Success after IF
Options

Success with retrograde ejaculation?

Hello, I hope this is the right place to post. I posted over on TTGP but I thought I might have more luck finding someone who has a success story over here. My DH has retrograde ejaculation, which was diagnosed kind of by accident a couple years ago when he was being seen for something unrelated. It wasn't a concern at the time since we weren't thinking about TTC. I know this sounds dumb but it seems it doesn't happen all the time, so I never even realized it was happening until we found out there was sperm in his urine. 

Anyway, now we are TTC, so I'm wondering if anyone has had success and by what method. He is going to be seeing a urologist so we can get more information, but in the mean time I am driving myself crazy wondering if this is ever going to happen for us. 

Thank you!

DS: June 2008
Married: July 2015
BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17

Re: Success with retrograde ejaculation?

• Options
    @sldp123 What does retrograde ejaculation mean? I wish I could be more help, we were diagnosed with male factor infertility my husband doesn't produce enough sperm to even try IUI so we automatically went with IVF after trying for 10 years on our own, I wish you the best of luck!! XoXo
  • Options
    @kmartinez209 it occurs when the semen goes backwards, up into the bladder instead of out. It doesn't happen all of the time, but I do think it is almost always during BD. I have read though that there is still a chance of getting pregnant spontaneously, although I really wonder how much of a chance there could be. But we are still trying on our own through this year, then will see someone in January if no luck before then. Thank you!

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17