Multiples

Weekly check in 10/14

We do this on the month boards for the twin moms. Just helps to get to know each other, and to check in on one another. We all love it, so thought I'd try it here.

If you already have your twins:
1. How old are they?
2. Boys or girls?
3. If they're the same sex, do you dress them alike?
4. What's your favorite thing about having twins?
5. For babies, are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? If your twins are older, which did you do?
6. What was your favorite item for your twins (ex: swings, rock n plays, jumpers)?
7. Do people say/ask stupid crap to you about having twins when you're in public?
8. What's the best advice you can give to mom's who are expecting twins?

Expecting mommas:
1. How many weeks are you?
2. Do you know the sex of the babies? If not, are you finding out?
3. What are you looking forward to the most? What are you most scared of?
4. Do you plan to breastfeed or formula feed?
5. What's the best part of carrying twins? How about the worst?
6. Do you have an eviction date set yet? If so, induction or c-section?
7. Do people say/ask stupid questions about you being pregnant with twins/triplets?
8. Any questions you have for us mommas that already have our twins?

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekly check in 10/14

• I am 32wks6d with boy and girl twins. I am looking forward to all of the challenges I have ahead of me. I am also looking forward to meeting my beautiful and handsome babies for the first time, holding them, kissing on their little adorable cheeks, and cuddling and bonding with them both. I know there is going to be a lot of obstacles that comes with having twins, but I'm not afraid of anything. I've thought about breastfeeding them, but think I'm going to pump instead.The best part of carrying twins is that you get to bring not one but two lives into this world. You also get to see how they interact with one another during an u/s. I would say that it's nothing worst about carrying twins simply because their little blessings. There are things like(in my case) being extra tired, carrying 2x's the weight, terrible headaches, never getting enough to eat and drink, and many restless nights to come that are on the downside. I'm having a repeat c/s but don't have an exact day, but I do know that it will be by week 38. The craziest thing I've been asked is," are they identical twins?". I don't have any questions that I can think of at the moment.
  • Expecting mommas:
    1. How many weeks are you? 24 Weeks
    2. Do you know the sex of the babies? If not, are you finding out? We do not currently know, but are considering having them sealed at our next ultrasound next month to reveal with family.
    3. What are you looking forward to the most? What are you most scared of? I am mostly looking forward to not being pregnant anymore lol. I'm scared of how two babies will change our family. There is so much we don't have in terms of space mostly and there isn't anything we can do to help it until this time next year after babies are here.
    4. Do you plan to breastfeed or formula feed? We are going to try and breastfeed again. My goal is 6 months. Last time with one baby I only made it to 4, but that was partially because I went back to work and pumping sucked!
    5. What's the best part of carrying twins? How about the worst? Feeling them move. The worst is the extra discomfort. I'm only 24 weeks and am having contractions and worry a lot about preterm labor.
    6. Do you have an eviction date set yet? If so, induction or c-section? My OB is setting a c-section date of Jan 22nd! I'm terrified of having a c-section, but I want both babies here the same way and safely. Plus they can tie/burn/cut my tubes while they are in there.
    7. Do people say/ask stupid questions about you being pregnant with twins/triplets?  Yes! I have gotten so many comments about how people feel bad for me or how sorry they are. I don't see why. We wanted one last baby in our family and instead we're getting two. Why does that have to be a bad thing?
    8. Any questions you have for us mommas that already have our twins? Any general tips/tricks for faster recovery with a c-section? I'm worried about bonding with babies (especially when we come home) and keeping our other kids feeling loved and supported while we get into a routine.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • If you already have your twins:
    1. How old are they? They're 19 weeks today.
    2. Boys or girls? Girls
    3. If they're the same sex, do you dress them alike? Sometimes, but usually differently.
    4. What's your favorite thing about having twins? Seeing the way they interact with each other. They talk, laugh and even hold hands. It's twice the love and cuddles.
    5. For babies, are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? If your twins are older, which did you do? We're breastfeeding. I found it very difficult at first, but now it's super easy. I pump for when I'm at work.
    6. What was your favorite item for your twins (ex: swings, rock n plays, jumpers)? My swings! Half the time that's the only way the girls will sleep. We'd be screwed without them.
    7. Do people say/ask stupid crap to you about having twins when you're in public? All the freaking time! I've been asked every time I've left the house if they're twins. I've been asked several times if they're both girls (wearing pink every time). People tell me constantly that "you must have your hands full". No crap. I have 4 month old twins and a 3 year old. People ask me if they're mine. I could go on and on.
    8. What's the best advice you can give to mom's who are expecting twins? You can do this! It's hard at first, but it gets easier. It's twice the hugs and kisses, twice the love, twice the cuddles and twice the fun. Breastfeeding is possible! Do what's right for you. If one wakes to eat, wake the other to eat. Try to get them on the same routine. If not, all you'll do is feed them it seems. Don't worry about how they're born. Naturally or a c-section, it doesn't matter. What matters is safe momma and safe babies. If you have older children, make sure you make time for alone time with them. Adding one baby is hard on them, but adding 2 babies is huge. Make sure they know they're still just as important. Just love and enjoy them. They grow so fast!

• If you already have your twins:
    1. How old are they? 5 months on October 10th

2. Boys or girls? 2 beautiful Girls

3. If they're the same sex, do you dress them alike?
    Yes I do! Sometimes I do the same outfit but in a different color but mostly the same outfit same bow :) I figure I only have a short while to do this before they started expressing their independence and will have certain clothes preferences so until them I do HAHA

4. What's your favorite thing about having twins?
    I selfishly love that I almost always have one to hold and snuggle even when someone comes over... They have now started to realize the other one is there and have started to communicate with each other which melts my heart! I also love seeing how individual and unique they are. It really shows how unique every person is which I truly enjoy!

5. For babies, are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? If your twins are older, which did you do?
    I am breastfeeding. The first month was hell and I questioned if it was worth it many times but now I don't even have to really think or put much effort into it. I pump at work but if I am with them I EBF.

6. What was your favorite item for your twins (ex: swings, rock n plays, jumpers)?
    So far the my breast friend. I never had a swing or rock n plays and I just bought a jumper to see if they like it before I buy 2. The bouncer seats were also life saving as I was getting the hang of BF bc I would put one in a bouncer until the other latched. Another favorite item would have to be their cozies... My sister gave them these little blankets that look like a stuffed animal. One is an elephant and one is a giraffe and my girls sleep with them and LOVE THEM!!! I think they will be their comfort item.

7. Do people say/ask stupid crap to you about having twins when you're in public?
    We can't really go out without at least "one are they twins?" Or "how do you do it" the questions don't bother me that much, what bothers me is when people go to touch them!!!
  • I fit into two categories but I will focus on the pregnant with twins.

I do have 5 year old boy/girl twins though :):)

1. 14 weeks 5 days
    2. Genetics says boys but I will have the MFM check at my next big u/s in November.
    3. Holding them.  I am terrified of delivering way too early. 
    4. Breastfeed again, pump too if they are premature and too weak to latch on. 
    5. Having two individual lives inside of you, each unique with their own personality. The worst are the body aches towards the end. 
    6. Scheduled C-section will be 37-38 weeks but the MFM thinks I will likely deliver around the same time as before, around 35 weeks. 
    7. No one really knows yet, but last time yes, people always thought I was about to deliver and I still had months yet.
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• 1. 27 weeks and 4 days!
    2. Fraternal girls :)
    3. I'm looking forward to seeing the way they interact with each other! I'm also terrified of preterm labour. 38 weeks is right around Christmas so I'm hoping I make it that long!
    4. My plan is to BF and pump so my husband can help with feedings. I'll be off for a year so I'm not worried about pumping too much yet!
    5. My favourite part is feeling like a superhero carrying and growing two humans. I just feel so proud that this happened to me! My least favourite part is the pains and the fact I can't move as well as I could! I feel pretty useless sometimes...
    6. No date set yet!
    7. I get stupid questions all the time! My favourites are people just being totally confused when I tell them it's twins. "How does that work?" Or asking "Are you sure there isn't a third hiding in there somewhere?" What the hell...
    8. My question for the current twin moms is what was the last bit of pregnancy like? Did you have to go on bedrest? Were you induced or did labour happen naturally? I'm so scared of NICU time with my girls and delivering too early. Some positive stories would help!
  • To answer some questions: I had a scheduled c-section at 38w2d. I made it to the date with no signs of any preterm labor. I worked up until 38 weeks exactly. It was really hard since I'm on my feet 8 hours, but I made it through. Just major back, hip and foot pain. My dh just gave me nightly massages and it was amazing. Also, I got a maternity support belt and it helped TREMENDOUSLY! My girls were born at 6lbs 13oz and 7lbs 6oz. Very healthy, no NICU at all. I had a scheduled c-section because with ds, I had an emergency c-section, and they didn't want to chance anything going wrong with twins. Plus, one was breech and the other was transverse. I had an easy recovery. My best recommendation is to get moving! The more you lay around and do nothing, the longer it takes to heal. Start with little walks, and gradually get longer.

