2nd Trimester

Did you try the baking soda gender test, and was it right?

Hey Ladies!

Just wanted to see if anyone tried the baking soda test for gender, and if so, how accurate it was. Once you had your ultra sound, was the baking soda test right or wrong?

My ultra sound is a few weeks away, I'm just getting impatient :)

Thanks!

Re: Did you try the baking soda gender test, and was it right?

• There's a thread exactly like this just a few threads down. But no peeing on anything isn't going to correctly guess your child's sex.
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Loading the player...
  • Actually me and a couple pregnant friends did try this for fun, it didn't fizz for me, which is supposed to indicate girl, we ARE having another girl- However one friend just had her girl not too long ago and she said it fizzed for her.

I wouldn't put any stock in any of these OWT's but they are fun if you think of it like a game. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Actually me and a couple pregnant friends did try this for fun, it didn't fizz for me, which is supposed to indicate girl, we ARE having another girl- However one friend just had her girl not too long ago and she said it fizzed for her.

I wouldn't put any stock in any of these OWT's but they are fun if you think of it like a game. 
    I've only heard of this here. So if it doesn't fizz, girl. If it does fizz, boy? Those are the only options? So my non-pregnant self could pee on baking soda and it would either fizz or not fizz? So it would tell me (based on my non-pregnant urine) only whether I was pregnant with a girl ... Even though I'm not pregnant? That should tell you right there that it doesn't work.
  • nlwz123nlwz123 member
    edited September 2015
    wallberry said:
    People can be mean and nasty on here! Yikes! I tried the baking soda test FOR FUN and it changes each time you try it. So it doesn't work but it's fun to try!
    They aren't being mean.  The "test" (if that's even what you'd want to call it) isn't credible.  If you actually did this multiple times and it kept yielding different answers, I personally don't see how that's fun.  That would be like me saying, if you pull apart an oreo and the cream is stuck to the right side, it's a boy!  Then every time I do this the cream keeps switching sides so obviously it doesn't work.  I don't get it.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Nope, I still think people can be nasty on here, but that's just me :)
  • soxfan9968soxfan9968 member
    edited September 2015
    I think you need to stop pointing fingers. It's not very nice.

Eta: pot, it's kettle...

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Thanks for all of the kind words and advice!
  • Same answers as the previous thread:

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12630528/baking-soda-gender-test#latest

It works about the same as pulling petals off a flower and saying, "he loves me, he loves me not."

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• This thread has been closed to new posts due to the discussion’s shift to an unwelcoming tone. Creating threads in direct response to this one will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"