Multiples

Fundal Height

Hi everyone,

I am 22 weeks 5 days today and had my last appointment this past Monday. I was told my belly measured at 24 weeks. Does this sound strange? Like, kinda small? I thought with twins you measure about 4-5 weeks past your actual date. This is all new to me so I apologize if it is a weird question. I'm basically trying to find out the "normal" range I should be in at 22 weeks so I have something to compare it to. Yeah I know everyone is different and I shouldn't do this but I'd still like to know. My doctor did say I was measuring perfectly but of course good ol Google is the one who gave me the 4-5 weeks ahead. 

Please share any information.
Thank you.
1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

Due date 1/16/16 with our twins!

Re: Fundal Height

• I was never told what I was actually measuring with my twins, but the doctors always said I was measuring perfectly for twins. I'd say if your doctor isn't worried you shouldn't be! Everyone is a little different, and believe me you will be measuring a lot bigger once you get farther along!

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You're exactly right, I shouldn't worry. And really I'm not but more so curious to know what is considered "the normal range." I've gained 25 lbs so I'm not in any way saying I'm small. I hope I didn't offend anyone because that's not my intention.
    1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

• Loading the player...
  • My doctor didn't even do fundal measurements. She said there was no point, since they did the growth ultrasounds.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was 20 weeks at my last appointment and was measuring 26 weeks. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm consistently measuring 12w ahead with triplets. I heard from my nurse there is a calculation that is used with multiples, but I haven't researched it. If your last US was good, I wouldn't worry too much. I've read it is +\- 2w in accuracy.

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• My doctor said it depends on how the twins are situated. I measured 30 wks when I was 28 wks. She didn't seem worried at all. I like to think I have strong abdominal muscles limiting the fundal height lol.
  • I was 20 weeks at my last appointment and was measuring 26 weeks. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • As long as you're within the normal range, it's fine. They sent me for growth the scans with my singleton because I was only measuring 26 weeks 32 weeks. I ended up going almost 37 weeks with her and gained 23 pounds. I'm tall, but still a size 0, so 23 pounds was nearely 20% of my starting weight.
    With the triplets, I was measuring 41 weeks when they were born at nearly 30 weeks . Everyone thought I was carrying one. They looked at me like I was crazy. Some people just tend to be small. And I gained 49 pounds with them! I was seriously behind the counter pounding protein bars and whole milk
    March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am 26 weeks and consistently measuring 1 1/2 - 2 weeks ahead like you. I have gained 30lbs and was a normal weight pre-pregnancy. I have not worried a second. I was told in the 3rd trimester I might start measuring 3-5 weeks ahead. It is all based on their position. One might be head down, and the other transverse so then you'd actually be wider vs. longer. I do OB ultrasound for a living so trust me when I say there are ALL kinds of bellies. Congrats and good luck!
  • I've been measuring 5-6 weeks ahead. At 35 weeks, I'm currently measuring 41 weeks. Yikes.
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  
  • It is amazing how different each person is. Thanks everyone.
    1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12