May 2016 Moms

GTKY and AW: Favorite fall activity

It is the first day of fall!

Assuming you live somewhere with seasons, what are your favorite fall activities?

We just got back from apple picking and visiting a local farm. I love autumn in New England!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: GTKY and AW: Favorite fall activity

• Going to a local festival, carving pumpkins and being able to wear sweaters!
  • I love hiking in the fall!!! We live in VA, and fall is a beautiful season with leaves changing and the cool weather. I also love going to the pumpkin patch!! I can't wait to take DD this year!! :x
  • Loading the player...
  • I love getting my fall/winter clothes out! I can't wait for leggings and boots and sweaters.

My favourite thing though is fall camping/hunting/fishing. So excited.

Image result for green dog

Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP #1: 9/12/2015
    DD: 6/1/2016
    BFP #2: 1/16/2018 MC 2/2/2018
  • MrsCase14 said:

I love getting my fall/winter clothes out! I can't wait for leggings and boots and sweaters.

My favourite thing though is fall camping/hunting/fishing. So excited.

Leggings and boots.... Yeeeeesssssssss.
  • I live in Southern California. What are seasons!? It's in the 90s all week. :( But my husband's birthday and my daughter's birthday are in October so we love fall. My husband and I are going to Vancouver. BC in 2 weeks so I'll be able to experience much cooler temperatures. I can't wait. I have been wanting to take my daughter to the apple orchard. Fall usually means camping and dirt bike riding also. It just needs to cool down here. 
  • I know to most people it's a chore, but I love raking leaves. It just takes me back to my childhood. We would make huge pile and then jump in them and make a mess, only to rake them again. I'm hoping to pass this on to the kids as well. So far DS1 is a big fan too.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• We love picking out pumpkins at the pumpkin patch, carving them, and making chili!
  • I live in the South, so we really don't get a true fall, but typically my favorite thing about fall is the food.  Hopefully my M/S eases up so I can enjoy some fall foods soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We love going to the Pumpkin Farm. They have a corn maze for the kids and a lot of fun things to do. Carving pumpkins with my boys is so fun! I plan on buying some Fall Decorations and making my home smell fallish.( not sure that's a word)  If I can stomach the smell that is. :) In Texas we say Happy Fall Ya'll! :)
  • We have an apple festival in our county the first weekend in October :) also scarves!

And this is super random but I crochet and it seems to make so much more sense crocheting in the fall than in the summer.

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Festivals, long sleeves, scarfs, pumpkin everything, and SOUPS! Ahhh....love the fall!
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Football! I love getting together with friends to watch the games. Also DH and I try to go to 1 Packer home game a year.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• I love everything about fall, it's by far my favorite season! I love going to the orchard, picking pumpkins and apples, eating apple cider donuts. We also go the this amazing pumpkin lighting every year where they create elaborate structures out of carved pumpkins and it's incredibly beautiful. Plus, I'm a huge Halloween person so that's always fun too.

• Floridian here so I don't really get to experience seasons, but every year at the end of October DH and I go on vacation to a cabin in north Georgia. So I still get to experience a little. It's cooler by the time we go and we usually go to an apple orchard when we're there. And as always I'm a fan of the food... Usually some pumpkin beer or cider is thrown in there too, but obviously not this year. I told DH we have to bring some of the sparkling apple juice with us this time so I don't feel so left out. Lol. On the way home too we usually stop in Senoia where they film some of The Walking Dead and try to see if anything is going on there, get some food, shop, etc.
  • I love Halloween, love decorating my house, I love the costumes and I love seeing the trick or treaters.

