Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

5:15 bedtime for 16 month old?

My baby just started daycare twice a week! She comes home so tired and fussy. Her normal bedtime was 7:30 but now it's a struggle to even keep her up until 6! She went to bed at 5:15 tonight. What time does your toddler go to bed if they are in daycare?

Re: 5:15 bedtime for 16 month old?

• Options

At 16 months old my son was going to bed around 7.

If your LO just started daycare then maybe give her time to adjust and perhaps this will be a short lived phase.

• Options
    My 16 month old is in daycare and won't go to bed before 8:30P.  She used to stay up until 9P but I have gradually been moving it back.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    krae771krae771 member
    edited August 2015
    Mine is 22 months old but has been on the same approximate schedule for the past year--- 7:30 PM to 6-6:30 AM.   He takes a 1.5 hour nap at daycare typically.  On the weekends, he doesn't usually sleep in but will sometimes take a longer nap in the afternoon.
  • Options
    The 4 days she is home all day, she is usually in bed between 7-7:30. On her 3 day care days, she sometimes ends up in bed at 6 pm because their days are so packed.

At first, she wanted to crash as soon as she got home. It took a month or so for things to even themselves out.
  • Options
    My son is 13.5 months, he goes to daycare five days a week. Bedtime is between 7-7:30, wake up is 6:00... But he's still taking two 1.5-2 hour naps during the day
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Can she take like a shorter nap as soon as she gets home (maybe 5-530) and go to bed at like 8?
  • Options
    ashdawn24ashdawn24 member
    edited September 2015
    My daughter consistent went to bed a 6 and sometimes earlier if she needed it until about 17 months. If your daughter is that tired and sleeps all through the night, I say let her sleep! If it is interrupting her nighttime sleep, I would suggest moving nap time up (from 12-1, or something like that), so that she will hopefully sleep later and therefore go to bed later.
  • Options
    Maybe she's not napping at school?
  • Options
    What time is she getting up? As long as she is getting about 12-14 hours of sleep total in a 24 hour period, then I wouldn't worry about it. My daughter usually sleeps about 12 hours at night and then takes one 2 hour nap in the afternoon. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What is your LO's sleep schedule during the day? Wake-up? Naps at daycare?