August 2015 Moms

Ladies with PPD

How are you guys doing? How do you feel?

I feel horrible still. My body is achey. It hurts. I'm stopping my prozac since I get nausea, headaches and diarrhea. I've only taken it for 5 days. I'm waiting for a call back to see which med she will switch me too.

Re: Ladies with PPD

• Feeling like a shit mother
  • Me too. I can barely eat, get up, breath, its so hard.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry you ladies are going through a hard time, *hugs*
  • Huge hugs ladies. Hope your dr can find the right medicine.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • srm1987 said:

I don't know if it's PPD or just normal feelings at this point, LO is a month old and when he cries (which he has been doing a lot the past few days) I feel almost angry when I know his diaper is dry, he just ate, I can't figure out what's wrong with him and it makes me feel like a shitty mom. I can't even figure out why he's crying or what to do to help him. Plus I feel like I'm not producing enough milk, so I haven't been pumping and I go back to work on the 5th. I feel like he won't have enough to eat while I'm at work.....just horrible. I knew it would be tough, with little sleep and he'd be fussy and crying cause that's all he can do to "talk" but I did not think it would be this hard. Aren't mothering instincts supposed to be around and I should know why he's crying or be able to figure out how to soothe him??

I go through this too. I even go through it with DD who is 1 1/2. Lately it's been extra hard because she is going into the terrible twos and has developed this attitude that just grates on my last nerve, then DS will start crying. I know he's dry and fed and it gets so overwhelming. During the day, DD goes to daycare and DS will cry and be inconsolable and it is awful. I've been feeling like a total shit mom lately but I know that it will be over soon. Some days I feel like I cry nearly as often as DS does.

It will get better and then we will miss the days when our LOs couldn't say NO to everything you say (DDs new favorite past time).

• Hope you feel better soon! *hugs*
  • Sending lots of love to you ladies ❤️
  • Glad you went to the website. Thank you all for the well wishes.

I've tried two different meds and had horrible side affects with both so I stopped them. Right now dh took 6 weeks off work to do night feeding. One of the side effects of the last med was insomnia. I haven't slept not even a wink. I'm just waiting for it to get rid of my system until I can sleep again. Tired of taking meds.
  • My PPD finally let up after about 4 weeks, so I'm doing a little better everyday. You can do it ladies! We will make it!
  • My LO is staying with his grandparents for two weeks. I am back at work, so that helps. I feel slightly guilty that I don't have my child at home with me, but I know to take the help when it is available. He comes home on Friday when I get back from an overnight work trip. I think meds are helping. It would be great if I could make myself catch up on housework while there is no baby here. :-<
  • Hi all! I haven't posted much here but have been lurking since June. I had my LO mid August and the first two weeks were pure hell with slow recovery and failure to BF. I had terrible anxiety and just couldn't shake the feeling that this was all a huge mistake. I then started feeling better and thought that had just been hormones playing havoc. LO is now six weeks old and my husband went back to work on Monday. He has been very supportive but can't do any night feedings due to an illness that makes him need to sleep full nights. So on Monday my anxiety returned. I have been a crying mess for three days. Coincidentally LO has been showing symptoms of acid reflux for the past week, crying and making me fervently wish for an "undo" button that would take me back a year. I'm seeing someone on Friday to talk about this, but I'm not sure if I should also go see a doctor and ask for meds. I've never felt like this before in my life and it's really scary.
  • pohj111 said:

Hi all! I haven't posted much here but have been lurking since June. I had my LO mid August and the first two weeks were pure hell with slow recovery and failure to BF. I had terrible anxiety and just couldn't shake the feeling that this was all a huge mistake. I then started feeling better and thought that had just been hormones playing havoc. LO is now six weeks old and my husband went back to work on Monday. He has been very supportive but can't do any night feedings due to an illness that makes him need to sleep full nights. So on Monday my anxiety returned. I have been a crying mess for three days. Coincidentally LO has been showing symptoms of acid reflux for the past week, crying and making me fervently wish for an "undo" button that would take me back a year. I'm seeing someone on Friday to talk about this, but I'm not sure if I should also go see a doctor and ask for meds. I've never felt like this before in my life and it's really scary.

Go talk to a dr ASAP. Everything will be ok.
  • pohj111 said:

Hi all! I haven't posted much here but have been lurking since June. I had my LO mid August and the first two weeks were pure hell with slow recovery and failure to BF. I had terrible anxiety and just couldn't shake the feeling that this was all a huge mistake. I then started feeling better and thought that had just been hormones playing havoc. LO is now six weeks old and my husband went back to work on Monday. He has been very supportive but can't do any night feedings due to an illness that makes him need to sleep full nights. So on Monday my anxiety returned. I have been a crying mess for three days. Coincidentally LO has been showing symptoms of acid reflux for the past week, crying and making me fervently wish for an "undo" button that would take me back a year. I'm seeing someone on Friday to talk about this, but I'm not sure if I should also go see a doctor and ask for meds. I've never felt like this before in my life and it's really scary.

I promise it will get better. I wished I had that undo button with my first baby. Are you seeing a counsellor on Friday? See what they say, they should be able to assess whether you should see a doctor as well, but it can't hurt to talk to your dr too. I haven't got time to type a full response now but pls PM me here or on FB if you need an ear.

• pohj111 said:

Its a different feeling for sure. Deffinetly talk to somebody and see if you need meds or if its just the stress and frustration and lack of sleep getting to you. I stopped taking meds because all would give me horrible side effects. Since my dh takes on nights (he gets off from work at 12am so he's a night owl) I've been sleeping and I finally feel better. See if maybe family or a trusted friend can take care of your lo for one night at least. Ppd is horrible its makes things so much harder.
  • Thank you guys so much. I'm seeing a counsellor on Friday and also managed to get an appointment with a doctor on Friday, though since they squeezed me in, it's with someone I haven't seen before. My husband also decided we needed to try something more radical with regards to sleep. So he went to bed at 7pm last night so as to get up at 3-4am to take over the baby from then on. So I got 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep and he got to experience how hard those hours are (LO doesn't really sleep soundly then). I am trying to take it day by day. You all take care too!