turns all this nausea around...it should totally work!
    Haha!!! Good luck!!! Keep some down for me!!!
  • Options
    How are you doing? How are your workouts? I am not too far along so I don't feel like my workouts should be effected but I am sooooo tired. Before getting KU I was really active now running even 3-5 miles feels like a long way. I am determined to keep it up instead of laying on the couch which is what I want to do.

What have you changed? I have slowed down a bit and cut out all speed work. I also keep an eye on my heart rate and keep it below lactate threshold. I am hoping to run a half marathon in December but we will see how I feel. 

How are you feeling about your body? Bleh, I feel bloated and my boobs already seem bigger ?!?
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this! I really really want to maintain a healthier body and mind for this pregnancy.

How are your workouts? - Good, I was very sick yesterday so only managed a short walk outside but this morning I did my in home workout as soon as I woke so I could do it before my DD woke up. I am shooting for 10,000 steps a day with my fitbit and am on target for that. 

What have you changed - My appetite is really weird going up and down but I am trying to be as healthy as I can and am drinking lots of water. Not beating the bloat but have nearly eliminated all sweet things and am sticking to healthier choices. 

How do you feel about your body?: Well, seeing as I was heavily pregnant this time last year I feel alright about it but I got KU when I was 5lbs from my PP weight and was pissed off with myself that I hadn't shed it all. But it has given me a determination to be healthy and work out this time round. I learned baby can be healthy without a 40lb weight gain! 

• Options
    Last week I had to skip a couple of my workouts because of nausea and exhaustion. So far this week though I've stuck with my normal workout routine. I'm toning down the amount of weights I lift and honestly with how my body is feeling there is no way I could do what I normally do. I feel great while I'm working out and then I get done the nausea sets in again. I have to choke down my post workout protein. I'm not feeling great about my body. The bloat is awful. I'm trying to stay positive about it but it's a little hard because I already cannot wear some of my workout shorts. But I'm happy to be able to still workout and eat healthy while pregnant.
  • Options
    @rzbinden what protein are you taking?! I miss mine, we had a convo a couple weeks ago if protein shakes were ok...it was decided that it wasn't worth the risk of the unknown, unless you have a good one?!
  • Options
    How are you doing? I'm feeling pretty good. Occasionally queasy, but I wouldn't go so far as to say nauseous. It's still early though, as I am 6wks

How are your workouts? I went for a swim yesterday. I think I was so bloated my buoyancy was different. Haha. I'm planning to alternate swimming and prenatal yoga.

What have you changed? I really want to be a good, healthy example for my kids, so while I've been an active swimmer and yogi in the past, lately I've been a bum. I want to start these healthy habits now.

How are you feeling about your body? Pretty good despite looking 4 months pregnant by the end of the day.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @jerseybroadwaybaby Cute picture! You do look great! 

How are you doing? I was kind of blah last week. I still did 2 resistance workouts early in the week (my goal is 3 a week), but after that my cardio and resistance workouts both kind of fell off. I was really tired and I just wanted to lie on the couch. But this week I'm really focusing on staying as active as I can, especially because I know my symptoms are not nearly as bad as they could be! I'm actually feeling a lot better at this point than I did last pregnancy. 

How are your workouts? Doing a lot better now. I did a full resistance workout and took a 30 min walk yesterday! Yay! 

What have you changed? I'm trying not to change anything yet (I talked to the NP at the doctor's office about my workouts and she said to keep doing what I'm doing as long as I can). I'm just lazier. Haha. 

How are you feeling about your body? Ehhh. I'm honestly starting to get afraid I will get huge this pregnancy. I was working on losing weight before I got pregnant and I'm a little frustrated that I now have to wait a lot longer before I can say goodbye to this extra weight. I'm really hoping that if I do my best to stay healthy in pregnancy that I won't gain much weight and then I can lose weight more easily after I have the baby. 

We're going to take family pictures in a couple weeks and I told my H that we need to buy a really cute dress for me to wear so that I look and feel beautiful! Our last family pictures were taken when my DD was about 4 months old and when I saw at them I could hardly look at myself. I'm doing my best to feel beautiful at my current size and I want to be happy about these family pictures! 
    Nov 17 BMB May Siggy Challenge: Mother's Day Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @meggyme Are you taking prenatal yoga at a local class or are you doing a course on-line or something? I really want to get into the prenatal yoga but I haven't been able to find a lot in my area. The only class I've found doesn't accept pregnant women till after the first trimester. I'd just sorta like to get started before so it isn't so hard to start something once I start putting on extra baby weight. I'm assuming that's going to happen not too far into the second trimester.

