Rhode Island Babies

Which hospital?

Hello,

We are trying to decide on what hospital to deliver in.  At my first OB appointment, we had to fill out paperwork for the hospital we wanted to deliver in.  We kind of weren't prepared to answer that kind of question.  So I asked the nurse.  She said she likes Kent and that Women and Infants is like a baby factory.  We also were told that at Kent you get your own private room and that you get more attention for you and baby.  So we decided to go with Kent.  I, myself,  know that women and infants hospital is the best hospital, but just wanted to know what everyone elses opinions were on either Kent or Women and Infants.

Your advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your help.

Re: Which hospital?

• I wouldn't have a child anywhere aside from Women & Infants...if anything goes wrong at any other hospital, they will be sending you/the baby to W&I...and they can't transfer until you/the baby are stable...so why not already be there?  I know that my cousin had a private room at W&I.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I believe that all that they have at W & I are private rooms now.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am going to W&I. I had selected my OBGYN first because she was highly reccommended, but also due to her doing her deliverys at W&I.

One of my best friends just delivered there and she had a private room. It was great! I was there the first night the baby was born and the nurses were all very nice and attentive. The only thing she said that she would of changed is that she had to ask them for Motrin after delivery... she did not realize it was something you needed to ask for... they just do not drug you up unless you need it. But besides that she LOVED it. And a lot of her girlfriends delivered there too.

They also have a warm line that you can call with questions before and after the baby is delivered/home. She used it tons! 

• I will be going to W&I and never considered any other hospital.  I know several people who have given birth there within the past 2 years and they have all hea dprivate rooms and the staff have been very attentive and nurturing.  I also agree with what the PP said about being transferred there anyway should something go wrong.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"