Multiples
Options

Twins

Good morning, 

My name is Amanda. I am 24.  I have recently found out that I am having twins! This is my first pregnancy and to say the least  I am terrified. I am also considered high risk due to my own birth defects as well as expecting the twins. I was wondering if anybody had any advice for first time moms, anything on twins, or things to expect. Im pretty much shooting blind here. My fiance has a 7 year old and a 1.5 year old so we will have our hands full. 

I suppose my biggest concern at the moment is the c-section. I would really like to do this as naturally as possible. I would like to have the babies in a squatting position instead of laying down ( as long as there are no complications) has anybody done this position with twins?

Thank you for any and all help

Amanda

Re: Twins

• Options
    Wow, where do I start? Being a mom is the best thing in the world! The moment you meet your babies for the first time will be amazing! Things hardly ever go as planned. With my 3 year old ds, I had to be induced because I went overdue. Things took a turn for the worse, and we ended up in an emergency c-section. It saved his life. With my twin girls, one was breech and one was transverse. It was another c-section for me. It doesn't matter how your babies enter this world, as long as they're healthy. Safe mommy, safe babies! It is 100% possible to breastfeed. I'm doing it! Get them on the same schedule. If one wakes to eat, wake the other to eat. Otherwise all you'll do is feed. When one cries, the other usually cries too. You'll go insane at points, but it will pass! You get twice the smiles, twice the giggles, twice the cuddles and twice the love. Don't rush out and buy 2 of everything. The necessities are 2 car seats, 2 cribs and in my case 2 swings. We have 2 rock n plays. Other than that, just one of everything. While one is in the exersaucer, the other can be in the jumper. You can always buy more after they're born if you need to. Just relax and enjoy the ride. It's fantastic!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I delivered my first twin squatting on the birthing stool. It's definitely possible but only if you choose to not have an epidural. Unfortunately my 2nd twin was delivered by c-section. I'm still grateful I was able to experience a very natural, intervention-free labor and delivery for my first.

Twins are scary and hard. But it's do-able! Read as much as you can to be prepared for their birth and beyond!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Having twins is the best thing in the world! I had my twin boys 6 months ago. They're my first; I'm only 21. Im in school and working, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Having a natural birth is definitely possible. I had to be induced at 36 weeks due to high blood pressure, but they were both head down and I was able to have them both vaginally. My boys are excellent babies and have been sleeping through the night for months now. Having a lot of support helps out! Good luck, being a twin mom is definitely a blessing.