Breastfeeding
Options

Weaning off breastfeeding

Hi, 

My little girl is 10 1/2 months old and obsessed with breastfeeding. She is still currently breastfeeding 3 times during the day and at least once at night. She also has 3 solid feeds a day and 2 snacks. But she still wants to BF. I am hoping to have her weaned by 12 months but I just have no idea where to even begin. She doesn't take the pacifier or bottle. I am desperate for any advice on how you ladies did it.  

Thanks.  :)

Re: Weaning off breastfeeding

• Options
    I would say it's time for her to use a big girl sippy cup and boobies are for babies. And do the don't offer /don't refuse thing.
  • Options
    Have you tried a straw cup? It helps if you also use a straw cup so she can mimic you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She may surprise you. With my first, I thought he was never going to wean, but sure enough, by 13 months he was down to 1 comfort nursing session first thing in the morning and we just had DH get up for the day with him. Much easier than we expected!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    What I did was whenever it was time to nurse before her nap I would substitute with a snack. I believe I used a sippy cup as well with a soft tip and only left mommy's milk before bed. It also helped with my supply. The first couple of days were torture but I had to do it. And then finally I stopped the nightly feeding. It was four years ago, I've been trying to back track for myself this time around. But I do believe that's all I did. And I do remember dd not liking the hard tips on sippy cups, I think the straws will help as well. Hope this helps :-/ Good luck & have patience! It's all a process ;)