May 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly symptom thread - 9/14

Re: Weekly symptom thread - 9/14

• Options
    Well I just openly wept at a Whirlpool commercial (the one with the Johnny Cash version of You Are My Sunshine) so pretty sure that counts as a pregnancy symptom  :((
  • Options
    I cried at DH's doctor appt today when he snapped at me (not my normal reaction). I've been nauseated like crazy for over a week now (although now I believe I have the stomach bug DH has which has multiplied my nausea by 1000). I just got a breast reduction in July so I can't tell if my boobs are sore from being pg or from the surgery (probably both). I have more food and drink aversions than I thought possible. I'm surprised I haven't become a bean pole from being so ill towards food and drinks. I'm also breaking out like a teenager. OH and does anyone remember the slushy incident? Yeah... I've become a ticking bitch time bomb
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    penelope4612penelope4612 member
    edited September 2015
    I've had insomnia for the past 2 nights so now I'm pretty exhausted.  Before that I was tired but sleeping great for 8+ hours.  My boobs are a little sore and swollen but not much.  I've had some cramps.

Does anyone else have a weird pulling sensation in their lower abdomen off to one side?  This feeling seems to come and go for me and at first I thought it was cramps but it really feels like a pulled muscle.

ETA: Also ACNE.  It started getting bad at the end of my last period, and has remained bad/gotten worse since then.  I have zits on my forehead and my NECK.  Ugh.
  • Options
    @penelope4612 I think pulling sensation is pretty normal for round ligament pain.

@doozer1345 I missed the slushie story and now I'm intrigued!
  • Options
    Hey ladies-- coming over from Feb16. I found that eating ice chunks helped with needing to drink something when water wouldn't stay down. Also, Gatorade was my saving grace!!! A combo for that would be to freeze Gatorade or a Gatorade/ice water mix in ice cube trays. You can get your electrolytes in and hydrate. Most of the liquid will melt into your mouth so no fears of throwing up with drinking straight liquid.
    @jenbrinson07 try this :)
    And yes, you can cry as much as you want. I know I did!!! I lost 11lbs from being so sick- lasted til 17 weeks!
  • Options
    Haven't had nausea until this morning, but I think it might be paired with my cold?

The only moments I've thrown up/felt sick was when I took my prenatal in the morning or my new trick lately is BRUSHING MY TEETH. Past 2 days I can't get through brushing my teeth without hurling into the sink (I'm talking tears streaming down my face and dry heaving to the max). Anyone else facing this??! Again, thinking it just might be associated with my cold but now I have a pounding headache and am feeling dizzy and sea sick.
  • Options
    I am also really nauseous.  All the time.  Unless I'm eating.  But nothing sounds good, ever. 

I feels you...
    Married since 7.21.12 

BFP #1: 8.26.15 

EDD: 5.4.16 

• Options
    So far just very sore breasts and some mild cramping. Aversions to certain smells like eggs and meat cooking. Last night I was so tired I passed out at 9pm but woke up at 1am and couldn't go back to sleep till 4am. I'm so tired but can't sleep, what's up with that?!

• Options
    Official arrival of morning sickness: 5 and a half weeks.

Relieved to have it, honestly.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    @Kennedy0830 yes! Brushing my teeth has become my daily fear factor. I never know how it's going to end. I try to be as quick as possible and get out of there before I start heaving, it's miserable!
  • Options
    terrible acne!!
  • Options
    I am exhausted and now the MS kicked in but it likes to get going in the evening. Is anyone else having any round ligament discomfort? I'm 5w1d and my belly has some tender spots, nothing severe or worrying.
  • Options
    @LadySamLady glad to hear it's not just me... It's becoming my least favorite and dreaded time of day. I'm learning to make sure I don't do my makeup first - it gets ugly
  • Options

Waves of nausea come and go all day. Its usually better when I eat. I'm tire of eating. Sometimes I think it sucks having to eat to live. Haha! There are other days when  I love food. I am exhausted and can't decide if it's from being off caffeine or because I'm pregnant. My boobs are also growing but not sore. I'm very small chested so any small change to my boobs is noticeable. I keep telling myself this is oh so much better than puking everyday.

