February 2016 Moms
Options

Fffc-9/18

Flame free Friday confessions.

*not necessarily flame/debate free*

Re: Fffc-9/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm really slow at work today (so far....) and I should be asking my coworkers if they need help. But I really just feel like being lazy right now and bumping and working on my list of things to buy for baby. So that's what I'm going to do. 
  • Options
    I left work early yesterday because I was just irritated with the world, these pregnancy hormones are no joke. I don't remember being this moody at all with DS but maybe that's why I am more so now - a toddler + I have been having a terrible time sleeping lately. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was really worried about how sex would change after having a baby, but sex actually got way better post baby. Confession, I am curiously awaiting what this baby will do to my body and my sex life. My husband jokes that it's going to reverse it and we're going to have to have a third to get back to where we are now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Feb 2016 Siggy Challenge, Favorite Thing About Fall
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mckloughmcklough member
    edited September 2015

reading the pampering thread makes me feel like I'm really superficial because I get manicures and pedicures every other week (or once in a while if it's a really good manicure I can go 3).

ETA- I decided selfish is a better word than superficial. I enjoy the time away from work and home but it's money that could definitely be going elsewhere

*Kate*

February 2016

• Options
    I didn't post anything for the first half of this month purely because I hadn't got on my desktop to update my signature. Lurking is stressful when one really wants to say something.

• Options
    I still haven't changed my August siggy. Getting on the laptop is such a pain and since I can't see it I forget.
    DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
    Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
    Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV Mom

• Options
    I haven't logged into the bump since Tuesday.... its been boring here. I need some spice in my life!!!!

View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Losses:
     7/16/2014 @ 7 Weeks 2 days
     2/01/2015 @ 4 Weeks 4 days

• Options

We already have a really nice pack n play with a girly design, so i'm using that for our new son. I don't care, I'm not buying a new one just to have a "boyish" design on it. When I was pregnant with our first, I specifically asked for gender neutral designs so we could use them for future kids. But my MIL wanted pink everything. So sorry son, you're using a pink pack n play, a pink rock n play, and pastel colored crib sheets. 

I got a used swing for DD for $30 that's purple. If we have a boy he will most definitely be using it. I don't think he will care. If that ones takes a poop on us we will get something neutral but I hope it doesn't. Those things are expensive! Otherwise everything else we have is pretty much green or the typical "boy" stuff.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've definitely been considering buying more boyish themed sleepers since I've seen lots of them for super cheap in the FB BST sites locally - we find out in exactly one week so I will just wait but I have a strong feeling this LO is another boy anyhow. 

My husband and I've already decided we really don't want to do the whole "princess" thing if we do have a daughter, I will probably still buy quite a bit neutral colored clothing once we find out the sex either way as well. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We already have a really nice pack n play with a girly design, so i'm using that for our new son. I don't care, I'm not buying a new one just to have a "boyish" design on it. When I was pregnant with our first, I specifically asked for gender neutral designs so we could use them for future kids. But my MIL wanted pink everything. So sorry son, you're using a pink pack n play, a pink rock n play, and pastel colored crib sheets. 

We borrowed my niece's pink bouncer. I would throw a more boyish blanket over it if I thought I might take a picture of DS while he was in it. I was a little ashamed of myself haha
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @mcklough don't feel bad... Up until summer became ridiculously slow at work, I was at least an every two weeker on my toes getting done. I am anxious to get back into THAT groove next week cuz my toes need some love!
  • Options

I already decided I'm buying the snugga kitty rock and play on Amazon unless someone miraculously buys us one! It's pink, but it's adorable! I could care less if we are having a boy or a girl! All of dd's stuff was neutral or boy because it's cheaper. When we went to get the fp piano mat the pink was $15 more or something than the blues and greens.
  • Options
    H and I have been house hunting for about a year but only actively hunting for about a month. I'm getting so discouraged because I'm not loving anything and anything I love ends up getting ripped out from under us.

