Parenting after 35
Options

Weekly Check-in October 4

How was your week?

QOTW: I know my family is already asking what to get LO for Christmas - do you have anything on LO's Christmas list, or that you're hoping to get?
Me-37, DH-38
Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

Re: Weekly Check-in October 4

• Options
    mattandloramattandlora member
    edited October 2015
    Hi all. I took some time off this group to get things back on track after a bout of postpartum depression. Happy to say that all is going well now in that department.

The past week was busy. It's our busiest time of year at work for a few more weeks. I'm just trying to make it through and doing the bare minimum of housework, exercise, etc.

Christmas - the older one is getting a play teepee / tent from "santa". The younger one, eh, I don't know.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    mindaamindaa member
    edited October 2015
    @mattandlora, glad to see you back and hear things are going well.

Week has been pretty uneventful, but no complaints. LO has been acting a little off today... Trying to figure out if its a leap or teathing or something.

ETA that I'm thankful to have had a good weekend with DH. He's been traveling and working so much that quality time has been rare. I'd been pretty upset about the current state of our relationship, so it's been a relief.

My mom just shipped us a jumper... Not sure if that's early Christmas, or "just because". I'm really hoping for baby's first balance bike... If family doesn't get it, we will :)
    Me-37, DH-38

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @Mindaa do you follow the wonder weeks leap theory? I love that book. I need to read infant again!

I know what a balance bike is. What are the benefits of it? Or is it just for fun?

I want a play tent for our little one. Since we get our registry completion discount for new baby thought I'd throw it on there at Amazon. Hoping I can get a discount on the stokke high chair from the target registry. Though I read it's better for a little older kids.
  • Options
    We started swimming lessons last week, and DD loved the pool (she's 4 months).  Looking forward to this week's lesson!  (I use the term lesson pretty loosely!)

Balance bikes are great, because you can skip the tricycle, and then when they are big enough for a 'real' bike they will already know how to balance on a 2 wheeler & won't need training wheels or much instruction.  My co-worker's little guy was using it on bike trails at age 2, and by 3 was on a 2 wheeler zipping along the same trails.  Once DD is old enough, she'll be getting one!

As for Christmas, looking at getting one of those bounce/ride/stride elephants and a xylophone and some shakers maybe.  She loves clanking and clinking and making noise!  And books.  You can never have too many books.  I got one from lostmy.name that's personalised - "The Girl that Lost Her Name".  Adorable - I totally recommend them (and you can preview the book before you buy it).
  • Options
    Things are still pretty quiet around here. Baby is now 7 weeks. He's more awake and thus more fun. I'm trying to figure out how to start a blog to document his growth, antics. If anyone has any advice please let me know? I want to send his grandparents some photo books, my husband's mom is blind by now but she could still be told about the photos by friends. I'm missing my friends a bit, they may be giving me space because of baby but it's leaving me a bit lonely. Trying hard to meet people with kids.
    Have my final check with doc tomorrow so will hopefully be cleared and then back to gym. Have lost the baby weight (today was the day! ) but things are still a bit "puffy" around the waist.
    Take care and hope everyone has a lovely week.
    X
  • Options
    mindaamindaa member
    edited October 2015
    Baby'smom - I haven't read the Leap book, just gleaned info. from TB and Dr. Google :) 
    A play tent is another great idea, thanks!  Might be something more portable, since both families are out of state. Plus, in doing more research it looks like a bike might be a better 1st b-day gift... even though we're going to pushing it on poor LO as soon as possible :)
    Me-37, DH-38