February 2016 Moms
Options

Unpopular opinions 10/8

Re: Unpopular opinions 10/8

• Options
    Achae said:

I dislike matching outfits for kids, twins or otherwise.

Everyday yes I agree but for special occasions or just for fun.... I disagree I can't wait to have my girls match sometimes
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    wisco29 said:
    Everyday yes I agree but for special occasions or just for fun.... I disagree I can't wait to have my girls match sometimes
    NEVER haha.
  • Options
    Maybe this is more of a FFFC instead of UO; I sent my child to daycare today knowing that he is sick. he has a bad chest congestion and had a low grade fever this morning, so I gave him motrin, waited for the fever to go down and sent him to school. He cried to me that he didn't want to go to school this morning. Normally, between my husband and I, one of us can work from home to keep him, but neither of us could today. So we sent him crying this morning. Now I have a tremendous amount of guilt towards him and towards other kids that may catch the cold he has. 

September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Options
    My SIL is probably trying for another baby soon. I feel like a bitch, but I really hope it takes a while cause we're borrowing all their baby stuff and saved at least $500-$800 by using it. Plus, I really don't think they need another yet. My nephew isn't that well behaved and to add another? Oy.
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• Options
    Achae said:

I match my girls all the time. Not because it's cute either. It drives me nuts when people use my kids' clothes to tell them apart instead of looking at their faces and trying to distinguish them based on their facial differences, etc. plus....it's one less decision I have to make in the morning. Trying to decide which twin gets to wear the super adorable outfit is just too hard lol though any time something is available in opposite colors I'll buy it.
  • Options
    Twindling said:
    Maybe this is more of a FFFC instead of UO; I sent my child to daycare today knowing that he is sick. he has a bad chest congestion and had a low grade fever this morning, so I gave him motrin, waited for the fever to go down and sent him to school. He cried to me that he didn't want to go to school this morning. Normally, between my husband and I, one of us can work from home to keep him, but neither of us could today. So we sent him crying this morning. Now I have a tremendous amount of guilt towards him and towards other kids that may catch the cold he has. 

I'm having a really hard time with this.
    I know. The guilt is killing me and I just really had to get it off my chest. It sucks because we don't have a back up option right now. My mother stays in our town 3 to 6 months at a time and she just left mid September and wont be back till christmas, and we don't have a back up all day care option when she is not here. My husband and I both have relatively flexible schedules, but he's got an all day meeting that he has to present at today, and I am chasing a deadline and have two clients coming in this pm to prep for depositions. my boss is out of town today so I couldn't even ask him to cover for me. and Now I am having a hard time even concentrating at work because of this guilt. It sucks not having family nearby to rely on in emergency situations. 

imageimage
  • Options
    kris10mac said:
    Tory Burch. I just don't get it. I see so many people with those ballet flats that are what... $200?? What the hell?
    I have a pair. No shame in my game! I also got them at Nordstrom Rack, so while they were still pricey, not as pricey.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    pbtoastpbtoast member
    edited October 2015
    kris10mac said:
    Tory Burch. I just don't get it. I see so many people with those ballet flats that are what... $200?? What the hell?
    Haha, don't hate on my TB! She's my girl! Or...don't come in my closet.
    :(
  • Options
    @Twindling I totally agree with you, and no one should take knowingly sick kid to daycare lightly. and I don't take it lightly either, hence my comment on feeling guilty to other children in his classroom. I know my child will survive, but I know that I am exposing others.I totally understand where you are coming from as I dealt with something similar (to a lesser degree than what you are experiencing with your child) with mine when he was younger. Overnight hospital observations for low oxygen levels were awful and watching him pick up one virus after another at daycare was so sad and exhausting.  I would have worked from home today if I could; and I know my husband would have if he could. 

imageimage
  • Options
    TwindlingTwindling member
    edited October 2015

@Twindling I totally agree with you, and no one should take knowingly sick kid to daycare lightly. and I don't take it lightly either, hence my comment on feeling guilty to other children in his classroom. I know my child will survive, but I know that I am exposing others.I totally understand where you are coming from as I dealt with something similar (to a lesser degree than what you are experiencing with your child) with mine when he was younger. Overnight hospital observations for low oxygen levels were awful and watching him pick up one virus after another at daycare was so sad and exhausting.  I would have worked from home today if I could; and I know my husband would have if he could. 

At what point do you just say "this isn't okay to expose other children to" and keep him home. I understand not being able to afford to miss work...trust me, I nearly lost my job because of it. I mean what would you do if daycare called and sent him home? Just tell them "sorry we can't work from home today...be there at 5 to pick him up!"
  • Options

I'm surprised your daycare even lets you send your kid with a fever? I mean a cold is one thing, but our daycare doesn't allow fevers, you have to pick them up.
  • Options
    @Monkeybutt80 I hope the daycare calls you to come pick up your sick child. I also don't buy the "guilt" card you are trying to play. I am sure you are well aware that once one child is sick in a daycare that all the kids suffer and parents and teachers. I also think it's fantastic that you have time to post on TB this morning while you claim to be running short on a deadline. Shame on you take care of your son.
  • Options
    Twindling said:

At what point do you just say "this isn't okay to expose other children to" and keep him home. I understand not being able to afford to miss work...trust me, I nearly lost my job because of it. I mean what would you do if daycare called and sent him home? Just tell them "sorry we can't work from home today...be there at 5 to pick him up!"
    This is my exact thought.  What do you do if they send him home? Because that's what you should have done right off the bat.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Teakwood is the best candle scent.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Twindling said:

yeah, I don't know. I guess I am selfish in that I don't want to risk my job or license. I honestly have no idea what I would do if daycare called me to tell me to pick him up; if I had a solution, I wouldn;t have dropped him off in the first place. They are aware that he has a chest congestion, as I told them this morning at drop off. Go ahead and beat me up some more for this awful thing that I admitted that I did. 

@achae our daycare has the same policy, which is why I gave him motrin. He woke up with a 99.6 fever, I gave him motrin, when we left, he no longer had a fever. Like I said to Twindling, I have no idea what I will do if daycare calls me today asking me to pick him up. 

imageimage
  • Options
    I know what you do.

Nobody is beating you up. Just telling the truth.
  • Options
    @monkeybutt80 I can't imagine having a job where I would be afraid that I'd lose it if I didn't go in... that must be really hard. Makes me count my blessings. Would you possibly be able to work a half day, and then work from home for the rest of the day? 

@oxsarah7ox I hate wearing pants- pregnant or not! I think leggings are the best, as long as they're not see through at all. I like the thicker ones and always check my backside in the mirror bending over and stuff before I leave the house. What I can't stand is the girls who wear the thin ones and then you can see their butt or the outline of their underwear. Not that hard to check ladies!

Also... I hate the high waisted trend. Probably mostly because it looks awful on me. I have a short torso and it just doesn't work. But I'm not a fan of it on anyone.... especially the thing that a lot of college girls are doing here and pairing it with crop tops, or wearing shorts so short you can see their butt cheeks. 
  • Options
    I'm slightly irked that we sent a relative a baby shower gift a few months ago and the baby has since been born and we got a card announcing the birth and typed in with the card text was "...and thank you for the gift"

Tacky tacky tacky.
  • Options
    Lol, you and my H share this UO apparently!  I have to disagree!  Pumpkin spice all the way!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Apple Pumpkin from Yankee Candle all the way!

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    Leaves from Bath & Body Works....yummmmmm
  • Options

I hate when women say that their husbands/SO are "babysitting" the kid(s) while they're out doing something...or that they need to get home because they don't trust their husband/SO to care for the kid(s). If you don't trust your partner with your most prized possession, why the eff did you have a baby with them!? And they're not babysitting, they're parenting!

End rant.

I hope this isn't unpopular. This drives me crazy!! DH's cousin has 3 kids and when he has to stay alone with them he is "babysitting" um, no sorry you're not. Those are your children and it's called parenting.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ohbaby714 I hope it's not unpopular either. My SIL used to say it all the time when their son was a toddler and it would drive me crazy. My hairdresser was telling me another one of his clients was saying it earlier in the day and it reminded me of my thoughts on it. Drives me fucking batty!

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options

Pumpkin scented anything is the worst.

Noooooo!!!! I have a pumpkin Apple candle from bath and body and it is the best thing ever. There have been sold out this year and I have one left and am getting so sad because I know it is coming to an end soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ohbaby714 said:
    Noooooo!!!! I have a pumpkin Apple candle from bath and body and it is the best thing ever. There have been sold out this year and I have one left and am getting so sad because I know it is coming to an end soon.
    I pretty much despise pretty much all food scented things. Apple Pie, Pumkpin _______, Cranberry Bread, etc. They're usually just overwhelming cinnamon.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @jamieruns I've been here for 10 years and it wasn't always like this. We used to have 5 employees, about a year ago when we lost a big client, my boss fired 3 of them and made one part time without a warning. I was the only one not affected by it and he said it's because of my dedication and work ethic. Ever since then it hasn't been easy, but the job market in my field sucks. He's normally fine with me working from home, but today was one of those days I had to be physically in due to meetings.

I also just heard from my husband that his presentation went well, was able to leave the meeting after the presentation and is currently on his way to pick up our kid from daycare to work from home the rest of the day. 

So @tooba22 you should be happy to know that my husband is taking care of my son as you stated that I am "not taking care of my son" by sending him off to daycare today.

imageimage
  • Options
    @ohbaby714 I hope it's not unpopular either. My SIL used to say it all the time when their son was a toddler and it would drive me crazy. My hairdresser was telling me another one of his clients was saying it earlier in the day and it reminded me of my thoughts on it. Drives me fucking batty!
    My friend told me she left her husband with the baby for 20 minutes to go to the post office, and he texted her the whole time freaking out about it.  She came back and he really hadn't done anything to interact with the baby, so she just doesn't leave him alone with her anymore.  I just think it's sad when husbands watching their own children is referred to as, "babysitting" or their wives don't feel they are competent enough to be left alone with them/they don't put in the effort to even be competent enough.  It sounds like it's a more popular trend than we thought though :( 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    mckloughmcklough member
    edited October 2015

I hate all things pumpkins, except for the look of a pumpkin. I don't like the taste, smell, spiced, whatever.

also my UO is from reading the dumb things people say posts I think people are WAY too sensitive.

*Kate*

February 2016

• Options
    @jamieruns I've been here for 10 years and it wasn't always like this. We used to have 5 employees, about a year ago when we lost a big client, my boss fired 3 of them and made one part time without a warning. I was the only one not affected by it and he said it's because of my dedication and work ethic. Ever since then it hasn't been easy, but the job market in my field sucks. He's normally fine with me working from home, but today was one of those days I had to be physically in due to meetings.

I also just heard from my husband that his presentation went well, was able to leave the meeting after the presentation and is currently on his way to pick up our kid from daycare to work from home the rest of the day. 

So @tooba22 you should be happy to know that my husband is taking care of my son as you stated that I am "not taking care of my son" by sending him off to daycare today.

Wow fired three people just like that? That's crazy! Glad you were able to stay, and glad your hubby made it to go take care of your babe! Hope he feels better soon :)

• Options
    ohbaby714ohbaby714 member
    edited October 2015

My friend told me she left her husband with the baby for 20 minutes to go to the post office, and he texted her the whole time freaking out about it.  She came back and he really hadn't done anything to interact with the baby, so she just doesn't leave him alone with her anymore.  I just think it's sad when husbands watching their own children is referred to as, "babysitting" or their wives don't feel they are competent enough to be left alone with them/they don't put in the effort to even be competent enough.  It sounds like it's a more popular trend than we thought though :( 

Stupid quote fail--------------
    The first time I left DD alone with H he called me so many times worried about every little thing lol. "She didn't finish all her milk, is that okay?" Even now she is almost 16 months old and the other night I was at dinner with some friends and he text me "what should I give her for supper and what jammies do you want her to wear tonight?" She is your kid too honey, make a decision! He was never around kids/babies growing up so this is all completely new to him. But one thing he never says is that he is "babysitting". I think I trust him more with dd than he trusts himself.
    Pregnancy Ticker