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • I ate like 400 apple cider donuts! And I am making a huge pot of butternut squash soup. I just hope I don't randomly decide it is gross by the time dinner rolls around. I love fall food!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have a great pumpkin patch and orchards right out back of our house that we love to visit. I also just love night time bonfires and drinks (non-alcoholic for me this year I guess) and just sitting outside with friends.
  • beff12 said:
     And this is super random but I crochet and it seems to make so much more sense crocheting in the fall than in the summer.
    I understand this! I sell my crochet stuff on Etsy and always struggle with keeping the shop going in the summer. It always seems odd to be making scarves and blankets in the summer. :)

My fall loves:
    -apple picking
    -cooler weather (despise summer and heat)
    -fall food/baking

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• I like the cooler weather, pumpkin carving, Halloween and seeing the leaves change. Bonus of being pregnant in the fall/winter? All those "fat days" can be covered up by a cute baggy sweater!! ;)
  • I'm excited to go to the pumpkin patch this year since DS will he old enough to enjoy it. I also love breaking out my scarves and cooking with apples and fall/winter squash varieties.
  • I am not a cold winter fan. The only thing about fall I like is pumpkin beer and Oktoberfest. Guess I am out this year!

cat fail animated GIF

• I loved jumping in the piles of leaves as a kid. Now I'm like eww there's bugs in there and prob urine. It's kinda sad cuz it was fun

I enjoy football and carving pumpkins. Here's last years.
  • I love spending time outside. Summer is my least favorite time of the year now that I live in a humid part of the country (I grew up in the land of dry air, which is the only place to spend a summer, imho!). I like to go on longer walks with my dog, do fall gardening and of course carve pumpkins! Oh yeah, and cute sweaters, jeans and tall boots. Love pulling those out! 

Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• The State Fair of Texas! It starts this weekend!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I love fall! I may be in Florida where it's hot but I won't let that stop me from baking pumpkin and apple everything. Oh how I wish I could bundle up in a sweater and cute scarf though.

• Fall. Watching football. Making chili. Wearing scarves and boots. Sleeping with the windows open.

And to all you pumpkin flavored lovers out there - gross.
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Unicorn522Unicorn522 member
    edited September 2015
    NicknShan said:

Fall. Watching football. Making chili. Wearing scarves and boots. Sleeping with the windows open.

A friend after my own heart! I typically like pumpkin flavored things but I can already tell that won't be happening with this pregnancy. But seriously football and chili are my most favorite things about fall.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So many things to love about fall! I especially love picking apples and pumpkins, carving pumpkins, and wearing fall clothes with boots.

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• NicknShan said:

Fall. Watching football. Making chili. Wearing scarves and boots. Sleeping with the windows open.

All of this... Are we twins?
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• doozer1345doozer1345 member
    edited September 2015
    I cook a huge pile of food every Saturday for SEC football day :), we carve pumpkins, DH is actually taking me and DD to our first Auburn game on Halloween (where we are going to get stomped by Ole Miss), I used to love getting pumpkin flavored everything especially coffee BUT I haven't had coffee since I've been pg (an aversion weirdly). This is the time of year I swing out the crockpot which is AWESOME right now bc I don't have to put too much effort into cooking.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Everything and anything Halloween! The pumpkins, haunted houses(RPHH FOREVER), corn mazes, decorations, and I'm a makeup artist so now is my time to get crazy! !
  • Everything! I love Fall! I really like going to the Halloween events at our local theme parks (we have 3 within easy driving distance) but if we go this year I'll just go for the shows!
  • katie1782katie1782 member
    edited September 2015
    I absolutely love fall, my favorite season! I love getting out my sweaters and boots, football, yummy fall soups, apples, pumpkin coffee and beer, Oktoberfest, fall festivals, corn mazes, leaves changing colors, crisp weather, I could go on and on. Fall will be even more fun when we have our little person! I can't wait!

rlworzalla I'm so with you on covering up fat days with cute looser tops!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I live in Florida so we don't get much fall weather at all, but I love all the fall festivities and decorating my house. Pumpkin spice lattes are my favorite too but this year I won't be enjoying them since just the thought of coffee makes me gag.
  • I LOVE fall! It's the best season - still super nice weather but cool at nights. Love sleeping with the windows open, decorating for fall, pumpkin picking, fairs, sweaters...and I'm not going to lie - it mean's we're getting closer to Christmas :P 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers