November 2015 Moms
Options

Water Break

Ok STM how did your water break the first time? I woke up at 2:15 and felt a little fluid coming out kind of like when you start your period heavy. My underwear and shorts were wet. Went to the bathroom and had to go. Not sure if it was pee or water breaking. Had a little bit of blood. I've been leaking a little off and on for three hours now. I'm not due for five more weeks! I'm up packing a bag just in case and headed to the doctor as soon as they open. It's too soon for this! I'm due 11-20.

Re: Water Break

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. My OB opens in an hour and half so we will be there when they open. I feel ok right now. Just anxious.
  • Options
    Good luck and be strong xxx
  • Options
    Hopefully, everything is okay. My husband was hesitant to go back the third time because he didn't want to be sent back home. But trust your mommy instincts and do what you feel is right. I knew in that moment that it could not wait until the next day because I was also having painful and constant contractions, another sign of labour. I just called my doctor's office and even though she was on vacation, I was redirected to an on call doctor on her team and taken care of as if I was her patient even until after I gave birth. Wishing you the best. Be strong, you've got this.

FTM due 11/06/2015
    Married 09/21/2013
  • Options
    Good luck and stay positive. My doc broke my water the first time around. I felt relief ....and then pain. But 1 h later had my baby. I am due 11/20 to. So this freaks me out a little bit...
  • Options
    It was around 7 am I had just got up to use the bathroom and even though I just went I felt the need to go again so I got up to get a pad (in case my water broke in bed) as I'm reaching for the pad I feel it running down my leg. I told my fiancé (either I'm peeing myself or my water broke) long story short had baby 14hours later no problem really. Hoping all goes well this time again.
  • Options
    With DS I got out of bed because I just didn't feel good and went into the bathroom. My water broke as soon as I sat on the toilet. Like PP said it was a huge gush for me. No bleeding but it continued to leak some all the way to the hospital. Good luck!
  • Options
    It sounds like it could be your water. Mine broke in the middle of the time too. I woke up feeling like I had peed myself. I laid there for a minute then more came out so I knew it was my water. I didn't have any bleeding but I've heard that is normal.
  • Options
    Good luck!!! Sounds like your water to me, but I am useless because they've always had to break mine.
  • Options
    Mine was how you described. It just kept coming out. I would call your doctor's on call line and head to l&d. Sounds like your water definitely broke. Don't wait for your doctor's office to open, go in now.
  • Options

Thanks ladies. My OB opens in an hour and half so we will be there when they open. I feel ok right now. Just anxious.

Good luck and update when you can.
  • Options
    My water broke in a very similar fashion. I have heard one way to tell is amniotic fluid has a sweet smell to it.
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Options
    Good luck!! :) At birthing class they told us that if it's enough fluid to soak through a liner, it's amniotic fluid. If it's less than that and slightly sticky, it's a surge in discharge. Also if you can't stop the flow, it's amniotic fluid.
  • Options
    My water trickled at first. It was like I went to "pee" every 2 minutes. I laid on my side and 30 min later a huge gush.

If there's bood, I'd just go to Triage.
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    No help here since I'm a FTM but my OB said that if my water breaks we need to come to the hospital right away. Good luck and keep us updated!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Zero advice. Just wanted to wish you luck. 
    Do unto others. 
  • Options
    Good luck! Sending T&P your way!
  • Options

Thanks everyone. I am ruptured. OB is sending me to the hospital. Looks like we're gonna have a baby today!

Wow, best of luck. Thoughts and prayers that everything goes smoothly.
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I am ruptured. OB is sending me to the hospital. Looks like we're gonna have a baby today!
    Good luck! 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Options
    Good luck today! Wishing you a smooth delivery and a healthy baby!
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    How exciting!! You get to meet your baby already. Not gonna lie I feel a little jealous about that part. Good luck mama!!
  • Options
    Good luck! Fortunately baby shouldn't have to spend much time in nicu at this point!
  • Options
    Good luck!
  • Options
    With my first, my water broke on my due date. It was just a little bit at a time, but it didn't stop. I had called the on call doctor, and he didn't believe me. He just said, " Just because its your due date, doesn't mean your going to have the baby today." I was so upset! Went to L&D and it turned out I was right. Jerk!

Good luck!!! That is so exciting :) 
  • Options
    Good luck!!
  • Options
    Good luck wishing you a safe delivery
  • Options
    Good luck!!!! Wishing you a smooth delivery!
  • Options
    Good luck!! I can't wait to hear the details once you're able, and ready, to update.

We're having twins

Our angel baby boy is looking over his twin sister - due November 21

• Options
    Best of luck!! Hoping for a smooth arrival for you and your LO!
  • Options
    Wishing you all the best! I hope you have a safe and fast delivery! 
  • Options
    tayzavtayzav member
    edited October 2015
    Good luck, thinking of you and LO.
  • Options
    Good luck!! Wishing you an easy labor!

• Options
    Best of luck!
    image BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Good luck!