I think we're going to make an offer on a house tonight that I "love". What's flame worthy is that I don't really LOVE the house and I won't tell H otherwise because I am just so sick of looking. I want to get settled before this baby comes and I don't want to be useless trying to move while 8-9 months pregnant so I'm settling.
    This is probably really wrong but at this point, I think it's okay to just settle.
  • Options
    Twindling said:

H and I have been house hunting for about a year but only actively hunting for about a month. I'm getting so discouraged because I'm not loving anything and anything I love ends up getting ripped out from under us.

I think we're going to make an offer on a house tonight that I "love". What's flame worthy is that I don't really LOVE the house and I won't tell H otherwise because I am just so sick of looking. I want to get settled before this baby comes and I don't want to be useless trying to move while 8-9 months pregnant so I'm settling.
    This is probably really wrong but at this point, I think it's okay to just settle.

I'm sorry I can empathize 1000% so I know how you feel.
    The market here is intense, houses are selling before they hit the market and our price range is the highest wanted housing! I WILL be moving when I'm due 20 days later and at this rate it will be to a bigger apartment but one that will be costing us more than a mortgage would:
  • Options

I went no contact with my mom because she's narcissitic and emotionally abusive. It's heartbreaking not having a mom, especially during this special time but I'm not going to take it anymore. My dad passed away in 2006 so it makes me sad that my children won't know my parents (I don't want them knowing my mom like this, though) but at least they'll have my hubby's parents.

I was feeling very depressed about this whole thing and my midwife and therapist suggested anti-depressants but I refuse to let it get me down anymore. I'm going to try my damnedest to focus on my blessings and be happy.

It's hard sometimes, I know from experience and but it's been so long since we've had a direct conversation and I feel so good not having toxic people in my life.
  • Options
    My FFFC: recently my husband added me to his credit card. We have a joint account for the bills we both add a certain amount into each month, but everything else financial is separate. We had a great offer from USAA for a balance transfer and we took it because my credit union credit card had such a high APR that no matter how much I paid it down, the total balance barely moved and it was super discouraging. So since we added my balance to our "joint" credit card, all I want to do is start using my credit card again. I know I shouldn't and I've resisted (so much that I actually took it out of my wallet and hid it in my nightstand so I won't be tempted while out and about).

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    I can't speak to the epidural because I have no medical training and have never had one before, I but I totally get the shopping one :)

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the breakfast burrito I made for dinner last night is the culprit behind my diarrhea this morning.  The pathetic thing is I had enough for leftovers, and it was so dang good that I'm eating another one for lunch today.  My husband's friend is staying with us this weekend and we only have one bathroom.  I feel so sorry for him.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the breakfast burrito I made for dinner last night is the culprit behind my diarrhea this morning.  The pathetic thing is I had enough for leftovers, and it was so dang good that I'm eating another one for lunch today.  My husband's friend is staying with us this weekend and we only have one bathroom.  I feel so sorry for him.
    I've been having diarrhea almost every day for three weeks. Every time I decide I should call the doctor, it goes away for a day or two. I'm hoping that the breaks mean it's just pregnancy-related. But it started 24 hours after we got home from the Minnesota state fair...
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @MississippiCatfish - I looked it up and it's called a walking epidural. The idea is that you can walk around but it takes away some of the pain. So I guess it really is something different from a regular epidural...? Good to know!
    It seems like a nice option if you want some pain relief but still want to move around but not something to brag about.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been having diarrhea almost every day for three weeks. Every time I decide I should call the doctor, it goes away for a day or two. I'm hoping that the breaks mean it's just pregnancy-related. But it started 24 hours after we got home from the Minnesota state fair...
    Ugh, I'm so sorry.  This is definitely not my first rodeo with it since I got pregnant, either.  Hope it goes away for both of us for good!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Because money is really tight right now we are going to have to recycle our boys stuff (i.e. swing, playmat, car seat, carrier etc.) For our little girl when she's born. I feel bad but having two boys we just can't see spending money we don't have on new girl gear that won't matter anyways
  • Options
     One was that I think it's silly to point out that your epidural was "very low dose." Some people are completely numb from a slow drip, others require a lot more for just some effect. It irritates me when people say it like, "I practically didn't even have an epidural, it was very low dose, I'm so tough." Like its a badge of honor or something. I've seen it a few times lately, but I think possibly when lurking on different boards. I recognize that some people probably don't mean it that way, but it has struck a nerve. I can't remember the third.