I have a 3 year old ds. How we handled the change is pretty easy. To bond with the girls, we would cuddle with them, I breastfeed which helps me bond, and just talk with them. Then while they're sleeping, I focus on ds. We color, paint, watch a movie, play outside, or do some other activity. We also would have my parents watch the twins for an hour or two and my dh and I would just do something with ds, so he had our full attention. DS also helps change their diapers, gets us stuff we need for babies, helps daddy bottle feed, sits next to me as I feed the girls, and constantly holds, hugs and kisses them. That way he is involved too.

It's tough at first until you get into your routine, but I promise, it gets better!

• Expecting!
    1. 25 weeks.
    2. We don't know the sexes and don't know if we want to know yet....
    3. Most looking forward to not being pregnant. Most scared of them coming too early.
    4. I hope to breastfeed.
    5. Is there a good part to carrying twins besides having two babies at the end? The worst part is...being pregnant....with twins...
    6. They they will induce me at 38 weeks if I haven't already delivered.
    7. We aren't really telling most people that I'm having twins...but I get a lot of comments about how big my belly is.
    8. I guess my question is, how do you sleep while you are pregnant. I've stopped being able to!
  • twinmom1121twinmom1121 member
    edited October 2015
    If you already have your twins:
    1. How old are they? Will be 2 next month!!
    2. Boys or girls? Two boys - di/di identical!
    3. If they're the same sex, do you dress them alike? I dress them more alike the older they get! When they were babies they were at least coordinating but now that they are toddlers, they match a lot more. Occasionally they just coordinate. They never wear things that are completely different (it bothers me! Hah).
    4. What's your favorite thing about having twins? I love that they keep each other so entertained and they play together. I can clean the house, cook dinner and they just so their own thing together (for the most part).
    5. For babies, are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? If your twins are older, which did you do? I exclusively breastfed my boys for 18 months! Never had any formula!
    6. What was your favorite item for your twins (ex: swings, rock n plays, jumpers)? Loved my swing, my stroller and our vibrating bouncy chairs we would move from room to room.
    7. Do people say/ask stupid crap to you about having twins when you're in public? I actually don't get very many stupid comments. Mostly its "you have your hands full!" Or they stop to talk to me about them and tell me how much they look alike! Ha. I don't mind it at all.
    8. What's the best advice you can give to mom's who are expecting twins? It's the best thing in the world! Some days it is hard, but there are so many more amazing days!
    Edited to add that I am currently pregnant with my third, due beg of feb! We are having a girl this time and I'm so excited for the twins to be big brothers!

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Theliops said:

1. 27 weeks and 4 days!
    2. Fraternal girls :)
    3. I'm looking forward to seeing the way they interact with each other! I'm also terrified of preterm labour. 38 weeks is right around Christmas so I'm hoping I make it that long!
    4. My plan is to BF and pump so my husband can help with feedings. I'll be off for a year so I'm not worried about pumping too much yet!
    5. My favourite part is feeling like a superhero carrying and growing two humans. I just feel so proud that this happened to me! My least favourite part is the pains and the fact I can't move as well as I could! I feel pretty useless sometimes...
    6. No date set yet!
    7. I get stupid questions all the time! My favourites are people just being totally confused when I tell them it's twins. "How does that work?" Or asking "Are you sure there isn't a third hiding in there somewhere?" What the hell...
    8. My question for the current twin moms is what was the last bit of pregnancy like? Did you have to go on bedrest? Were you induced or did labour happen naturally? I'm so scared of NICU time with my girls and delivering too early. Some positive stories would help!

To answer some of your questions: I was never put on bedrest and made it to my scheduled csection day at 38+1weeks. I never went into labor. Just stay positive and don't push yourself while pregnant! You never know what will happen during twin pregnancies so just hang in there!

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Expecting mommas:
    1. How many weeks are you? 10 weeks
    2. Do you know the sex of the babies? If not, are you finding out? We ARE going to find out this time. DS and DD were both surprises at the birth so this is different for us (in so many ways, right?!?!)
    3. What are you looking forward to the most? What are you most scared of? Double the baby love :) I'm most scared of managing life with not 1 but 2 babies and 2 big kids!
    4. Do you plan to breastfeed or formula feed? hopefully breastfeed
    5. What's the best part of carrying twins? How about the worst? I'm not far enough along to say. ;) I have had an easy 1st trimester - knock on wood!