I've been going for walks every day for about an hour and trying to do some light jogging intervals. I'm a little worried I'm overdoing it though since I wasn't exactly active before getting KU. :\"> Nothing makes you feel bad about yourself like being completely winded after jogging less than 1/3 mile.

In terms of how I'm feeling about my body: better, actually. At least getting out and walking everyday has helped some with the bloating.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    How are you doing? How are your workouts? I'm doing ok. Still really tired but I was able to workout 2 days last week. My goal is to make it 3 days this week. 

What have you changed? I haven't really been pushing too hard with the cardio when I'm on the elliptical. I feel like it's enough that i'm on it and and keeping it moving. 

How are you feeling about your body? Some days good, some days not so good. Just taking it one day at a time. I've also stopped getting on the scale. So I'll see where i'm at when I go to the Dr. next week. 

• Options
    aloha5736aloha5736 member
    edited October 2015
    Week 5 I did spin 2 times and the elliptical 2 times. I've also been doing 3.5 miles walk here and there with my dog. I started spotting after spin on Saturday, so I'm stopping for a little while. My body feels normal. I'm barely bloated and haven't gained any weight. I've cut down my lifting routine so feel a little less toned.
  • Options
    @NamelessAria I use yogadownload.com for my yoga classes. They regularly have groupons where it's like $25-50 for a year subscription and you can download them and keep them forever. I'm going to do strictly prenatal yoga classes from there until I can get specifics from my OB. I've done yoga on and off for a few years, but not consistently for several months. I like it because I'm much more likely to do yoga if I don't have to go anywhere, but If you're just starting out I suggest taking a class to learn proper positioning.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Hey can I join? Been eating super healthy this pregnancy and still working out the same as I was before (p90x). Although I'm modifying when I feel I have to. I feel like my last pregnancy I used it as an excuse to over indulge. I paid the price! Not again.
  • Options
    Lyzza350 said:

Hey can I join? Been eating super healthy this pregnancy and still working out the same as I was before (p90x). Although I'm modifying when I feel I have to. I feel like my last pregnancy I used it as an excuse to over indulge. I paid the price! Not again.

Of course you can join in!! Anyone is welcome!!
  • Options
    I've been doing ok despite the nausea.  I'd say I averaged 5 times this week.  I'm keeping it lighter impact (long walks, elliptical) and some high intensity (spin).  I think today will be a spin day since tomorrow I skipped.  I'm definitely taking it down a notch in the heart rate though.  
  • Options
    Can I jump in here as well? I've been super busy lately and my workouts are getting put on the back burner! I gained a ton of weight throughout my last 2 pregnancies, and even though I was able to lose it all, I'm trying to avoid that at all costs this time! So, I need somewhere to go for accountability :)
    I've always done a lot of running and lifting, but I started getting into barre workouts lately and I'm loving them!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sjb2419 are you doing barre online?
  • Options
    @wyattnash00 No, I ordered a couple of Suzanne Bowen's prenatal DVDs. I got Slim & Toned and BarreAmped Sleek & Toned. I think I heard somewhere that her website has some free videos, though. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so happy to read the posts so far - glad I'm not the only one feeling this way!

Feeling ok but really tired and bloated. Also I've really lost my appetite so I guess this is contributing to the tiredness.

What have you changed?
    It took us so long to get pregnant I'm scared to overdo it so have cut back. I raced in our cross country league at the weekend but was about 5mins slower than last year. Normally swim and run on Tuesday's but just swam today.

i feel like a flabby mess already but pretty sure it's all bloat as my clothes still fit (thankfully!)

Am hoping I feel better soon as I really miss running fast!
  • Options
    sjb2419 said:
    @wyattnash00 No, I ordered a couple of Suzanne Bowen's prenatal DVDs. I got Slim & Toned and BarreAmped Sleek & Toned. I think I heard somewhere that her website has some free videos, though. 

Thanks! I'll check them out:)
  • Options
    rn77209rn77209 member
    edited October 2015
    New to this post, but glad to be here!! Nice to have a support group for this!

I used to run 3 5ks a week before I found out I was preggo (last Monday), but the week before that I had a mole removed right below my boob, so I couldn't run that week either :-/ I have been worried and cautious about running (even though I know it's fine!!) so I've only gone on a few 2 mile walks with my pups since then. My knees and hips were starting to bother me from not really doing anything, so today I decided I was going to do a light jog with the pups today, so I jogged about 1.5 miles and walked the other .5 mile. It felt GREAT! Got a nice stretch in after too :D

What have you changed?

My jog today was probably at a 5mph speed, if that. It was almost relaxing and I didn't really break that much of a sweat, but it still felt great to just run again! I'll probably cut back to maybe three 1.5miles jogs a week instead of the 5ks and throw some regular walking around the neighborhood too!

