June 2015 Moms
Options

Twin check in 9/22

Howdy twin mommas! I love checking in with you ladies. It's that time again!

1. How old are your beautiful babies now?
2. Any new milestones? What's your favorite so far?
3. If they have siblings, how are they doing? No siblings yet? Do you plan on having any more?
4. How much are your babies eating now? When are you going to introduce rice cereal or oatmeal?
5. How are they sleeping at night?
6. Any questions or celebrations for the group?
7. What's the favorite gif/picture you've found online about having twins? Feel free to post more than 1!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Twin check in 9/22

• Options
    My beautiful girls will be 16 weeks tomorrow! Time is flying by.

2. Any new milestones? What's your favorite so far? They're really starting to giggle vs just smiling. I love it! They sit up on the couch unassisted for a while before they tip over. By far my favorite is their smiles and giggles. They just light up my day!

3. If they have siblings, how are they doing? No siblings yet? Do you plan on having any more? Our ds just turned 3 at the beginning of the month. He has his jealous moments, but he's a huge help. He loves hugging and kissing them. He helps with diaper changes and helps dad bottle feed. He grabs things for us when we're tied up. He's such a proud big brother who adores his sisters! We had only planned on 2 kids, and now we have 3. We wouldn't change it for the world, but we are definitely done!

4. How much are your babies eating now? When are you going to introduce rice cereal or oatmeal? They still breastfeed whenever I'm home with them. But my husband gives them 4 ounces of pumped milk when I'm at work. They eat about every 3-4 hours. We plan on starting cereal after their 4 month appointment as long as doc says to start. Then 6 months for baby food.

5. How are they sleeping at night? When I went back to work it was rough. They quit sleeping through the night. But now they're starting to get back on track. Most nights they sleep a 6-7 hour stretch followed by another 4 hour stretch. Last night they did a 10 hour stretch. They were up for 2 hours, then took another 2 hour nap. Sleepy girls today.

6. Any questions or celebrations for the group? Makenzie has definitely found her feet. She's playing with them all the time. She tries to eat them, but hasn't quite got them into her mouth. Harper could care less about her feet. So she either hasn't found them, or she just enjoys kicking them rather than playing with them.
    7. What's the favorite gif/picture you've found online about having twins?

• Options
    4 months 1 week
    Maddie is cutting a tooth! She has a little white cap coming through. She's so cranky and covered in drool too lol.
    3. If they have siblings, how are they doing? No siblings yet? Do you plan on having any more?
    No siblings just 2 dogs. Now that we are getting our sleep again I wouldn't say having more is out of the question. 2 months ago we swore we were never having another! It's weird, twins run in my family and I think if we were to have more I would want twins again. Am I crazy?!
    Ps. My aunt has 2 sets of twin boys! Eek!
    4. How much are your babies eating now? When are you going to introduce rice cereal or oatmeal?
    4-6 ounces of formula. We introduced cereal about a week ago. (Our pediatrican recommends starting at 4 mo.) Charlie gets it and Maddie is still trying to figure it out. It's so cute feeding them cereal when they open their mouths for you and smile after you put it in!
    I feel so lucky because they sleep 9-12 hours a night then typically go back to bed for 2 more hours after that.

7. What's the favorite gif/picture you've found online about having twins? Feel free to post more than 1!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    19 weeks in 3 days!
    Aria can roll from back to front... But neither can go from front to back yet. They reallyyyy despise tummy time
    No siblings. I would love to have another (once these two are potty trained!) but hubby needs some convincing
    4-6 ounces of formula. We're going to introduce cereal and oatmeal at 5 months. Then veggies at 6
    Usually an 8hr stretch, then feed, then a 4-5hr stretch
    We got our 4 month shots yesterday. They did great and were being super adorable for all the nurses! Seriously only my kids would smile and laugh while having their rectal temp checked.
    First off, @jjvanwagner25 I seriously LOVED the Katniss pic! Hahahah
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Twin mommies, come out and play! :)

• Options
    I'm here, I'm here!!

1. The girls turned 15 weeks Monday. I think. I just say 3 months haha.

2. They can both roll from tummy to back and Hannah is super close to rolling from back to front. They both smile and giggle like crazy and are finally laughing when tickled!

3. Our first is 2 and is so great! She's so helpful and says I love you to them all the time. I've noticed her mimicking me and playing with them to make them smile. She says "shh shh shh" when they're crying beside her in the car. She's a little sick of the crying though, I noticed her plugging her ears today.

4. We will probably start feeding them sometime in November. I'm excited that they can join us for Christmas dinner!

5. Sleeping is....a struggle. They sleep from 6:30 pm to midnight just great! But after that they're up a lot fussing. I just can't wait until they can hold their own bottles. I think it will be easier if they are finishing a bottle. Ugh, I don't know. I'm so sleep deprived I can't think about it haha.

6. We are celebrating all of their milestones and making it out alive! I love my girls and everyday is a fun, exciting adventure.
  • Options
    1. How old are your beautiful babies now? 16 weeks
    2. Any new milestones? What's your favorite so far? Talking a lot!! Rolling on tummy in crib
    3. If they have siblings, how are they doing? No siblings yet? Do you plan on having any more? Yes! We want to have one more!
    4. How much are your babies eating now? When are you going to introduce rice cereal or oatmeal? Anywhere from 4-6oz formula fed. We introduced oatmeal 2 weeks ago. They get it once a day by spoon
    5. How are they sleeping at night? Actually not bad! They go to bed between 9-10 pm and wake up once and then wake up between 6-7am
  • Options
    @423ang where are you?

• Options
  • Options

16 weeks

Both babes can sit in the Bumbo seat. They are small, so I think the back of the seat supports their neck a little. They look so proud to be sitting up like the big people. I love the giggles that come pretty frequently.

No siblings, and probably won't have any. I'm old. (36! Ha! I don't feel old, but the docs liked to point out the advanced maternal age.)

Our 4 month appointment is on oct 13, and the doc wants us to start rice cereal the week before that. So, soon!

Babes eat breast milk from bottles, and they usually eat 4 oz per feeding. But not at every feeding, so daily it's 20-24 oz each.

I feel SO lucky. They can be fussy during the day, but they sleep well at night. They go down at around 7:00, we dream feed at 10:30, then they sleep til at least 4:30. Usually 5:30. Somehow, though, they know what weekends are and they sleep til 7:30!!

I'm seriously nervous about the 4 month sleep regression. Haven't hit it yet, so I'm crossing my fingers it isn't as bad for us as some people say.

I don't know how to post gifs, but I'm digging the ones you ladies posted.