December 2015 Moms
Options

Enjoying pregnancy

I've been reading a lot of these threads, especially the TMI one. I find it funny to know that we are not alone in these crazy, bizarre symptoms that comes with growing a baby. I want to know, instead of focusing on the not so fun symptoms, what are you monies to be doing to enjoy your pregnancy and look on the positive side. I keep saying I wish December was here so baby would be here, but this is my first and I don't want to rush through these moments and wait to cross the finish line. How are you switching from looking at the bad, to looking at the good???

Re: Enjoying pregnancy

• Options
    I like being pregnant now that being sick is finally gone! I had a miscarriage before this pregnancy so I have always felt very lucky to be pregnant but not lucky to be very sick lol. Now I am thinking about how it will feel to not be pregnant, and that I might miss it, so I am trying to take it all in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I like being pregnant now that being sick is finally gone! I had a miscarriage before this pregnancy so I have always felt very lucky to be pregnant but not lucky to be very sick lol. Now I am thinking about how it will feel to not be pregnant, and that I might miss it, so I am trying to take it all in.

I understand completely. I had a loss right before this pregnancy, so every time I want to gripe about something, I just remind myself that it could be worse. I'm excited to meet this little guy, but I can wait a little longer and put up with the symptoms so I can have a healthy rainbow baby.
  • Options
    grkgdss00 said:

I count my blessings and pray and thank God each day (sometimes a few times a day) for my peanut and keeping us healthy! I read a lot of threads about symptoms and issues and I seriously cannot complain - I got it good! My DH is an angel and I just feel so blessed.

Exactly how I feel, so lucky that my son is healthy and my family and SO are by my side.
    Plus I found some cute maternity dresses so I splashed and got a few
  • Options
    I feel very thankful that I have had an easy pregnancy so far. I, too, had a miscarriage so everything about this little miracle feels so sweet. And when I read about all the other symptoms that other women have that are annoying or painful, I'm very grateful that nothing has really flared up on me. My morning sickness was not bad at all and I haven't had any real aches or pains. And now I'm beginning to feel little one kick alot and I love every jab. :) So I'm definitely enjoying pregnancy and I don't try to complain when something minor hurts because I know it could be much worse.
  • Options
    I'm kind of miserable right now because I have an awful cold BUT I love when my hubby touches my belly/listens/talks to it. I love even more when my daughter refers to her little brother as "my Tucker".
  • Options
    I also love being pregnant now that the sickness is over with. It's still hard for my husband and I to wrap our heads around the fact that in 3 months we'll be parents! This whole experience has flown by so fast and there is a lot going on in my life so I regret not loving every single day of the pregnancy. I'm definitely thankful that she's healthy and everything has gone pretty smooth so far. :) Only a few more weeks, eeeek!
  • Options
    Another person who had a miscarriage right before this pregnancy. I'm sorry for you all, but it's also nice to know how common it really is. :( but we are all doing well now & in the home stretch now! I've also been really lucky with this pregnancy, mild MS & nothing really horrible so far to "complain" about. I'm mostly marveling at the whole thing, especially the movement! I love when I feel a bump or a kick, it still surprises me a little, but it always makes me smile. I wish there was a way to bottle that feeling & "replay" it later in life to remember.
  • Options
    The only thing that I like about pregnancy is feeling the baby move around. It was the same last time and the same this time.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    This is my first pregnancy and I always remind myself how blessed I am to have had such a healthy and uncomplicated pregnancy thus far as I know not everyone can say that. Aside from getting used to a growing belly and clothes not fitting any more, I honestly don't have many complaints. However, I am very anxious for December to get here already!!!
  • Options
    Daphneh28Daphneh28 member
    edited September 2015
    Definitely the baby moving. She is more alive now since week 28 than ever. And I love feeling her jolt up when her daddy comes home. It's like she is starting to realize it's a different voice and loves him. It's so sweet. She is absolutely hands down the light of my life already and I haven't even laid eyes on her. I also love feeling that I am now,finally, one more link in the chain of motherhood. I think it shows in this community how even without knowing who each other is in real life we share the same bond of loving and fiercely protecting the next generation of humanity. And to know that this, this love this passion this instinct to harbor and protect life, is what my mother and her mother and her mother before her and generations upon generations of women have felt is just breathtaking once you think about it. It's a beautiful feeling and we are all so blessed. It makes me a little sad men get to miss out on this ;)
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options
    I am enjoying our baby girl's movements. She's been moving and grooving like crazy.. Love it! Already so in love with her. I also enjoy dressing the bump
  • Options
    As much as I complain about all the new things going on, I am enjoying curves i didn't have before. I feel really sexy and maternal and pretty right now. I like all the random food people bring to work with me in mind. I like how every single stitch of clothing i wear these days is so comfortable (seriously, maternity pants? Why are these not a thing for everybody?)

And I like feeling my daughter wriggling around, even on days like today when she's eerily quiet (she has days like that so I've learned to calm down about it). I am completely geeked about making people. I feel like a superhero. Go team Uterus!
  • Options

Feeling my little girl move. She is active throughout the day (and night) but especially when my husband is talking. I find that so cute!

and

Maternity clothes. I have never been so comfy in clothes in my entire life!! :-)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Obviously, baby moving around is the best part but I enjoy how nice everyone is to me.
  • Options
    I love the confused look on DS's face when he feels baby moving. He'll be a year old in less than two weeks and it's driving home how fast the time goes. It doesn't feel like that long ago that he was the one wriggling around in there.

I'm still in love with the Itty bitty baby clothes. I look at things like the tiny little baby booties and thing of the tiny little baby feet that will go in them and just melt.