I feel really good about my body right now - some days the bloat is worse than others, but all in all I feel good with everything. I need to get back to my free weights (just 5-10lb arm weights) so I can keep up those muscles for carrying the baby around in 8 months :x
  • Options
    Lyzza350 said:
    This is exactly why I am going to be part of this thread as well. I am determined not to use the pregnancy to eat crappy like I did last time. Looking forward to us all being healthy together! 

• Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm 7 weeks today and the morning sickness and fatigue has officially done me in :( But... I did hike a mountain on Sunday and felt great. And I'm determined to jog at least once this week on any day that I don't feel crummy. Tonight wasn't the night though - I spent most of it curled in a fetal position in bed. I'm still walking a bunch though because it's part of my normal commute (about 20 min twice a day), so at the VERY least I'll keep that up during the pregnancy. I'm really, really hoping I feel well enough this weekend for another hike though, because it makes me feel amazing.

First pregnancy for me... this is rough!
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Options
    How are you doing? Hanging in there. I need energy!

How are your workouts? Slow, but I'm still going
    What have you changed? No more burpees, I get way too dizzy. I am not complaining about it either.

How are you feeling about your body? I feel squishy and a little gross. I know it'll go a way in a few months though.

• Options
    TunieBeeTunieBee member
    edited October 2015
    How are you doing? So so tired. The fatigue hit me big time. I feel like someone slipped me a sedative.

How are your workouts? I took 9 days off while I was on vacation. Finally went back to the gym this morning and actually had a great workout. I may have pushed it too hard. I ran about 3 miles on the treadmill with intervals of sprints. I said I would take it easier (and have been besides today) but it honestly felt so good. Lifted some weights and did some transverse ab exercises.

What have you changed? No burpees for me either, thankyouverymuch. So glad to have an excuse to get out of those. I have been taking it much easier since the BFP, not going anaerobic etc., but today I pushed it pretty hard. I will need to ask my doc what she thinks about intensity.

How are you feeling about your body? I haven't gained any weight yet but I can already feel my belly softening (not that it was ever truly been hard—pre pregnancy or post). I wish I could be better about pulling in my transverse abdominus to prevent pooching out but I'm just the worst about that. Even at 117 pounds I have a muffin top (I'm 5'2"). Oh well. I gained 40 pounds last pregnancy and would like to stay under 30 this time around.

ETA: I had my ultrasound this week! There's definitely a little squish in there!

• Options
    ***Question***

Has anyone had a protein powder actually approved by their doctor or OB?

DST T4L

• Options
    What do we think about these? I had previously been advised by a women's physical therapist to stop ALL ab exercises during pregnancy and let the belly soften completely to help prevent diastisis. I followed that advice last time and my separation was small and healed quickly. However, my core is my weakest part of my body and if I could keep up some strength this time around it might be beneficial. Thoughts?

https://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/2012/02/ab-exercises-for-pregancy/

• Options
    NicknShan said:

***Question***

Seriously @nicknshan, I feel like people are holding out on us!
  • Options
    Hmmmm @MaddieRosie, I wouldn't stop abs/core altogether! I had that same link you posted. A strong core is great at beginning, throughout and after pregnancy. Obviously moves should be modified as you grow but I've been doing my usual planks, abs etc for now, modifying all lower ab moves.
  • Options
    NicknShanNicknShan member
    edited October 2015
    ***Question***

@wyattnash00 I feel awful saying this, as I used to be Beachbody coach, but I finally brought Shakeology to my doctor.  She immediately looked at the ingredients and said HELL NO.  Soooo... I have hundreds of dollars of the stuff at home getting dust :-(  I really want to find something doctor approved... and a short ingredient list.  

DST T4L

• Options
    Ugh @nicknshan! Atleast you know. I have 2 huge buckets of my protein now in the garage. I've been drinking good old fashioned chocolate milk after workouts, not the same :(
  • Options
    The protein powder I use is 1st Phorm Phormula 1. My OB looked at the ingredients and said it was fine. And I know other momma's that used it and everything was fine. Hope this helps you guys! @Wyattnash00 @NicknShan
  • Options
    NicknShan said:

NicknShan said:

***Question***

@wyattnash00 I feel awful saying this, as I used to be Beachbody coach, but I finally brought Shakeology to my doctor.  She immediately looked at the ingredients and said HELL NO.  Soooo... I have hundreds of dollars of the stuff at home getting dust :-(  I really want to find something doctor approved... and a short ingredient list.  

I wondered this!! What specifically did she not approve of?