Multiples

strollers

What have you decided to purchase as far as strollers go? Does it come with a car seat? For those of you with your babies already what stroller has worked best? I'm mostly thinking of brand names. Still undecided on front to back or side by side.

Thanks
1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

Due date 1/16/16 with our twins!

Re: strollers

• This is the one we're currently using with our 15 week old twins. It folds up and unfolds super easy. Convenient for traveling. Has a huge basket underneath. Can hold 2 car seats. Drives very nice. I'm super glad I went with this one. We love it!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We purchased the Mountain Buggy Duet. We wanted something that was good for walking/jogging in our hilly neighborhood. We originally went to purchase the Bob Duallie but it is only compatible with one infant seat. I found searching for a stroller for newborn twins to be a bit of a challenge--many dual strollers are designed for a toddler & infant; therefore, are only compatible with one infant seat. Not to insult your intelligence, but be sure to check to see that the one you choose is compatible with two seats. Also, our stroller was only compatible with certain seats---at first we thought the only compatible seats were the more expensive brands such as Maxi Cosi or Cybex. Turns out, it is compatible with Chicco Key Fit so we went with those for seats.
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  
  • Loading the player...
  • I should add that the Mountain Buggy Duet is a side by side but it is as narrow as their single stroller. It also has many options for how to place the seats.
    https://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Buggy-Duet-Double/dp/B008VSWUYC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
  • We're going to get the Uppababy Vista with the Mesa seats.  The shell of the stroller folds down an fits in the back of our non-extended SUV, which is a huge bonus.  Plus, the stroller has toddler attachements for when they're bigger, and a skateboard attachment for my DD on the back.  She is really excited about that.  :) 

June 19, 2010 - Miracle Baby Girl

Round 2
    Since March 2013
    BFP April 2013 - Missed M/C July 2013 @ 12w6d
    BFP December 2013 - CP @ 4w3d
    Eight medicated cycles, three IUIs: FAIL
    IVF #1 Antagonist - January 2015: CP/FAIL

IVF #2 April 2015: Microdose lupron Flare
    ICSI, CCS Freeze all
    6 blasts biopsied/5 normal

FET #1 June 25, 2015 6AA and 5AA blast transfer
    BFP 3dp5dt!
    Beta 8dp5dt 195.2, 10dp5dt 474.8, 12dp5dt 977, 22dp5dt 25,580
    <3 Twins! Our boy and girl coming end of February!  <3

• We love the bumble ride indie twin. We have adapters for car seats (used for first 3 months), there are wonderful, oversized canopies, the wheels work on any terrain, etc
  • This is the one we're currently using with our 15 week old twins. It folds up and unfolds super easy. Convenient for traveling. Has a huge basket underneath. Can hold 2 car seats. Drives very nice. I'm super glad I went with this one. We love it!
    it is pretty universal for what carseats attach or does it need a certain one?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you guys all for the input and I will definitely be looking into each of these. I want one that will accomodate car seats but also grows with them. I can't believe how difficult this is! It requires so much research. I don't remember having to go through this 13 years ago when I had my son. Probably because he was a singleton lol.
    1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

it is pretty universal for what carseats attach or does it need a certain one?

I think the single one with no car seats is sold out. I can't find it anymore. But they have the one with the single car seat and actually one with both car seats. It says graco car seats, but I really think it could be compatible with almost anything. They want to keep all your business by getting you to buy their car seats too.

• There's also this one. This is a best seller. It says it accepts a lot of car seats. I didn't have $500 to spend on a stroller, so I found these. The graco one I got is amazing and it was cheap.

• blsav23 said:
    I should add that the Mountain Buggy Duet is a side by side but it is as narrow as their single stroller. It also has many options for how to place the seats. https://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Buggy-Duet-Double/dp/B008VSWUYC
    Do the carseats come with it?
    1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

• blsav23 said:

I should add that the Mountain Buggy Duet is a side by side but it is as narrow as their single stroller. It also has many options for how to place the seats.
    https://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Buggy-Duet-Double/dp/B008VSWUYC

Do the carseats come with it?

No, they don't. We bought the Chicco Key Fit which were about $199/each but used a coupon for 20% off at Buy Buy Baby. But then we also had to buy 2 extra bases for my husband's car. Dang...twins are expensive! ;)
    DH (41)-no MFI
  • We are getting the Chicco Key Fit car seats and the Bumbleride Indie Twin for the stroller... I love how small the bumble folds up. That was my selling point for sure.

Also there are some pros and cons to side-by-side verses tandem... If suggest doing some research OR watching some YouTube videos to see which one would work better for your family.
  • @rgitzen Have you looked at the Bumbleride folded up? It is huge!!! We love the stroller, but for other reasons. It's folded up size is actually a drawback....
  • egm2015 said:
    We love the bumble ride indie twin. We have adapters for car seats (used for first 3 months), there are wonderful, oversized canopies, the wheels work on any terrain, etc
    What is the max weight for this stroller?
    1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

• We were just given a double stroller for free. My one complaint is that I can't attach their carseats, but they lay flat enough that I think they will be safe for newborns. Does anyone know of a site I can go for reviews/information to confirm that? I tried searching for it, but wasn't having a ton of luck.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • egm2015 said:

@rgitzen Have you looked at the Bumbleride folded up? It is huge!!! We love the stroller, but for other reasons. It's folded up size is actually a drawback....

I actually didn't think it was "that big", when it comes to the side by sides... It will consume my trunk area for sure but I think I want to kee with a side by side instead of a tandem. I guess all we can do is try :-)

I think we are also going to get the Joovy Roo for twins for quick around town shopping, they are pretty cheep.