Central Florida Babies

Brevard doctors/ midwives/ pediatricians

Does anyone know of any midwives in brevard that will deliver at Holmes? I've called a couple, but they don't accept my insurance. I want to switch doctors badly and am starting to panic! I have an appointment with Dr.Kelly but I'd really prefer to go with a midwife.
Also, any suggestions on pediatricians would be appreciated. :)
Alsoooo, PSA, I just learned that BRUs in Orlando have inexpensive infant CPR classes. The only ones I've found here in brevard are pretty pricey.

Re: Brevard doctors/ midwives/ pediatricians

• I'm seeing the midwives at hibiscus women's care and they only deliver at Holmes. We did infant cpr classes in Melbourne thru health first, it was $20 for my husband and I to attend. We also did the childbirth classes at Weusthoff in Rockledge even though I'm delivering at Holmes because they were free.
  • I'm seeing the midwives at hibiscus women's care and they only deliver at Holmes. We did infant cpr classes in Melbourne thru health first, it was $20 for my husband and I to attend. We also did the childbirth classes at Weusthoff in Rockledge even though I'm delivering at Holmes because they were free.

I would have loved to use hibiscus women's care, I've heard great things. However, they aren't accepting my insurance right now.
    That's awesome about the cpr classes though, thanks :)
  • Loading the player...
  • That stinks, they've been pretty great. Not a midwife practice but my friend saw Dr. Mctammany in Melbourne when she was pregnant with twins and loved him. He delivers at Holmes. Not sure when you last contacted hibiscus but they updated some of their policies in July and it might be worth checking if they added your insurance. I had a hard time finding midwives who deliver at a hospital in this area. I actually live in Titusville but the trips to Melbourne seemed worth it to me to see midwives. More power to people who home births but I wanted the safety net of being in a hospital.
  • You know, I've heard great things about Dr. Mctammany, I'm just personally not so enthused on a male doctor.
    Lol, I've contacted those poor ladies at hibiscus so.many.times. It's a no go :/ ah well.
    Yeah, there aren't as many midwife at hospital options around here. I've heard a birth center will be opening in the near-ish future though. I forgot the group of midwives names doing so. I would have loved to try a birth center, but Orlando is the closest I'm sure and it is just too far from Melbourne.
    Under incredibly specific circumstances I would like to give homebirth a go. I want to see how this first time pans out first though as well. Lol.
  • Another friend saw a midwife in Deland through a birthing center but that's probably farther than Orlando for you. I agree about a male Dr. I saw a male OB once and he was fine but I just prefer for my lady Dr. to be a lady. Haha Good luck finding someone. I heard about the birth center trying to open here too. I think they are trying to be close to Weustboff in Melbourne. Money has been there issue I think.
  • His name escapes me right now but I remember I had an old man doctor when I was a teenager and he was to do a gyno check. There were 2 other female nurses in the room, but that didn't stop him from incessant telling me to spread my legs wider and his 'best patients were cheerleaders.'
    Also, another time it was like my first UTI, and I didn't know what it was, I told him my symptoms and he said matter of factly that it could be chylamidia or I could be pregnant. I was freaking out. What doctor tells a young girl that?? Lol. Looking back, those options didn't even make that much sense.
    Obviously I don't think all male doctors are old weirdos, but he didn't help my intro to them!
  • Oh my god, we've been in the same BMB for months!!! I had no idea we lived so close!!!

I'm sending you a PM.
  • Oh my god, we've been in the same BMB for months!!! I had no idea we lived so close!!!

I'm sending you a PM.

Just saw this! Boo!