TTC after 35

Getting to know You - Jobs

2»

Re: Getting to know You - Jobs

• I'm an attorney. I represent public school districts and work with administrators and teachers. I've always been a defense attorney and kind of fell into school law. I've really grown to love it.

I loved reading everyone's posts. We are a group of bad ass women!
      • TTC #1 since August 2014
      • currently on 5th medicated IUI cycle
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been avoiding this post because I feel like a giant loser for not having an actual career! I've been a SAHM (mostly single mother) for 18 years. I have also had various jobs in that time working as a doula, a bank teller, a guitar teacher, and even had my own band in my early 20's. I'm currently still working on a BFA in painting. I did work for a year at a community college in the Women's Resource Center, which was an amazing leadership opportunity. I suppose if I had an official title it would be a mother/artist/student. (On a side note...I also read tarot cards and am a level II reiki practitioner.) I don't know if I'll ever have an official career; I'm guessing I'll just kind of float around where the inspiration takes me. ^#(^ #portlandia #whereyoungpeoplegotoretire
    I'm a level II reiki practitioner too! Though, I'm quite out of practice. I haven't done reiki on anyone (other than DH and our dog) in almost 2 years. I'd like to find more time for it.
    Me: 37, DH: 44
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Canada

• @ladeuce13 that's awesome!!!!! I don't do it for pay, I just usually send it long-distance or give it to my family and myself. ;)
    I used to think I'd start a practice officially, but that hasn't happened yet...or it may never happen. Hahaha
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @thistle8677 - thanks for sharing your path. Sounds like a fabulous career journey to me! (who said a 'career' had to be the same dang thing occurring in a linear fashion? well maybe males in the 50s....but i digress). 
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• @dolphin012 thank you, you've all made me feel much better about a lot of things. Now I'm totally crying because I adore you all...
    >:D< 8->
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Andrea from Buffalo, NY

I work in Benefits. Currently transitioning into a Project Manager position. I have been in the Healthcare Industry for 8 years and I enjoy it.

• Hi ladies:)

Melanie in WI

I worked for 17 years in the bar/food service industry. Bartender for about 15 years and my "Real" job I called it was in sales for a packaging broker then both a food & packaging broker. I loved both jobs as I didn't sit at a desk. I was out and about and met and worked with great people.
    Since moving to WI a year & a half ago, I have not been working. My husbands job and the low cost of living here allows me this "luxury". It was an adjustment at first but now I'm really enjoying it. I have a vegetable & flower garden, I canned a ton this year & we have two dogs and three cats. So, that along with my daily housewife duties, I'm pretty busy. Sometimes I think about going back to work, but for now I'm content with life.
  • PattersRN, Oregon

I'm a registered nurse and work for a surgeon in his office. I've been a nurse for 5 years and have been in my current position for almost 4 years. I absolutely love where I'm at, my boss treats me well and lets me know I'm appreciated. The patients are (mostly) great. It has its stress but it would be hard for me to go anywhere else and be happy. I'm not really attracted to the long, irregular shifts or the stress of acute care (too old for that ;) )
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Infantino22Infantino22 member
    edited October 2015
    Jennifer from North Carolina

This is an awesome group of women!

I'm the marketing director for a professional association. In my role, I oversee marketing, communications/PR, graphic design, customer service, corporate sales, membership, and conferences/events... So it gets pretty crazy at times, but I love it. I wish I had more time to really do the things that will move the organization forward, but many days, I'm just putting out fires and/or juggling deadlines.

If I didn't go into marketing/communications, I would have chosen either law or psychology - both fields were super interesting to me as electives in college.