This time I'm enjoying being a STM as well. Since I've been through it before there's less fear and a lot less unsolicited advise.
  • Options
    I have to agree with the kicks.
    This pregnancy has been hard, and stressful, knowing that in less than 3 months our LO will be born, but have to fight for her life to survive, and will be going through surgery after surgery.
    But she is so active, and her kicks and movements are harder and stronger every day. She already is my little warrior, and her kicks give me hope that we will come out of this with a beautiful, strong, resilient little girl. It's almost as if when I'm worried, or dwelling on what she will endure through her life, her movements are a little nudge, saying "mama, I am going to be okay. I am strong. I will survive!" *cue music*
  • Options
    I am in love with this baby and in love with being pregnant! When it comes to health, my doctor says I am text book. I have so much family support and a fantastic husband. He loves touching my belly and is always asking if he can do things for me and what I want to eat. I only felt a little nauseaous in the begining but I would hardly say morning sickness. I am actually down 4lbs from my pre pregnancy weight and I have an adorable bump. Life is good! I am 29 weeks and assuming the rest of my pregnancy is this good, I will think I am the luckiest woman alive :)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I also hold my stomach and think about how amazing and wonderful pregnancy is @blessedwtwins!
    I love feeling LO kick, it's such a unique feeling. I'm also loving the maternal and nesting instincts that have kicked in! Yesterday I washed my second load of baby clothing/sheets/receiving blankets and it made me go mushy because they're so cute and I can't wait to meet our little girl!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I have also been enjoying watching my belly move as I move. I walk my dog most days for about 4 miles or so. I love the way my belly sashays back & forth as I walk. It's very sassy!
  • Options
    I love feeling her move! Sometimes I just lie there and enjoy all of her crazy stretches. I think I will really miss having this little buddy that I carry around with me wherever I go.... It will be hard to go back to work and leave her in daycare.

I teach 5th grade and their comments about the baby are always hilarious. Many of them are super curious about pregnancy and some of them love to sweetly talk to her. It melts my heart!
  • Options
    This thread is so nice :) was at my husband's work event the other day and his coworker started telling me how the year after having her first baby was the best and cozyest year of her life and how she loved every minute of it and it was such a good reminder, to concentrate on the good things because I tend to get pretty anxious and obsess about the scary parts, forgetting that it's going to be amazing too :)
  • Options
    Most people want to be really nice to pregnant people.  They give up their chair, or ask how you are. Take advantage of getting all that positive energy from others. 
    Also, you never have to worry about how your abs look in that shirt/dress/pants.  Your belly is just too cute.
  • Options
    I like that I have such a supportive SO that helps me chuckle about the unsavory parts. I have on two occurrences peed a little when I sneezed. He thinks its hilarious and asks me if I need to change my panties every time that I sneeze. When he sees that I have found a comfortable sleeping position, he reinforces my every nook and cranny with pillows and blankets. Whenever I do try and do something for myself that he would normally do for me he pouts and tells me to tell him when I need help. At work, he knows that I am constantly on my feet and catering to others, so at home, he wants me to be completely and utterly doted upon. I could not imagine doing this without him. :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love not feeling alone. I talk to my baby, rub my stomach, read to him, and day dream about him all day long.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Whovian84Whovian84 member
    edited October 2015
    As shitty as I feel every day, I focus on the fact that absolutely nothing has been wrong with this child (after a history of 3 miscarriages) and I'm so full of gratitude for that. 

Also, how is it possible to have such wonderfully thick hair while my leg and armpit hair have basically stopped growing?!? It's a glorious side effect.

Also also: people give me food all the time!
  • Options
    After several losses--included a late term--I feel very fortunate to have made it to 32 weeks. I've had HG, thrown up literally every day since week 7, migraines like you wouldn't believe, depression and panic attacks like crazy because I can't take my normal medication, am high risk due to a cord abnormality, multiple UTI's and YI's, and three PTL scares in one week (30w along) but still hanging in there! Obviously my pregnancy has been incredibly difficult (I'm a FTM) but I know there are women out there who have struggled and are struggling much more than I am. It keeps things in perspective and makes me feel fortunate at the end of the day even if at the moment I feel like I just am going to lose my mind.
    I love that my DH was ok with me just walking into work one morning @ 12w and straight out quitting after the HG became too much and we found out about the high risk condition. He's also allowed me to literally buy anything I wanted for this little one and never complains about my spending. He even bought me a brand new Samsung washer (with the built in sink!) and dryer last week so I could wash all our baby girl's clothes in brand new appliances.
    What takes the cake is when he talks to my belly. He always lifts my shirt, gets right next to my belly and starts out "hello baby Ari, this is your daddy speaking...." and then proceeds to tell her how excited we are to meet her, how much we love her already and other little cute things that just make me melt. DH is an airplane mechanic/diesel mechanic/shop manager and seeing this softer side of him has truly made me love him in a way I never knew existed. I've been able to feel her every day (mostly all night), and DH only gets to occasionally, so even though I can't wait to meet my little girl, I'm more excited for DH to hold her for the first time.
    He told me the other day he never knew he could love someone so much he had never even seen or met but that's how he felt. It makes the difficulties of this pregnancy completely worth it.
  • Options
    @ketobaby I 100% agree. My husband always asks me what it feels like. I always tell him I love not feeling alone! And that I can carry my little nugget around all day with me. Her kicks and rolls through out the day constantly remind me of how lucky I am. I work a long frustrating job 6 days a week on my feet. And she is a constant reminder of what is really important!