November 2015 Moms

Eclipse

NovvbabyNovvbaby member
edited September 2015 in November 2015 Moms
I search and didn't find anything on this topic .
So have you ladies heard about the eclipse while pregnant, that if you look at the eclipse baby will be born deformed. I googled it and there's no scientific truth that can prove that but I was just wondering what you ladies think about it do you believe it?

Re: Eclipse

• No, do not believe. :-h
  • Loading the player...
  • It's an ancient Aztec superstition. They believed that the eclipse was a bite to the face to the moon. So not necessarily that ur baby would be deformed but born with a cleft lip. From their superstition u are supposed to wear red over your belly and a safety clip on your underwear during the eclipse to keep baby safe. Not something I believe in but my grandmas almost had a heart attack yesterday when I didn't have red on that morning or a safety pin so yes they made me change and put a safety pin on my underwear lol my fiancé said might as well it doesn't hurt and he never gives in to that type of stuff. He said "the Aztecs knew more about that stuff" idk it was kind of silly to me but my grandmas were very worried that baby would be born with a cleft lip if I didn't follow their instructions.
  • I don't believe in it but my mom chases me around with a safety pin everytime she sees me. \:D/
  • Ha! Worse mistake ever mentioning to my mom I was having some discomfort last night. Now I'm getting the "you see I told you the eclipse does something" talk. Great.
  • I'm extremely dissapointed in this post! Saying anything other than it was amazing!! Loved that I got to share the moment with both my boys and DH!
    image BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Well I guess it's a damn good thing I missed it then :((
  • NovvbabyNovvbaby member
    edited September 2015
    Why do you even bother commenting if you simply don't like a question then why click on this topic @snlyon0614
  • In any point did I say she was deformed thank you very much
  • By the way thank you to all you ladies on letting me know what you think about it, I really wanted to know how others feel my parents actually believe it non of my family have any deform ability though.
  • It's a old wives tale. I don't believe it but I do follow it. I'm prego and if it's a full moon or eclipse I don't look at it, I'm suppose to even put a safety pin with a key attached pin it to my underwear.
    edited September 2015
    I don't believe it either and I follow it to and last night I stayed inside I didn't want to look at it. And thank you for your input!
  • Novvbaby said:

Why do you even bother commenting if you simply don't like a question then why click on this topic @snlyon0614

Why click on this topic? Because its very incredibly non assuming and simply vague title; Eclipse.
    I think anytime one unnecessarily and without warning brings up the word "deformed" and "baby", it's going to stir something for somebody. Good for you no one has a deformity in your family, it might be a concern for others.
    Anyway that's her opinion, I think maybe she'd never heard of this superstition. I've never either. I'm not one to buy into superstitions usually, although it's interesting to me to read where they originated.
    I also find it interesting when our parents/grandparents/ect. still act on old beliefs like that. There's a few weird and random Cuban customs I play along with although I don't believe in the reprucussions. It's usually a cultural thing and I like that.
  • It's an ancient Aztec superstition. They believed that the eclipse was a bite to the face to the moon. So not necessarily that ur baby would be deformed but born with a cleft lip. From their superstition u are supposed to wear red over your belly and a safety clip on your underwear during the eclipse to keep baby safe. Not something I believe in but my grandmas almost had a heart attack yesterday when I didn't have red on that morning or a safety pin so yes they made me change and put a safety pin on my underwear lol my fiancé said might as well it doesn't hurt and he never gives in to that type of stuff. He said "the Aztecs knew more about that stuff" idk it was kind of silly to me but my grandmas were very worried that baby would be born with a cleft lip if I didn't follow their instructions.

I didn't wear red over my belly, but it feels like I have a safety clip pinned to my cervix at times with all of the pinching feelings going on right now, does that count? ;)
  • Lol, wut.

I tried to stay up late enough to catch the eclipse, but I fell asleep! I'm sure it was awesome, though!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    edited September 2015
    What the hell yall ladies are getting this twisted there's nothing that I want to hear just to make me feel good I wanted to hear what others think not what I want to hear , I can care less if your don't agree that's the point we don't all agree we all have different opinions and no one is either right or wrong if she has the right to write what she wants then I can to no one is better than anyone else. I've seen this thread while I was lurking on the October thread and wanted to see what the moms of a different month thought . That's all , like I read there's no scientific Proven that to be truth.
  • I did post I wanted to hear what other ladies thought , And if i didn't want that than I wouldn't need to to tell me if this is for me or not I can decide that on my own thank you much. And again we all have different opinions respect mines and I respect yours simply as that!
  • How funny there's people out there actually had something reasonable to say.
    edited September 2015
    @BumpAdmin please close this thread people are very sensitive all I wanted was to see others opinions !
  • And you got others opinions! Mostly that it was a ridiculous superstition!

I completely snorted at your original post and shook my head when I read it.
    edited September 2015
    Okay that's your opinion !
  • I don't agree with some of you here but it's okay it's always interesting to know how others feel .
  • This thread has been closed to new posts due to the discussion’s shift to an unwelcoming tone. Creating threads in direct response to this one will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"