November 2015 Moms

Well...he cheated.

Yup, the love of my life, who I honestly thought we were so happy, so perfect, couldn't wait for our perfect little family cheated. 3 weeks before my due date. He finally admitted it after a fight. Oh and I found out because the girl actually messaged me. So, we are supposed to move into our house in 2 weeks. Baby girl due in 3 and I'm basically completely lost. He says he's sorry, it'll never happen again, she shows remorse but....yeah. my hearts pretty much ice at this point. He's upset because I won't even kiss him...hmm I wonder why. Help? I'm trying not to stress for baby but it's hard.

Re: Well...he cheated.

• What PP poster said. I am so so sorry you're going through this, especially right now at what's supposed to be such an exciting time in your life. Men are pigs. Try to take some time for yourself and gather your thoughts. No matter what your decision is in the end, make sure to give yourself that time to really think about what you want to do. Don't give into his "I'm sorry it won't happen again" bullshit until if and when you're ready to, and even decide to. Thinking of you.
  • Loading the player...
  • That's awful. Take some time to really think about how you want to handle the situation. Nothing needs to be decided right now. Sending hugs your way!
  • Heart breaking! So so sorry for you. I agree with PP that a therapist is a good place to start. Either just for you or for the both of you. You will make it through this!
  • I think the PP have given you great advise. I just wanted to say I am sorry you are going thru this and give you creepy Internet hugs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh!! Men can be such jerks!!! You have received amazing advice above, which I fully agree with. Take time for yourself and figure out what you want, and can handle. He doesn't have the right or get to be upset right now. This is YOUR time. Just try to relax maybe take a night or two away and get a hotel room or stay with family or friend
  • I am so, so, so sorry this happened to you. This is just vile that he did this. I cannot understand how some people can be so blindingly selfish even as they claim to love someone. Please take gentle care of you and your baby.

I have never been in your shoes and can't tell you what do but please, take care of you--even if that means taking some time away from him.

Ugh rage. 

Do unto others. 
  • Wow that is horrible. Sorry you are dealing with that. PPs have said what I would have so I just wanted to offer my support. Definitely use this time to focus on you and LO. Take all the time you need to make a decision for how you want to proceed with the relationship.
  • edited October 2015
    Oh, I did. I got seriously, seriously depressed and felt I needed to take some time and revaluate things, especially if I was upsetting so many people with my behavior and in turn allowing it to upset me so much. I don't plan on resuming any AW behavior, I'm just trying to be a helpful member of the community. I have no real practical advice but can still offer support. In light of not wanting any drama, I really don't want to detract from OPs thread--this is about her, not me--so that's all I will say.
    Do unto others. 
  • Op I am really sorry that happened to you. What an asshole! Be strong for your family and you baby.
  • What PP's said. I'm so sorry mama :(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • What an asshole! I know a guy who knows a guy. Bang bang! :!!
  • I have no good advice, but I will be lifting you up in prayer! Stay strong mama! So sorry for you.
  • Totally agree with what @GingerAvenger and other PPs have said - take some time to think, talk to someone, seek a therapist, don't forget (or let him forget) how incredibly important you and baby's health (physical and emotional) are right now.

I am so so sorry that you are going through this. My heart breaks for you
  • So sorry to hear this. PP have given great advice. You and LO are in my T&P
  • I'm so sorry you have to go through this, do what's best for you and baby. Praying for you!
  • I have been there,in my case we had been moving into an apartment and had already given first and last .

I helped him move all his stuff and then moved in with my dad for awhile . We tried to give it another go but I was never able to fully trust him.

However in no way am I saying to give up on your relationship . Some people honestly make horrible foolish mistakes and some people are able to work through such a mistake .

For the time being I would try to focus on you and LO. If you have family maybe you could stay with them for a few weeks for help and to fully decide .

Or maybe he can stay with someone . Seeing someone for yourself or as a couple cannot hurt

• So sorry! No one deserves to be treated that way. Do what's best for yourself and your LO. Hugs
  • I'm so sorry to see this, what an aweful situation. I'll be thinking of you @bbsweet sending lots of creepy Internet love!!!

As for that, "valuation," sounds like we have a winner aboard.
  • So sorry... 
    A few good points:
    He admitted it, he is remorseful, how the hell do you know her though ? How did she get your phone ? Is it someone part of your life ? Was it a one time thing, was it more ?

My grandmother always told me that there was no faithful men, her husband, love of her life, after 20 years of marriage when she thought they were like the perfect couple. He had actually cheated on her since the beginning, with all her friends... 
    I encourage my husband to tell me who he finds sexy, and we are really opened about it. We often joke of us having affairs around, which kind of builds the trust too, as we joke about it between us...

We don't know him and can't be in your shoes, but I would say that if you can really relay on him, and that he will be here for you and baby. I personally would make a huge scene but give him another chance. If that ever happens again though, that's another story.

• That would mean it was more than one time ? I can't imagine why the girl would text her if it was a one time thing.
    If it was a real affair on the side, that is another story. I could not forgive it.

• Counseling is really the only helpful thing I can think of to say. It has helped me immensely and obviously, different situation but I really feel like you must need someone qualified to talk to at such a difficult time. You're in my prayers. 
    Do unto others. 
  • poupoule said:

That would mean it was more than one time ? I can't imagine why the girl would text her if it was a one time thing.

If it was a real affair on the side, that is another story. I could not forgive it.

What? I don't understand your reasoning here. She'd only contact his wife if he had cheated multiple times? Why would it matter?
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear this. You've been given some great advice and I hope everything works out for you, whatever path you choose. Best of luck
  • IMO I don't think anyone is childish enough to actually think that all men cheat or that only men can do shitty things. The general consensus I've heard here from most women is that their DHs have been warm and encouraging for the most part, which has restored a bit of my optimism. OPs husband appears to be "sorry he got caught" as opposed to actually sorry. Doesn't mean he is a bad person but this probably the worst thing a man could do, ever, in my book. I think the rage is justified. 
    Do unto others. 
  • So sorry to hear you're going through this right now! I second what PP said about keeping this to just a few close people. My best friend always says "you may love him, but your close ones love you, not him". Of course, you still need some support! Creepy internet hugs!