Breastfeeding

Breast pump & Storage bags !!

It's going to be fours years since I last breastfed. In 2011 I used a manuel Tommie tippie pump (for once in a while use) but this time I'm choosing to pump as much as I can.
So my question is which electrical pump brand and storage bags are best??!?

Re: Breast pump & Storage bags !!

• I like my Medela PISA and the lansinoh bags. I tried the Medela bags bc I got a bunch at my shower but they're not as good...tough to get closed tightly and hard to pour out of.
  • I agree with above post!
    Books to read in 2015: 9/60
  • Loading the player...
  • Same here!  But for second time around I am going to go with a hospital grade pump.  I asked a lactation consultant and she said hospital grade is the way to go.  So I am looking at getting the Spectra 2.
  • I have a spectra s2 (it's a closed system pump) I have liked it a lot. It has good suction and is easy to use. It's not great for traveling tho. I mainly oy pump at home so it's not an issue but if you will be carrying it back and forth to work it may not be the best
  • Yes, Medela PISA and the Lansinoh bags. They're pretty sturdy.
  • I have a medela PISA and am using the Kiinde breastfeeding system for storage and feeding. I love the bags from the Kiinde system and you can pump directly into them which is really nice. They also have a screw on top which I feel like is super secure more so than some of the other bags.
  • I use the ameda store and pour. They hold five oz and don't lay very flat but I love that I can rip off the corner and easily pour out the contents into a bottle.
  • I have the PISA and use the Lansinoh bags. I freeze flat and use a cheap gift bag to store in the freezer. I cut a hole in the bottom of the side just big enough for the bag. Pull from the bottom and you always use the oldest milk first. 
  • My son had rsv so while he was in the hospital I got to use their pump, and that was AMAZING! I have the Medela PISA and I love it, but if you have the option of renting the hospital grade Medela it is the best I think. If not, I got my pump through insurance and I love it. I don't like to use storage bags, cause I don't need to have a stash and I feel like it's wasteful, on my part. I hardly ever keep breastmilk in the freezer so I normally just use bottles to store, but when I have stored milk in the freezer I like the Lansinoh or Dr.Brown bags.
  • I've heard a lot of good thing about the Medela pumps and lansinoh bags.

I actually considered the lansinoh pump due to less pieces for clean up. I'll be taking all of tese tips once I set up my registry.
    Thanks a bunch! !!
  • I have a medela PISA and am using the Kiinde breastfeeding system for storage and feeding. I love the bags from the Kiinde system and you can pump directly into them which is really nice. They also have a screw on top which I feel like is super secure more so than some of the other bags.

And the bags are so much easier since you can feed from them too! I used regular storage bags for awhile I felt like I kept spulling milk trying to put it back into a bottle! I love the Kiinde bags! But if you overproduc it might be a problem since the bags are pretty pricey compared to regular storage bags.

Also a lot of women have said the target brand works great too.
  • @Tangelyy have you checked with your insurance to see what pumps they offer free to you? Mine covered the medela pump in style advanced and ameda truly (or purely) yours. I got the PISA and paid for an upgrade since I will be totting it to and from work. Actually you can log onto target.com and seach for the breast pump program and they will do most of the work for you.
  • marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited September 2015
    The Spectra S1 and S2 are so much better than the PISA... Check out the reviews online.

ETA: Except the medela bottles are way better than what comes with the Spectra. But I use all Medela "kit" parts (flanges, valves, bottles, tubing) with the Spectra pump.
  • I LOVE my Spectra S1. Way better than Medela PISA or Lactina.

I use Kiinde bags because you can feed directly from them.
  • @ldmw wow, those bags look awesome!
  • I have a PISA but the cleaning of parts is a pain! And I use Nuk bags, medela bags do suck
  • I love the kiinde bags! They are a bit pricey though so if you plan on storing a ton they might not be the best option. &15 for 40 bags. I love the kiinde slow flow nipple too. My little guy basically pace feeds himself with it. No need to explain pace feeding to every family member that wants to feed him. If you don't go with the kiinde storage bags they sell an adapter for the nipple to work on other bottles on the website.
  • I use the Medela PISA and the Target bags. Target bags are cheap, sturdy, and hold 6 oz- love them!