Baby Names
Options

HELP! Baby girl #5 needs a name!

EstrogenFestEstrogenFest member
edited October 2015 in Baby Names
Hi.  I’m having a hard time choosing a name for my fifth daughter, due this January.  

This baby is a surprise.  I’m not excited about it and I’m hoping that finding the perfect name will help instead of calling it an "it".  But I worry, because I haven’t really accepted that I’m having another baby, I’m not going to like the way anything sounds.  My husband and I hate pretty much every name we look at but I’m hoping something will jump out at me.

She will join her sisters, Taylor Siobhan, Laurel Elizabeth, McKenna Breanne, and Kendall Claire.  Taylor was not my choice and I have hated it for 13 years.  But I love McKenna Breanne (nickname Kenna) and Kendall Claire (nickname KC/Kacey/Kace) - I can’t see a McKenna being the boss though!  I absolutely love Kendall Claire - I feel like anything after that would be a step down.

We know that her middle name will be Charlize, after my brother Charles who was killed about a month ago.  It’s the only variant of Charles that I am ok with - I hate Charlotte!  Her last name is V.......s.

I want a name that is versatile and could work for an artist, CEO, or anything - except a stripper - something that would look good on a door.  Since the last name is so hard to pronounce and spell, I’d like an easier name (No Saorise, Grainne, or Caiome).

I don’t want a popular name, but at the same time, I don’t want anything weird or out there.   Definitely nothing in the top 10 or 20, preferably nothing in the top 100.  I like Addison, Adeline, and Madison but they are too popular and I abhor the nicknames Abi, Addy, and Mady.   Until my brother was killed, we were going to use Gabrielle as a middle name, but I don’t care for it as a first name as I hate the nicknames Gabby and Elle/Ella and Gabrielle is too long not to have a nickname.  I also like Sophia and Aubrey, but again, they are too popular - maybe a variant like Aubriana or Aubrielle (I love the nickname Bri).  I like Hailey and Riley but I think they are cuter on a baby than an adult.  And nothing that can be easily made fun of.  I worry that Aurelia is too close to Areola, Anais is too close to Anus, Morgan Charlize would end up being MC something.  I like Bria/Brea but it’s so close to my 3rd’s middle name.

These are the names we are considering out of the thousands we looked at.  And even out of these, it's probably down to Aurelia, Bryony, Bronwen, Cecily, or Morgan

Aubree (way too popular but I like it.  I don't think it sounds right with Charlize, maybe Aubriana)
Aurelia (would an Aurelia be teased - nipples/areola)
Aveline (I think this is much prettier with a French accent than an American English one)
Bronwen / Bronwyn
Bryony (I could probably use the nickname Bri for this one)
Cecily
Morgan (I liked this years ago, but I don't know - nickname - Morg?  like where dead bodies go?, hate Mo too.)
Zosia (with a long “o” - zoe-sha)

If you can help me out, I’d appreciate it.

Names we’ve already rejected  -Caroline, Genevieve, Arianna, Violet, plus a whole host of other names (Anastasia is pretty but not since 50 shades), Kenleigh/Kennedy (I love these but no more Ken names), Matilda (was my grandmother’s name but even she didn’t use it), Regan (like it but it makes me think of the Exorcist), Shanley (a family surname we thought about but it doesn’t sound right)

Re: HELP! Baby girl #5 needs a name!

• Options
    Abigail
    Alexis
    Avery
    Brooke
    Camryn
    Daphne
    Erin
    Emma
    Hailey
    Heather
    Jessica
    Jordan
    Kara
    Kayla
    Kelsey
    Madison
    Morgan-I like this name, Mo as a nn? I know 2 people with this name and not really sure of a nn
    Megan
    Olivia
    Paige
    Peyton
    Riley

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Audra Charlize
    Astrid Charlize
    Arwen Charlize
    Artemis Charlize
    Zephyrine Charlize
    Celestine Charlize
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maeve
    Maureen
    Maura
    Lauren
    Simone
    Colette

• Options
    Madeline Charlize
    Emeline Charlize
    Amelia Charlize
    Lydia Charlize
    Josephine Charlize
  • Options
    I love Cecily. How about Aurora, Margo, Hazel, Maren?
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • Options
    I like Cecily. Or maybe Cecilia or Celia?

I think Brie works as a nn for Gabrielle as well, which would be cute.

Matilda - possible nn Tillie?
  • Options
    Personally, I love Aurelia and plan to use it if I have another girl, Aurelia Jane, nn Ari. Dd1 is Philipp Rosemary (Pippa).
  • Options
    I LOVE Cecily! It's a variant of my mn, and I think Cecily Charlize flows really well, and a possible nn could be CeCe, which is still cute. I don't think you'd go wrong on this one.
  • Options
    I really like Aurelia Charlize

Gemma Charlize
    Elowen Charlize
    Calista Charlize
    Rayna Charlize
    Audrina Charlize
    Aria Charlize
    Lorelei Charlize
    Willa Charlize
    Jocelyn Charlize
    Annika Charlize
    Brenna Charlize
    Marley Charlize
    Farrah Charlize
    Leighton Charlize
    Cadence Charlize
  • Options
    klirwin82klirwin82 member
    edited October 2015
    Tamsin Charlize
    Elodie Charlize
  • Options
    I love Cecily and Cecelia! Not crazy about them with Charlize, but it isn't terrible.

I also love Morgan. It's a classic, but underused now. I don't think people will automatically call her Morg. I know two Morgans and have never heard them called Morg.

Also suggest Megan. Very similar sound/feel, and Meg is an adorable nn.
  • Options
    How about Sabrina, nn Bri?
  • Options
    I like Cecliy and Bryony. The rest are okay but if you're not really feeling them I would keep looking. Suggestions:

Melody nn Mel
    Bethany nn Beth
    Daniella nn Dani or Ella
    Bridget
    Fiona
    Felicity
    Evangeline nn Eva or Evie
    Coraline nn Cora
    Mallory

• Options
    Bryony makes me think of biryani (Indian rice dish)
  • Options
    gingercatNJgingercatNJ member
    edited October 2015
    I live in a town with a very large Indian population. :) Biryani is ubiquitous here!

I agree...Aurelia runs a very high risk of teasing, especially once they hit junior high health class!
  • Options
    I like Morgan. I think it sounds good with all her sisters names and meets all your criteria of a person who could be anything. I went to high school with a Morgan and her friends all called her "Morgy" - it was cute, but I also don't think Morgan NEEDS a nn.
  • Options
    My girls are Delaney, Hadley, and Karis. I feel like they fit your criteria. A few other suggestions: Bellamy, Amelia, Stella, Adelaide, Emerson (Emme for short), Karsyn, Savannah, Julianna, Mae.
  • Options
    I love Morgan! It's my sister's name and it doesn't really need a nickname - sometimes we call her Moogs but she would never go by that.

I also like the suggestions of Maren and Marlow!
  • Options
    I like Charlize Gabrielle. I hope you start feeling attached and excited about this baby. Do you think your brother's death might be contributing to your lack of positive feelings about her? Naming her after him and starting to associate her with the name hopefully will help!!
  • Options
    lcq5504 said:
    I LOVE Cecily! It's a variant of my mn, and I think Cecily Charlize flows really well, and a possible nn could be CeCe, which is still cute. I don't think you'd go wrong on this one.

This. 100%.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers