May 2016 Moms

Anyone else having a honeymoon baby?!

My husband and I conceived during our honeymoon in Jamaica! Such an awesome souvenir! Any of you other ladies expecting a honeymoon baby? :)

Re: Anyone else having a honeymoon baby?!

• I got married June 26th, had my iud removed a couple weeks after then conceived a couple weeks after that. Someone already asked if it was a honeymoon baby, not quite but still soon after!
  • Loading the player...
  • elsa1688 said:
    We are!

@elsa1688 - Hiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

image        image

• This one isn't a honeymoon baby but DS was. It was definitely the craziest year of my life, but DH and I had been together for 7 years before that so luckily we got to have plenty to time to be just the two of us before our little one came along!

• About a month after our honeymoon we went to Prague for a work event/vacation. The magic moment happened there. I am KICKING myself for not buying some cute thing to put in a nursery. There were some shops with handmade toys/puppets, etc. (a kind of local CZ/Prague artisan thing) and I thought about buying something as I knew I had O'd while we were there. But I was trying to not get ahead of myself. I'll probably go to eBay at some point to find something, though! 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• We're having a honeymoon baby! Best souvenir we could ask for!
  • We have been married almost 5 months and I'm 8 weeks today so not technically honeymoon but definitely still the honeymoon phase.
  • vinerie said:

About a month after our honeymoon we went to Prague for a work event/vacation. The magic moment happened there. I am KICKING myself for not buying some cute thing to put in a nursery. There were some shops with handmade toys/puppets, etc. (a kind of local CZ/Prague artisan thing) and I thought about buying something as I knew I had O'd while we were there. But I was trying to not get ahead of myself. I'll probably go to eBay at some point to find something, though! 

I love the artisan shops and stands in Prague!
  • @vinerie I wish that I would have brought something back from Jamaica also!

@Bookhousegirl -- did you and your husband already live together before your honeymoon baby? What do you think made it the craziest year of your life?

• we had a very late honeymoon but conceived about 2 weeks after coming back.. so everyone assumes its a honeymoon baby but technically not.. would have been a great souvenir 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @alparsons we did live together for 3 years before we got married, so that part wasn't crazy or new at all. I meant more that it was a total whirlwind that year... we moved less than a month before the wedding, I got pregnant on our honeymoon (literally my LMP for my first pregnancy was our wedding day... and yes I did get my period on my wedding day, boo), I changed jobs 2 months after our wedding, and I had to take a licensing exam that determined my career post-baby one week before DS was born. And all of that was in the 9 months post-wedding. I wouldn't change anything about it though because I feel like DH and I are so much closer for it all. We really learned to work as a team through stressful situations, and lean on each other in a way we had never had to do before.

• Does it count if our honeymoon baby is only 8 month old? Lol I know we work fast!
  • My first child was a honeymoon baby, also conceived in Jamaica. We ordered a "Made in Jamaica with love" shirt online for our announcement photo. We always say that must be the reason she is so laid back even though we aren't. She was born a month early (healthy, thank goodness), so we celebrated our one year wedding anniversary the day she turned 4 months old. I feel like I will be explaining that one for the rest of our lives! So excited to be giving her a sibling! :)
  • Ours was conceived on our two year anniversary in Aruba !!!
  • We are having a honeymoon baby too!! Our little Hawaiian surprise : )
  • asunnaasunna member
    edited September 2015
    ah i feel better now

...hubby and i married 4 months ago, but due to him being from america and in military and me being canadian we only just started actually living together in august
    found out i was pregnant end of august.

so basically... 

everythings a whirl wind .... we've only been together since feb 2015., married in may ..now having baby  :o
  • We are....well pretty much...we think it might have happened right after we got back. 

We keep getting the "wow, you guys work fast" response from everyone we tell.