January 2016 Moms
Options

Sweet tooth anyone??

Throughout my pregnancy I've developed a terrible sweet tooth, candy and popsicles are literally my only cravings! Just wondering if anyone else has increased cravings for candy. Also, has anyone developed extremely itchy skin, especially the scalp? Mine has been awful, and I don't have dry skin. I've switched body washes, shampoos, etc with no relief. Wondering if that is a normal symptom in pregnancy.

Re: Sweet tooth anyone??

• Options
    I have a bit of a sweet tooth now. But in terms of the itchy scalp I've had that quite a bit. I bought some argan oil and massage a tiny bit into my scalp and that seems to help but I would think coconut or olive oil will work too. Honestly the cheaper the shampoo the worse it is. I fork out a few extra dollars to feel better.
  • Options
    Huge sweet tooth over here! For me... It's COOKIES! Haha.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought a 24 pack of Tollhouse cookie dough. I didn't count how many cookies I ate, but my husband later informed me there were only 14 left
  • Options
    Yes to the sweet tooth. I RARELY eat any sugar in my non-pregnant world so I can't figure out why I'm craving pie, cake, cookies and yummy breads! I definitely am not giving in to every craving I have and I make my hubs share it with me to alleviate my guilt!
  • Options
    Cookies!!!! Early in pregnancy I couldn't stand sugar at all, which is terrible because I'm a pastry chef.. But now, it's cookies and ice cream! All day, every day it seems
  • Options
    Glad to know I'm not alone! I'm not typically a sugar eater..but I really want something sweet more often now..usually not much, a few sweet tarts or part of a candy bar is satisfying..it's just strange because I very rarely would eat candy prior to being pregnant.
  • Options
    I didn't typically eat sweets before and had big aversions to anything sugary in the first trimester. Now, I can eat chocolate cake and cake batter ice cream every day. I even had a doughnut yesterday! I don't even like doughnuts!
  • Options
    I couldn't eat anything sweet for the first 20 weeks and now I can't stay away! I've gotten in the habit of freezing sweet things so I'm not tempted to eat more than one thing I've defrosted at a time. But I can't stop drinking chocolate!
  • Options
    I've always had a terrible sweet tooth! Pregnancy has made it worse. I could live off of cookies!
  • Options
    Babies turned us into cookie monsters :(
  • Options
    Babies did totally turn us into cookie monsters! I made pumpkin snicker doodles last week. I honestly ate about 20 over the course of 5 days. Thank god they were healthier then the average cookie. But they were still cookies....
  • Options
    Definitely! Cookies, cake, and for some reason rice pudding with jam for me. 

I've been buying the Tollhouse cookie dough too, I try to bake just make a small few at a time so I'm not as likely to eat a whole dozen in one sitting. 
  • Options
    This is so funny! I had to make a batch of peanut butter cookies yesterday, they were delicious...and so worth it. I've been freezing candy bars and other things too so I'm not completely chowing down haha.
  • Options
    I can't get enough sweets and baked goods. Give me all of the donuts!
  • Options
    Spoonfuls of nutella on the daily...
  • Options
    I gave up sweet drinks probably like 15 years ago and then diet drinks maybe 3 years ago, and have never missed them since, until now! I want all the juice!!! Lemonade and peach nectar and orange mango, oh my. I just can't get enough and I know they are stupid empty calories, but I NEED my juice!
  • Options
    My sweet tooth cravings are in full swing for sure! For the most part I TRY (operative word) to restrain myself. My favorites have been:
    Lemon Drops
    Rice Krispies
    Ice Cream...all the Ice Cream
    and 
    Dove promises chocolate

Of course fall brings with it everything pumpkin and apple, so I am looking forward to making caramel apples with my children and we've had some pumpkin bread already :)
    I am also refusing to buy any Halloween candy early; that's just dangerous!
  • Options
    Beyond a sweet tooth! But ya know what is a horrible idea, making a package of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls while home alone! I have just consumed about half of the rolls and there is no one here to yell at me to stop!!! Yikes!!! #-o
  • Options
    I rarely had sweet pre-pregnancy, but especially in the last month or two I've had crazy cravings. Tiramisu (really any kind of cake), ice cream, brownies, freaking candy corn (why??), and on and on.
  • Options
    Ugh I've become ridiculous with the sweets. I didn't have this problem with my other two pregnancies, in fact, I didn't really want sweet things until the very end! Now I give myself horrible indigestion and intestinal issues bc I eat a lot of candy and junk. During the week I'm good about eating healthy but as soon as I'm home from work or off on the weekend I'm crazy!!! Today I've spent a lot of time sitting on the toilet (sorry tmi!) paying for my foolishness!!!
  • Options
    We just ordered insomnia cookies! That's right, warm made-to-order cookies delivered to my door. Life doesn't get much better.
  • Options
    I can so agree, I always been more savoury and I don't really like cake but this pregnancy, cake, cake and more cake please!! I just love the cake!!!
  • Options
    Ive always had a sweet tooth but never really had an appetite before I got pregnant and now I'm just a fat kid :)
  • Options
    Ive always had a sweet tooth and its become worse the past month and a half. With halloween candy in stores I find myself buying mini mars bars thinking I can just have one to stop the craving... 10 empty wrappers later...
  • Options
    I just destroyed a big bag of peanut M&M's.
  • Options
    Oh yea sweets. I always have a sweet tooth but it's all I want now. Ice cream is my current favorite, and my baby girl loves it too. I always have kicks once I start munching on ice cream!
  • Options
    emzie54 said:

We just ordered insomnia cookies! That's right, warm made-to-order cookies delivered to my door. Life doesn't get much better.

That's a thing?!?!?
    Where has this been all of my life -drools-
  • Options
    bmclaireybmclairey member
    edited October 2015
    I'm kind of even-Steven between sweet and savoury atm BUT I can totally relate to itchy skin- some days my scalp plays up but I just get it all over. Pretty sure it's a sensitivity to soap thing so I've been using baby soap and then when I put bio oil on my belly I add some of that to where ever else itches (arms back/shoulders are usually my worst). It's mostly been helping but some days just doesn't. It's not nice. Hope you find some relief!
  • Options
    Sonic has a triple chocolate master blast. Chocolate ice cream with mini chocolate chips and brownies bits. topped with whipped cream and fudge of course!! SO YUMMY!
  • Options
    I'm craving skittles and Swedish fish all the time! I am not a big sweets person to begin with, but omgoodness I can't stop thinking about sweets.
  • Options
    I ate 2 packages of Halloween Oreos in one month #NoShame