1st Trimester

Fibroids! Sex! Bleeding!

Does anyone have fibroids and bled after sexual intercourse? It happened to me a week ago and went to the ER, they said the baby was fine and i was.... Now today i had a little pain a few hours after sex and i bled again. Today its a little more blood than before. Im a little afraid this can lead to me having a miscarriage!

Re: Fibroids! Sex! Bleeding!

• I just found out today I have a uterine fibroid and I am spotting today but only because they did my pap. Doc said that it would happen and is normal.. However fibroids can sometimes lead to miscarriage or preterm labor, etc. my baby implanted on the opposite side of my fibroid so he isn't too concerned. Have you seen an OB yet? If I were you I would hold off on sex if you can until you see an actual OB doctor who can better guide you. But that's just me and I can be overly paranoid. Fibroids are very common though so try not to worry much. Best of luck.
  • Thank you.... Yes i go to my ob next week... When i had an ultrasound at the ER they said everything was fine but this only happens when i have sex. So i will be stopping and let my ob give me orders on what and what not to do. Because its making me very emotional to know i could possibly be threatening a miscarriage. Thanks alot and wish you the best of luck also kp90
  • Loading the player...
  • jarell10 said:

Does anyone have fibroids and bled after sexual intercourse? It happened to me a week ago and went to the ER, they said the baby was fine and i was.... Now today i had a little pain a few hours after sex and i bled again. Today its a little more blood than before. Im a little afraid this can lead to me having a miscarriage!

It is unlikely to cause miscarriage, but talk to your provider. Odds are if you are consistently bleeding after sex then you might avoid any vaginal penetration until you can get checked out.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I have the same issue. Last time that I had sex, I bled during intercourse and a little After. I have stopped for a few weeks just until I know that the baby is safe, even though I've read that inter course shouldn't hurt the baby, I'm still being cautious.
  • Don't hate me...

But the title of this thread reminded me of...

~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020