2nd Trimester
Options

16 weeks- really uncomfortable

My pregnancy has been fairly easy until now... I just hit 16 weeks on Saturday and since then have been having awful back cramps that go from my rectum area all the way up my back. I've also been feeling some discomfort in my stomach like I have a side stitch ... Except all over. Curious if anyone else has felt this before??? This is my first pregnancy so it's hard to explain what exactly I'm feeling. Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated!!!! :)

Re: 16 weeks- really uncomfortable

• Options
    I'm only 12 weeks and have very similar type pain.  I have the stitch pain when I cough, sneeze, or blow my nose.  From what I understand, it's ligaments stretching.  Though this pain (to me) is different than the Round Ligament Pain, which to me feels like cramping. I had that really bad at night my first few weeks of pregnancy, and it's pretty much gone away now. 

My tailbone area hurts and/or throbs at night, and my sciatica is already flaring, too.  I find if I take a warm bath in the evening that this pain is less when I go to bed.  My doctor also said it was okay to use a heating pad on low, wrapped in a towel, for 10 minutes or so.  
  • Options
    That side stretch is your body stretching, I feel it too. At around 16 weeks I felt some lower back pain, which has never happened before when I would bend down to pick up my dog's bowls or anything really. It hurt, I would massage it like as if there was a knot there. Once I took my hot shower, it would feel better. Some exercise helps, that would be my sign to get up and walk around and also I would work on my posture too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had the same experiences here. My back pain has been AWFUL! I'm now 20 weeks + 4 days, and it has improved a bit. Hopefully it gets better for you too.
  • Options
    Thanks everybody!!!! Will def try these tips!! I appreciate ladies! Hope you all have some relief too... Ahh mommyhood
  • Options
    I'm also 16 weeks with my first, and I think baby is perched on top of my bladder for sure! I guess my uterus hasn't moved up yet. I haven't been too uncomfortable yet, other than the occasional round ligament sharp pain and some lower back discomfort. Anyone else experiencing heavy pressure on their bladder? Doctor said not to worry unless it's accompanied by cramps or bleeding. Still, I feel like I will call in the morning just to make sure all is well with the little one.