January 2015 Moms
Options

Baby's night sleep schedule

Good day all! Just wondering when your baby goes to bed, when they get up (any wake ups in between) and how you get them ready for bed. My son is almost 8 months and isn't consistent at night. Sometimes wakes every 2 hours sometimes up only once. It's been this way since he was born. For a week he hated his crib but seems to be ok now with the wedge. He shares a room so crying it out isn't an option. Any advice is appreciated! Even just learning what works for you! Thanks!

Re: Baby's night sleep schedule

• Options
    My son is 8 months old and has always been an inconsistent sleeper too. He sometimes sleeps through the night, sometimes doesn't — neither one is a surprise at this point. Usually, he has anywhere from 1 to 3 wake ups at night. I still give him one night feeding (BF), which I don't mind. We don't have a set bedtime, instead I start his bedtime routine (bath, lotion+pjs, nurse, story) about 2 hours after his last nap. He usually ends up going to sleep somewhere between 6:30-7:30. He wakes up between 6-6:30 a.m. Honestly, all of this works for us. He's a baby and he's going to be inconsistent. Even adults aren't always consistent in their sleep pattens. Think about it, you don't go to bed and the exact same time every night or wake up at the exact same time. Sometimes you might wake up in the night to use the bathroom or get water, sometimes you conk out until the sun comes up. It's never exactly the same. Yes, it's a pain in the rear when he gets up multiple times a night and needs cuddles, a feeding, or just help finding his pacifier, but hey, that's just part of having a baby. All in all, I feel we are in a good routine and that his sleeping habits are on the right track. I hope you find something that works for you!