June 2015 Moms
Options

Rolling over at 3 months

Any of your littles rolling over yet? My guy is 14 weeks and started rolling over last week. It's kind of scary and night when I find him on his tummy in his crib.

Re: Rolling over at 3 months

• Options
    My LO is 15 weeks and started rolling back to belly independently about a week ago. She can't go belly to back yet and she will only tolerate being on her belly for a while so she always let's us know when she's rolled.!
  • Options
    He's done it once and he is 16 weeks. His sister was late to the rolling party so this is early for us.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine gets to her side all.the.time! However, she's never fully rolled onto her belly yet! She also turns herself around in her crib quite frequently. Cracks me up!
  • Options
    Mine started rolling at 11 weeks. He loves sleeping on his tummy but it makes me nervous. He still doesn't know how to roll over from belly to back though which is concerning but he's 15 weeks and trying to scoot.
  • Options
    14 weeks here and LO can roll both ways. He doesn't always roll to his tummy at night but he has.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    15 weeks and can only go belly to back. She's close to back to belly though!
  • Options
    So funny how many go in one direction, but it's split which direction.

For back to belly, my PT mom said to help him (when he was first learning) by holding his top knee down for him (when he throws it over, but hasn't flipped his shoulders yet). It really helped. Holding his butt down, once he was on his belly, really helped him gain head control, and get his arm out from under him.

It's funny, now if I tap LO's knee and ask him if he wants "to try rolling over again", he will smile and do it! He knows the drill now.

Anyone have tips to help LO go from belly to back? Will ask my mom, just curious if any of you encouraged rolling.
  • Options
    HayesRN13HayesRN13 member
    edited September 2015
    Ya! I think it's hilarious my guy started at about 12 weeks... It's super cute

ETA- weeks haha
  • Options
    Silly question, but I was under the impression that if LO rolls by themself it's okay for them to sleep however they end up and not stress about it, so if I put her down on her back like always, but she ends up on her side or belly it's not terrible...is that wrong?
  • Options

Silly question, but I was under the impression that if LO rolls by themself it's okay for them to sleep however they end up and not stress about it, so if I put her down on her back like always, but she ends up on her side or belly it's not terrible...is that wrong?

No, not at all :)
  • Options
    LO started rolling from belly to back yesterday (she's 12 weeks). It looks like she really wants to roll from back to belly. She digs her heels into the floor and arches her tushy up.
  • Options
    HayesRN13 said:

Ya! I think it's hilarious my guy started at about 12 months... It's super cute

Lol, 12 months?!
    My LO is 14 weeks and no rolling here. :P
  • Options
    My LO is 13 weeks and has no interest in rolling from belly to back, but is reaching pretty close from back to belly.

We're in no rush, he doesn't spend much time on the floor playing. Less interested in toys, more interested in socializing so far. I think it will just make me more anxious about him rolling off of something anyways :( I like the idea of him just staying where I put him. It won't last long, so I'm soaking it up while it lasts.
  • Options

Mine gets to her side all.the.time! However, she's never fully rolled onto her belly yet! She also turns herself around in her crib quite frequently. Cracks me up!

Mine is 13 weeks old, and he is just like that! Not rolling over yet, but can easily get onto his side, and is often lying perpendicular to his starting position when I get him up from his crib! Are these signs he is close to rolling?

Mom guilt: we just moved to another state and I'm starting a PhD program. So LO has been riding in the car or the stroller with us to do errands a lot lately, and even when we are home, he doesn't get a lot of back or tummy time because he fusses on his back or tummy and he'd rather be somewhat upright. So when one of us is not holding him or feeding him, he's often in his bouncy seat or swing. I have tried to "show him how to roll" a few times on the bed, but I haven't done it consistently, and my husband has been taking care of him during the day while I'm at school, and has been mostly holding him and putting him in the swing when he's fussy. When LO goes to daycare next week, I think they will have him spend time on his back on the mats though, so he will probably learn to roll over there. He seems strong for his age but seems like he hasn't had enough opportunity or motivation to roll over yet. Daycare will probably provide both.
  • Options
    13 weeks, no rolling here. He likes to lay on his back and kick a lot, so maybe that will translate into some rolling eventually. For tummy time he still just squirms or lies there all pouty. I'm also still just enjoying that he isn't as likely to roll off something yet, lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

HayesRN13 said:

Lol, 12 months?!
    No worries, the first time he did it was priceless! he totally was in shock, The look on his face was so funny like "wtf just happened"... It took him another week to start doing it on purpose
  • Options
    My guy is 16 weeks and it was just last week that he woke up one morning and just suddenly could do tummy time and roll over belly to back when not wearing a bulky cloth diaper. He rolled constantly for two days and now seems to have forgotten how.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Mine was rolling consistently from belly to back at about 12 weeks. She doesn't do it as much now at 14 weeks. But she is rolling to her side while on her back. I'm sure she'll start rolling from back to belly very soon!
  • Options
    HayesRN13 said:
    Lol, 12 months?! My LO is 14 weeks and no rolling here. :P
    No worries, the first time he did it was priceless! he totally was in shock, The look on his face was so funny like "wtf just happened"... It took him another week to start doing it on purpose

I think you meant 12 weeks ;)
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Options

HayesRN13 said:

HayesRN13 said:

Lol, 12 months?!

I think you meant 12 weeks ;)
    Oh haha .. Yes
  • Options
    aj1327aj1327 member
    edited September 2015

17 weeks and content to just lie on his back, smile, kick, and happy shriek. Absolutely no interest in rolling over. Maybe at 12 months? ;)

And even if he wanted to roll physics is against him. 20lbs!! Inertia with a capital I.

This. He's rolled from belly to back twice accidentally.

ETA: 15 weeks over here
  • Options
    My girls are both rolling belly to back and one is super close to going from
    Back to belly. I keep telling them to lead with their head and gravity will take over!
  • Options
    AlyLynn07AlyLynn07 member
    edited September 2015
    Just woke up to hear LO working hard in his crib and found that he had rolled from back to belly for the first time. He is 15 weeks old. I really don't think DS1 ever did this, he just did not care about rolling. He is now a speedy, crazy, running-everywhere 2 yr old boy! So I guess my point is don't stress too much about one specific milestone..

Edited bc extra letter
  • Options
    L/o rolled over in a fit of rage last week and I missed it. She officially started doing it repeatedly today! Yay! 15 weeks today! So proud of the little peanut!
  • Options
    My LO rolled over twice today and we missed it both times! Walked back into the room and he was on his back. He's napping now so we'll try again once he wakes up. Will be 16 weeks on Monday.
  • Options
    Any one else still have a little bump on a log? She does roll from back to side but that's it. The last couple days she's made some feeble attempts to go from belly to back but they just piss her off.
  • Options
    @ChardeeMacDennis no rolling over here. She is the same.. Will go from back to side
  • Options
    LO started rolling tummy to back about a month ago, and then stopped. She rolls onto her side constantly but that's about it right now!
  • Options
    @Sjeff0816 same thing here.
  • Options
    @Sjeff0816 @amccoy129 @cait7425
    Glad to know I am not alone LO has also stopped rolling though does go to his side from his back often
  • Options
    @ChardeeMacDennis other than the roll from back to side yesterday, no rolling here. I keep hoping he'll get pissed off enough during tummy time to roll himself back onto his back, but no...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker