Baby Names
Options

Does this name flow?

mayrae4mayrae4 member
edited October 2015 in Baby Names
DH and I both love Eve for a baby girl. (I don't want Evelyn because of a family member having that name, and Eva is NMS).

However, now I'm worried it may sound awkward with her last name, V. Im afraid the two together are a bit hard to say because they are both one syllable, and that she may have trouble with people understanding her when she says her full name. What do you all think? Does it flow okay? Or does it even matter?

Re: Does this name flow?

• Options
    I don't like it together at all. I think you need something longer and more substantial with Vu. Eve with it sounds like almost one word.

• Options
    Nope, sorry, not a fan.  Kind of sounds like a car to me.  Introducing the new Eve-Vu, mid-size sedan!

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    bbiutmcph said:
    I don't like it together at all. I think you need something longer and more substantial with Vu. Eve with it sounds like almost one word.

It's a little hard to say together because it starts to blend as one word. ^^ I would put a longer name in the front, and maybe Eve as a nn. Or maybe there is name similar style to Eve that you may like. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not a fan at all. I would stay away from any name with a V in it.
    Love: 5/2004
    Marriage: 4/2008
    Baby Carriage #1: 5/2012
    Baby Carriage #2: 1/2016

• Options
    It's very hard to say together. Maybe Evangeline nn Eve?
  • Options
    Blends together and sounds like one word: Evu. I think you have to keep looking.
    imageimage

• Options
    It flows... Like right into the other. Sounds like Evoo. Sorry, you can't do that.
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• Options
    Sorry, I agree with PPs. Not a good flow

• Options
    Unfortunately I agree with everybody else. It definitely is hard to pronounce distinctly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Unfortunately I agree too, you need a longer first name
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Agree that you need a longer name and the double V makes it sound like one word.  I wouldn't use it.
  • Options
    Needs a longer middle name. I sympathize with you..my last name is one syllable and it's terrible for naming. Love the suggestion of Evangeline!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    I'm not a fan. The first thing I thought of was EVOO - like the olive oil. Sorry! :/
  • Options
    It definitely flows right into one work. That's unfortunate, because Eve is very pretty.
  • Options
    Eve + Vu = emu with a speech impediment
    I am not trying to be harsh, I love the name Eve, but the name just doesn't work.