• Options
    @penelope4612 I think pulling sensation is pretty normal for round ligament pain. @doozer1345 I missed the slushie story and now I'm intrigued!
    I was on my way to pick up DD from school. DH called and thought we were going to meet earlier so we had time to take DD to get a slushy before I went to work, etc. I lost it. I mean yelled to high heaven. My first pg with DD I cussed him over some oranges at 3am. Needless to say DH takes a lot of verbal beatings in the first trimester. I sat at work slushy-less and with a guilty mind that was a terrible mix to my nausea.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    Middle of the night MS. Ugh
  • Options
    @ocean134 I'm up with the same thing :((
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Weeks 4 & 5, I was really constipated, but thankfully, that seems to be mostly gone now. I also had headaches during that time as I was cutting back on caffeine. I had some spotting the day after my BFP, which I'm guessing might have been implantation. I continue to be exhausted and thirsty all the time. The symptom that's most bothersome to me right now is that my hips (particularly my right one) are killing me, particularly in the evening. Yesterday, I noticed my boobs start to ache a little bit - more my left than my right. Oh! And I'm gassy. Yuck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Me: 39 DH: 41
    Met in HS, but lost touch for 12 years after graduation
    1st Date: 5/27/06
    Engaged: 9/16/13
    Married: 6/20/15
    BFP: 9/2/15
    CVS: 11/3/15 (all good news - thank God!)
    EDD: 5/11/16

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Woke up with bleeding gums when I brushed my teeth, and slight nausea, almost like I had one glass of wine too many.

cat fail animated GIF

• Options

@ocean134 I'm up with the same thing :((

Oh, we are some lucky gals!
  • Options
    All weekend I felt carsick. Yesterday (Tuesday) and today it was noticeably absent. Also, the bloating has gone away. I've been eating anti-inflammatory food (I.e. Cucumbers, watermelon) so maybe that's why? The lack of a "carsick feeling" is noticeable, though. I don't know if these symptoms come and go, but I hit six weeks today and feel "less pregnant" than I did a week ago... :-/
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    I'm having a rough morning. I woke up 3 times last night with MS and heartburn. I should be leaving for work now but I'm so nauseous and acid reflux is making it worse...I'm really dreading the subway ride. Luckily I have a job with great flexibility and no one bats an eye if I'm late, it's getting there that seems really difficult today. I know I have so much to be thankful for but MS really is the pits.

Ok gonna try and put some makeup on now...

Happy hump day!

• Options
    I just hit six weeks today and I'm suddenly exhausted and on the verge of puking. I don't remember feeling like this at all with my first pregnancy. The morning sickness (which lasts well into the afternoon) is killer.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nausea definitely getting worse. Almost lost my dinner brushing my teeth last night. Which wasn't much anyway to begin with. DH was kinda cranky I begged for spaghetti at the grocery store and then went to eat it and could only eat like 5 bites bc it tasted weird to me. Really liking my ginger candy right now. Also some of my bloat has gone away... Good I guess but I'm still a little uncomfortable.
  • Options
    Six weeks yesterday and feeling pretty good! Crazy because I had the most horrendous morning sickness with my daughter. I'm not daring to hope that I'm out of the woods yet though, it could still happen. For now, bring on the cheeseburgers!
  • Options
    I always thought morning sickness was when you puke a ton. This week in learning it's so much worst. It's feeling like you need to all the time but never actually throwing up. Just the increased saliva nausea that usually preludes a good upchuck
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Options
    I'm feeling a bit nauseous, but I'm taking dicliges at night so that helps (last time I had HG and plus I'm a teacher so I can't really be running to the bathroom to puke in the morning). This morning I woke up feeling really sore in my legs and rump. Like I worked out or ran a lot but I definitely didn't do that! Could it be from how much I'm sitting/resting/napping?
  • Options
    I am just over 3 weeks. Only real symptom is dry mouth/thirsty. Also a little more hungry than usual but that could actually be thirst.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    Tired and nausea has set in. Thankfully husband is a physician and can get me the meds before my first appointment on the 28th!
  • Options
    My boobs are super firm, sore & heavy. I sort of like the way they look and feel actually.