What people won't get competitive about! You know what, the last time I gave birth they let me control when I got topped up on my epidural. I hit that button every time I felt a twinge and it was glorious. Now anyone who wants to feel superior can compare themselves to me. For Pete's sake. Heh. I guess it struck a nerve with me too. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    mamacastromamacastro member
    edited September 2015
    "My husband and I've already decided we really don't want to do the whole "princess" thing if we do have a daughter, I will probably still buy quite a bit neutral colored clothing once we find out the sex either way as well. "

--------------------------------------

This. We just found out we are having a girl and we decided we don't want to over emphasize the whole "princess" concept so we are trying to do florals and nature themes instead. MIL however doesn't care and seems to go out of her way getting everything she can with "princess" but that's a whole other issue. Anyways I love that there are more options now besides just princess
  • Options
    One more: 

I got into an argument with an employee yesterday about his job performance. I yelled at him, he got pissy and I was still mad about it this morning. He umpires softball a few nights a week after work and last night he caught a softball in the nose and lip (broken nose and teeth). When he came in today to check in with me and told me about what happened I laughed and told him "karma is a b****", then walked away. I can't feel sorry for him. 

View Full Size Image

Pregnancy Ticker

Losses:
     7/16/2014 @ 7 Weeks 2 days
     2/01/2015 @ 4 Weeks 4 days

• Options

Because money is really tight right now we are going to have to recycle our boys stuff (i.e. swing, playmat, car seat, carrier etc.) For our little girl when she's born. I feel bad but having two boys we just can't see spending money we don't have on new girl gear that won't matter anyways
    If we're having a girl, we'll be using our son's stuff, too! We already have it so why not? The baby doesn't care that color it is.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
     One was that I think it's silly to point out that your epidural was "very low dose." Some people are completely numb from a slow drip, others require a lot more for just some effect. It irritates me when people say it like, "I practically didn't even have an epidural, it was very low dose, I'm so tough." Like its a badge of honor or something. I've seen it a few times lately, but I think possibly when lurking on different boards. I recognize that some people probably don't mean it that way, but it has struck a nerve. I can't remember the third.

What people won't get competitive about! You know what, the last time I gave birth they let me control when I got topped up on my epidural. I hit that button every time I felt a twinge and it was glorious. Now anyone who wants to feel superior can compare themselves to me. For Pete's sake. Heh. I guess it struck a nerve with me too. 
    I might just be jealous because I tried to get an epidural with my first and it didn't work.  Three tries during my induction = zilch.  I'm still a little scarred;)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

One was that I think it's silly to point out that your epidural was "very low dose." Some people are completely numb from a slow drip, others require a lot more for just some effect. It irritates me when people say it like, "I practically didn't even have an epidural, it was very low dose, I'm so tough." Like its a badge of honor or something. I've seen it a few times lately, but I think possibly when lurking on different boards. I recognize that some people probably don't mean it that way, but it has struck a nerve.

I can't remember the third.

I might just be jealous because I tried to get an epidural with my first and it didn't work.  Three tries during my induction = zilch.  I'm still a little scarred;)

Me too!! Everyone told me how awesome the epidural was and you could sleep through labor so after 35 hours into my labor I caved. They tried 3 times and it just wouldn't take. Needless to say I'm terrified to have this child haha!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MississippiCatfish and @ohbaby714  So sorry to hear that! Maybe this time will be the charm? Fingers crossed that you get whatever kind of labor you desire. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers