February 2015 Moms

Getting pregnant while breastfeeding

my son is seven months and we are actively trying to get pregnant ... I have had three periods since giving birth ... I am also breastfeeding .. Just wondering if any others have gone through this and were successful with getting pregnant thanks!

Re: Getting pregnant while breastfeeding

• Try the TTC board.
  • My son is 7 months old and exclusively breastfed and we were not trying to get pregnant and I just found out I'm about 8 weeks along. Good luck! I wish I could give you advice. I'm actually quite shocked. I feel like I don't even know how it happened (I do know, but I mean really?)
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!! Were you having regular menstrual cycles?
  • It's quite easy to get pregnant less than a year after giving birth. You'll know when you're pregnant because your milk will change and the breastfed baby might not want much of it since it taste differently. & since you're actively trying to conceive again , have sex just before or right after your menstrual cycle to get it started.
  • You can get pregnant. My husband and I weren't actively trying and we're pregnant. I was actually supposed to be past the time I ovulate when we had sex and a few weeks later i found out I was pregnant. I was getting regular period although I was breastfeeding exclusively. My son is 7 1/2 months and I am 12 weeks pregnant.
  • Thank you @amtheut2 . I was having a period, but it was not consistent. With my first I didn't get pregnant until I stopped breastfeeding at 15 months and I was having a regular cycle.
  • We weren't actively trying and surprise! We're 8 weeks pregnant. DD still breast feeds but she's noticeably different in her nursing patterns. Best of luck!