I do get a little queasy as soon as I'm the slightest bit hungry so nibbling on saltines gets rid of the queasiness almost immediately.

I am weirdly waking up around 3am for a few hours & struggling to get back asleep. What causes this?

I find myself making to-do lists & imaginary nesting.
    I'm also wanting sex all the time. So bizarre.
  • Options
    Horribly, horribly nauseous this morning. I feel like I want to throw up bc it might make me feel better, but I can't. :(
  • Options

Symptoms hit hard a few days ago. I go between exhausted and nauseated with some moments of normalcy in between. Starting to get headaches and morning diarrhea which I had with my son the first trimester. My right boob is growing way more than my left so I'll join the lopsided tit club. Altogether I'm just taking it one hour at a time!

This is my life. I'm so nauseated most of the time. My doctor just switched my prenatal to something with more B6. And my right boob is so big it's popping out of my size D bra!
  • Options
    As of yesterday, with the addition of sore boobs and bleeding gums when flossing, I feel like I have every common pregnancy symptom known to man.

Also, I've been spotting a lot and have an ultrasound this afternoon to make sure all is well. I'm so nervous and really hoping I don't find out that all the sickness has been for nothing :(
  • Options

As of yesterday, with the addition of sore boobs and bleeding gums when flossing, I feel like I have every common pregnancy symptom known to man.

Also, I've been spotting a lot and have an ultrasound this afternoon to make sure all is well. I'm so nervous and really hoping I don't find out that all the sickness has been for nothing :(

Fx for you and baby!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I'm 6 weeks yesterday and the nausea is slowly but surely setting in. Someone else said it perfectly, it feels like being carsick.
    I still have to force myself to eat. My upper back hurts, and worst yet my Breasts are killlllling me. This never happened with my last 2 pregnancies.

Erin

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This week has been the week of the most bizarre dreams EVER!
    Two nights ago, I dreamed everything was normal, but I had to pee and discovered I had a giant...member. But I was surprised for like a second then just shrugged like "Oh, well"
    Last night, I dreamed that I was somehow put in charge of this giant flock of some type of bird (maybe wild turkeys, but much smaller) and I needed to ensure that they all ate. But one was being difficult so I sprinkled M&Ms on their food to get them to eat and they started expanding like that blueberry chick in Willy Wonka and I was terrified they were going to start exploding and I would be in so much trouble. I started spraying them with a hose and they deflated like balloons. So weird! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Honestly not many symptoms besides sore boobs and veeerry slight cramping. A little queasy yesterday, but not today. I should be grateful but I haven't experienced morning sickness and it worries me. 6 w 1 D today.
  • Options
    No nausea/vomiting yet.
    BB are swollen and tender but not unbearable.
    I have been sleeping like crap! Waking up every couple of hours.
    Indigestion is still happening - this was my first tip that "something is off".
  • Options
    At 5 weeks and 2 days I am always hungry.  If I get busy at work and forget to eat I feel like vomiting.  
    This might be TMI but I'm going to the bathroom (#2) two times a day now...it's much more frequent.  Must be the hormones doing their thing :)  I'll take it as a good sign...better then being constipated I guess.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm only 4 weeks so I'm still feeling pretty good (I'm the tail end of the May-ers!). I'm just waiting for the symptoms to hit. I've noticed my boobs being really sore and tender and I'm tired but I have nothing else so far!