February 2016 Moms
Options

baby daddy probs

2»

Re: baby daddy probs

• Options
    cMichelle0423cMichelle0423 member
    edited September 2015
    I find it hard to give advice in posts like this when I feel like we're not getting the full truth. Now I'm caught up in thinking that if this is the "lifestyle" that your ex has, what lifestyle do you have that would even bring you two together in the first place? Also as shitty as it is that he tricked you into unprotected sex, there's always a chance of getting pregnant when you're having sex. Ugh I don't know what else to say. A part of me feels like this is either weird MUD, or OP is twisting the truth to make us think this guy is a crappy person. The whole condom and the drug thing should have been at least mentioned in the original post. The fact that it came well after her getting criticized for trying to keep the father out of baby's life makes me feel like some of this is very questionable.... Hmmm.
  • Options
    Dear OP, Work together to sort out what's best for all then document it with a lawyer and the court. But above all else, no matter what happens for the next 30 years, do not ever let your child see disdain or hate towards the father. Vow to work together and to always be able to be cordial and in the same room together for your child's milestones and on regular days too.

Love, the child of a miserable, contentious divorce whose parents can't be in the same zip code without screaming at each other.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I find it hard to give advice in posts like this when I feel like we're not getting the full truth. Now I'm caught up in thinking that if this is the "lifestyle" that your ex has, what lifestyle do you have that would even bring you two together in the first place? Also as shitty as it is that he tricked you into unprotected sex, there's always a chance of getting pregnant when you're having sex. Ugh I don't know what else to say.

A part of me feels like this is either weird MUD, or OP is twisting the truth to make us think this guy is a crappy person.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS EXACTLY^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The whole condom and the drug thing should have been at least mentioned in the original post. The fact that it came well after her getting criticized for trying to keep the father out of baby's life makes me feel like some of this is very questionable.... Hmmm.

As I can't highlight the part I want....I'm having to make it as I go...
    I've been feeling like this entire thread is MUD or we are just getting a twisted story.

There's nothing I can say to it except I wish the OP luck in it all.
  • Options
    What state are you from? I live in Arizona and we deal with child custody issues all the time. Our state is very different it sounds than most. If a child is born in Arizona to an unwed mother and she does not list the father on the birth certificate, then the father has no parental rights. That's right, zero. He must then get a lawyer, establish paternity first, then he has to petition to obtain rights... When we show up to child custody issues the first thing we ask is, were you married when the baby was born and was the baby born in Arizona. And if the parents have a verbal agreement on custody without the courts being involved without custody paperwork and the mother decides she no longer wants to go by their no court involved agreement we explain to the dad he has to let the child go with mom and tell him to go petition to obtain rights. Craziness, but I guess what I'm saying is find out what your state's specific laws are.