Baby Names
Options

Middle name ideas for Matilda

Hello! I'm currently pregnant with our second and if we're having a girl (don't know yet), DH and I both agreed on the name Matilda. I have no idea what middle name goes well with Matilda! Our DD name is Eloise Amelia and last name is 2 syllables and starts with B. Ideas??
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Middle name ideas for Matilda

• Options
    Matilda...

Elizabeth
    Eleanor
    Alice
    Beatrice
    Grace
    Rose
    Anne
    Charlotte

Sounds like you're looking for a classic/regal sounding name. Hope these helped!

• Options
    Matilda Louise is what I thought of right away. I think it flows nicely and pairs well with Eloise.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. I think I like the way 1 syllable mn sounds. Rose, Anne, Grace, etc. Thank you! Gives me a start in that direction :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Hope, Claire, Noelle, or Marie.
  • Options
    Matilda Mae (if you like alliteration) I do! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I think Matilda Jane would be cute
  • Options
    I love Matilda Jane, and we actually had that on our list (Mathilde is my husbands great-grandmothers name, and Jane is my mother in laws name). I loved the flow and everything. But there is a clothing company that is popular in my area, that makes the type of clothing that looks like little girls in clown clothing...and I think it is hideous. I knew that since the clothing company was popular with people that I knew, if we used the name, we would forever hear "oh, like the clothing company?" I knew I couldn't handle that. The website is matildajaneclothing.com if you feel like checking it out. If we would have used it in the end, it would have been Matilda Lu or Matilda Lucille.

Anyway, I am also along the lines of liking a short middle name with it, here are a few others:
    Matilda June
    Matilda Eve

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Jane is actually my mom and sister's middle name! Maybe I'll keep that name going :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Matilda Blair, Matilda Joy, Matilda Lily, Matilda Elle, Matilda Lucy, Matilda Nicole, Matilda, Jade.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I like Matilda Jane!
  • Options
    Matilda Adele
    Matilda Olive
    Matilda Pearl
    Matilda Eden
    Matilda Ivy
    Matilda Dawn
    Matilda Wren
    Matilda Quinn
    Matilda Faye
    Matilda Celeste
    Matilda Faith
    Matilda Claire
    Matilda Lucille
    Matilda Corrine
    Matilda Brooke
    Matilda Alice
    Matilda Noelle
    Matilda Jane
    Matilda Ruth
    Matilda Helene
    Matilda Beth
    Matilda Frances
    Matilda Simone
    Matilda Elin
    Matilda Renee
  • Options
    June was my first thought! Jane is pretty but I understand avoiding it.
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    Matilda Jane was the first name I thought of too.
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    Matilda grace.
  • Options
    I personally wouldn't go with Matilda Jane. At this point I wouldn't use Matilda(it was on our list with our 1st). The clothing company is really popular and you will most definitely get comments about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    As soon as I saw Matilda I thought in my head Matilda Rose. I like the mn Mae (that was my grandmothers name) but Jane is cute too.

BTW, my 5YO name is Eloise too! We just had Emeline to pair with the vowel.
  • Options
    I've never heard of the clothing line Matilda Jane so I'm not too worried about that association.
    BabyFruit Ticker