Breastfeeding

Freezer bags

LO is only 4 days old. I am using a milkies milk saver and getting almost 1/2 each feeding now that my milk came in fully. My question is is 2oz bags to freeze enough or too much? Would like some thoughts

Re: Freezer bags

• I would say depends on when you plan to dip into freezer stash. With DD1 I didn't plan to use it until I was back to work. Since she would be 3 months then, I froze in 4oz increments. Also smaller amounts in work better than larger amounts because you should have less waste that way.
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• I knew I wouldn't use much of mine until I went back to work and at that time I'd have to be making lots of bottles every day...so I froze in 6oz increments. I'm away from lo for about 12 hours on weekdays and she's a big eater so I prep 24oz of bottles each day (to be sure I have enough). Every day that is made up of 12oz frozen (2 bags) and 12oz fresh. That way she gets at least some new milk because the properties of the milk change as she ages...and I'm still getting through the frozen stuff. I'm on about a 7 week delay on the frozen stuff right now.

I found that freezing in smaller increments was annoying because it required more bags. If you know you'll be making lots of bottles, larger increments is fine. If you're only going to use it occassionally I'd do smaller bags, maybe 4oz, or however much lo takes in one bottle.