Options

Just heard on Facebook

2»

Re: Just heard on Facebook

• Options

Good: Mariah
    Bad: Lorcan
    Ugly: Haakon

I actually like Haakon, but I'm Norwegian and it's a pretty common Scandinavian name...
    and I have no clue how you'd try to pronounced it in English based on how it's written, but it's pronounced like this in Norwegian (if you are familiar with IPA(key): /ˈhɔːkun/
    or as someone online described it That's roughly "HAW-koon"
  • Options
    I saw Izeya.s (minus the period) today. Is that a legit spelling? It took me a good long time to figure out what name it even was...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nbpa3027 said:

I saw Izeya.s (minus the period) today. Is that a legit spelling? It took me a good long time to figure out what name it even was...

Is that supposed to be Isaiah? I mean it's an odd spelling when it's spelled right, give the poor kid a chance!
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Gingermom15Gingermom15 member
    edited October 2015
    A distant friend of mine is naming her son Odin. Good luck, little boy you have big shoes to fill. lol

ETA yet another birth announcement for a Braxton, but spelled Brax.styn to make him youneek from the others.
  • Options
    sarahgn said:
    A distant friend of mine is naming her son Odin. Good luck, little boy you have big shoes to fill. lol ETA yet another birth announcement for a Braxton, but spelled Brax.styn to make him youneek from the others.

My cousin named her little boy Odin. i think that Odin is being used more often now.

• Options
    Rye.llee. Pronounced like Riley