June 2016 Moms

Terrified of losing baby

First time mom here so please be patient with me. When my test was positive I was so excited. Now I am starting to have some pains on my left side but no spotting. Am I am freaking myself out? Called doc office, they said everything sounds normal and not to worry but they can't see me for another month. We haven't told anyone that we are pregnant in case we lose the baby. Any advice?

Re: Terrified of losing baby

• Loading the player...
  • I think a lot of us are in the same boat.  I'm a first time mom too and I get some cramping but thankfully no blood.  Cramping is normal as your body is adjusting.  I think the worst thing for me at least is stress so I'm trying my best to be relaxed and focused on the positive and exciting things coming.  
  • Hey y'all! I'm at 5w2d and I'm definitely stressing out over it too. I'm absolutely terrified of something going wrong. I would be so devastated. I just keep hoping and praying everything is going okay. I guess I'll find out at my 6wk checkup on Thursday!
  • I definitely have these feelings too. Its rough, so its just a matter of taking it one day at a time and trying to live in the moment of being pregnant now, and not trying to live in what could possibly happen in the future. Not that its that easy at all, its just what i try and tell myself.
  • I'm 5w5d and first time pregnancy....I was definitely feeling this way.....the comments are so comforting.....thank you....
  • My approach on most of life is my fate is already determined...I would be devastated, but if its going to happen it will happen for a reason. Don't get me wrong I would be completely devastated, but nothing has happened so can't think negative! I just hope for the best, until something else makes me think otherwise :) Be happy and enjoy it! Plus stress isn't good either :) 
  • I've been worried too, but I've also got ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome so  I look like I'm 5 months pregnant from water and have cramps and I'm sore because of it.  I question everything since I've already had one "miscarriage", I had a chemical pregnancy my last one.  I'm just trying to take it a day at a time and as long as there is no blood I try not to freak myself out. 
  • Just at 4 weeks and cramping like crazy.  Good to read all these positive comments and know I'm not alone!
  • I'm a "third-time" mom--- I have had 2 healthy pregnancies and two healthy baby boys--- I had semi-intense cramping with both, irritating enough to keep me up through the night and make me worry something was wrong. It was absolutely normal and went away after a week or so in the first tri. I agree with the other posters. We are all talking ourselves out of the "what ifs"... Just try to be excited and focus on being healthy today. One day at a time :).
  • It can be hard to stay positive sometimes. I just got a blow today because my cousin who had her baby in June and has been my support through TTC and now pregnancy has finally opened up to me what happened to her in great detail during her loss before she got her rainbow baby. Heartbreaking but it helped because even if something terrible were to happen I know that it can still have a happy ending.... Ok stopping now, tears, hormones, oh god the feels!!!
  • I have the same fears since this is my first. Every time I get a cramp I just think the worst and I go to the bathroom to see if there is blood. :( I'm being paranoid and trying to stay positive. I have no reason to think I'm going to loose the baby but I still have the fear. You're not alone.
  • This is my first pregnancy, and I have to say, you are not alone!  I am 4wks 2 days and I have been cramping off and on. Some days I cramp more than others.  As long as there is no spotting, you should be good.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I had major cramping with my first, like bad enough to have to lay down in a ball. They would last about 15 min and stopped around week 9. The little guy who caused them is happily sleeping in his crib as we speak! I was so so so worried about them, I wish I could go back and convince myself that it was ok!!!
  • Glad to read this and know I'm not alone, I've been so scared and still have 5 weeks until my first appointment.
  • This is my first pregnancy and I worry also. So far no bleeding, just light cramping and I'm praying all goes well. I check for blood every time I go to the bathroom. You're not alone!

• *loss mentioned* The first trimester crawls by! I was terrified with my frist pregnancy and sadly it ended in mmc (no blood or cramping) at a little over ten weeks. Although, it was devastating, I realized that I was part of the 2% and the baby was not developing right. Honestly, there is not much you can do and worrying does not help a whole lot. Enjoy your pregnancy and hope for the best!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Same here. But I have noticed that when I am arguing or fussing at my SO, my stomach starts to cramp really bad in that moment and it reminds me to chill out. I think its stress and anxiety. it helps me to remember to stay calm and trust, God will work everything out in HIS timing and in HIS plan.
  • It makes me feel so much better reading all these. My cramping is on and off as well as my breast tenderness. Has anyone had these symptoms change back and forth? I m/c in March so I am very nervous but also trying to stay calm. I'm 4 weeks today and the next 4 until my first appt are going really slow!
  • MynaBirdMynaBird member
    edited October 2015
    sorarose said: I was a basket case during my first pregnancy. Between the hormones and anxiety, I assumed the worst and probably didn't enjoy the pregnancy as much as I should have. Although I'm worried this time, I'm trying to be more positive and just accept that whatever happens happens. It will get easier with hearing the heartbeat and various u/s around the way.
    Yes. This. Me too. I spent my first pregnancy terrified every day that I would lose the baby, and as a result I didn't enjoy the exciting things as much as I could have. This time, I'm trying to remember something the other women on my BMB used to say last time: "Today, I am pregnant." No sense in dwelling on what
    could happen -- it's much better to celebrate what is happening. 

Now let's see if I can take my own advice...
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is my second time and it's SO nerve wracking! Once second trimester hots it get MUCH more real and you can start to enjoy it and get excited! In the meantime try to keep busy and remind yourself that as of now everything looks good. Focus on that fact!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Met 9/2001
    Engaged 3/15/2006
    Married 5/19/2007
    DD 12/12/13
    DS 6/6/2016

M/C 9/29/18 @ 6w
     BabyFruit Ticker
    Our little tie breaker due 8/1/19!  <3

• This whole thread just made me feel so much better! I've been lightly cramping and it kinda freaked me out! But sounds like I'm not alone! I love this group!
  • STM and still worried! Part of me is afraid to get attached yet... As if that's possible but I mean to start thinking ahead. I know that's terrible but it tends to be my coping skill toward things that make me anxious. Hang in there, mamas.

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm more worried this time around than I was with my first. This time first pregnancy I had already announced to everyone and this time I don't want to tell anyone in case anything happens. It does get better as you get ultrasounds and see the baby, but I don't think the worry goes away. Now that I have my toddler here I just worry about his safety ;)
  • I am apx 4 wks 3 days and have all the feels for this- I was having what must have been implantation cramps last week that have since dissipated, and I was freaking out that it was an ectopic pregnancy. I am using my extra test tomorrow to make sure it's a strong positive since my first BFP a few days ago was a faint result
  • Me too. I always check for blood when I go to the bathroom. US appointment can't come soon enough.
  • I too am a first time mom I'm 5w 2 days, and paranoid about every little thing !!!!
  • Me too! Having some cramping low on my left side and can't decide if I am just being sensitive, or if I should go to urgent care.
  • I'm a first time mom. I'm 6 weeks today and feeling the same way. It makes me feel better that I am not the only one. I haven't been feeling cramps this bad until last night.
  • I'm 5 weeks 2 days and starting to feel really worried my symptoms seem to be going my boobs are no where near as sore as they have been and the wind I was getting has stopped I'm still getting the odd light cramp but that's it I'm terrified something bad is going to happen why are my symptoms going is this normal ? I wish they would come back :((