Military Families

Let's introduce ourselves!

This board can be pretty quiet, so let's try to liven it up a bit?! Get to know each other! What branch are you or your SO in? Where are you stationed? Where are you from? How many children do you have? Whatever you'd like to share!!

My name is Kristi, I'm almost 23 years old, I have a little girl with my husband who will be 6 in September and I'm currently pregnant with another darling little girl due Christmas Eve! My husband is Air Force, we've been married 3 years and together for 7, we are both from Wisconsin and currently live on the island of Guam. We're both counting down the days till we leave this rock!!

Re: Let's introduce ourselves!

• I'm rarely here, but check in occasionally.

My H is AD AF. We've been married for 6 years and are expecting our first child after 5 years of infertility. Due early Nov with a boy. We are in the middle of PCSing to Germany, our first OCONUS station, so I'm alittle stressed out at the moment getting ready for it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi. I'm Courtney, I'm 24. My husband (26) is in the Air Force. He's been in a little over 8 years. He's stationed at March in Moreno Valley (riverside). I was born and raised in Southern California. My husband is from Brooklyn Ny but moved here to Cali when his dad (army) got stationed over here. We have 3 children and we are pregnant with our fourth baby. My son is 6.5, eldest daughter is 4.5 and my youngest daughter will be 3 in Nov. My EDD is Feb 8th (16wks2d). We have been lucky and have not PCS yet. We also have 2. Pit-Bulls.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi, my name is Allysa. I'm 29, currently living in California. My fiance is 22, a new member of the Navy, and currently in A school at Great Lakes. We found out we were expecting while he was at boot camp, our little one is due at the beginning of January. This is a first for both of us, our plan was to wait about 4 years but God had other plans for us
  • aluiciousaluicious member
    edited August 2015
    Hi I'm Allison. I check here occasionally. My husband is Army, and we are currently stationed at Ft. Campbell, KY with orders to Germany in October. I'm originally from Indiana and my husband is from Louisiana. We have been married 4 years and our son was born in June. This will be our first PCS, and I'm going kind of crazy trying to prepare while taking care of a baby @-) Nice to meet everyone!
  • Hi I'm Nora. I'm 24 and just had DS in June. My DH is army national guard in CT. We have been together almost 8 years and married for 3 and a half. We are getting ready for our first deployment which will begin in January next year.
  • Hi I'm Alyssa. A senior in high school. I missed my first day of school to get sworn into the Navy and two weeks later I find out I'm pregnant. Anyone else that has gone through this? I'm at least 6 weeks going to doctors today
  • @Knottie02274207 I don't know exactly how it is now. But obviously you can't go into boot camp. You're going to have to go in after giving birth and I know there will be a wait time till you can go after the baby is born. Also I'm assuming you're not married. That will add extra paperwork. You have to give someone guardianship while you leave for basic and tech school. You need to talk to your recruiter asap.
  • You will have to have a family care plan in place if you are a single parent or your SO is also active duty with information regarding who you give temp gardianship to while you are away training or if/when you deploy. You will need multiple back ups so keep this in mind. Your journey will now obviously be on hold and I hope you have already brought this up to your recruiter.
  • CONavyWifeCONavyWife member
    edited August 2015
    I'm Ally, 23. My Husband is 22. He is active duty Navy on subs stationed in CT. I was born in Wyoming, he was born in Washington, and we met in Colorado during high school. We've been together 5 years, married a little over a year. This is our first :)!! I'm due mid April. He will be in and out a lot between now and then gearing up for a deployment.
  • I'm Christine. My husband is AD Army. We're currently in the frozen tundra of Hell known as Fort Drum lol I hate it. I have a son from a previous relationship who will be 7 in January and my husband and I are expecting our first child together now after multilpe failed iui's and a fresh IVF cycle. We got pregnant with our miracle baby after our frozen cycle. We had been trying for nearly 4 years to conceive. We've been together for 5 years and married 4. Originally from Ohio. And we're due with our little bundle of Joy the end of April!
  • Congrats on your miracle baby @JaysensMom
  • Hi I'm Megan! My husband and I are Navy he's a corpsman in the SICU at Walter Reed and I'm an IT. This is our first & unplanned baby. We are both from California and we are in Maryland. (Obviously, Walter reed) we are due in February and of course we are about to PCS out in March, but neither of us have received orders. I'm hoping we get an extension. We have 3 pets and I'm also going to school full time. Busy life for us!
  • I'm Kacey, husband is Army/national guard... I know, I know, guard units get a hard time. He is currently on active orders and headed over seas after the little munchkin is born in November. We have a dog, who is the best, she is a husky border collie mix that keeps me on my toes. This is our first kiddo and it will be an interesting adventure doing the first 6 months solo. I also work full time as a mechanical engineer.
  • Hi ladies, I'm Jaci. My husband is Army National Guard, and we are in Wyoming (he drills in Lander). My husband and I have been married just over a year, and this is our first (due in April). I'll be 24 in November and he's days away from turning 26. We live in a little tiny town, about 80 miles from the nearest hospital, but have a pretty good group of friends even though we just moved here in May. I'm currently student teaching until December, so we will see how that goes with this lol... Morning sickness is just starting to kick in. Not sure what else to add, but I'm excited to go through this adventure!
  • Husband is Army National Guard. We live in Alabama. He is currently deployed until next summer and I am due with our first in January. We are hoping for paternal leave so he can be here for delivery, but if not he will get to meet his little girl when she is 6 months old. Although this isn't "ideal timing" we are so incredibly blessed and are tickled pink that God is blessing us by growing our family.
  • Hi Ladies! My name is Kendra-- my husband is AD Army and we are currently stationed at Fort Hood. We have been married almost six years and have been together for 8 years. We have two children already--one girl and one boy (ages 4 & 3) and are expecting our last bundle of joy in February! I'm from Dallas, and my husband is from Oregon!<
  • Hi everyone! My name is Shondra. My husband is active duty Army. He will be returning home from deployment anyday now! We are excited to TTC #2 when he comes home. We have a two year old daughter. We are currently stationed in Kansas. 
  • Hi Everyone! I'm Megan. My husband is active duty Air Force. We are from Illinois and Wisconsin but stationed in Alabama. I gave birth to our precious son this past May. Had a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby boy; however he swallowed meconium at some point in time and had meconium aspiration. After 3 days of spending time in the NICU, they flew him to Children's and he passed away as soon as he got there. We were completely blindsided by this news. The hospital may or may not be at fault. We are still waiting on his autopsy. We started trying again this past month and got pregnant but had a miscarriage this past week. Other than that, we have two yorkies who are my babies! :)
    Anniversary

• @hawksfan82 I'm so sorry for your loss of both your beautiful son and miscarriage. That's a lot to go through, you must be an extremely strong woman. My prayers are with you :x on Wisconsin!
  • Thank you @kristib1027. I've certainly been told that.

My husband is the one from Wisconsin. :) Your baby girl may end up sharing a birthday with me if she's late. I was born on the 27th!
    Anniversary

• Hi, I'm Heather. I'm 26, grew up in Scotland, but I met my husband in high school in Texas. He's a Texas Aggie, I'm a Baylor Bear, but somehow we stuck it out and we've been married almost four years, together for eight years. Our little peanut is due in April. All baby plans have been put on hold for now as we PCS to Fort Bliss, TX. Military life really makes pregnancy that bit harder, huh? Like it isn't hard enough already? I'm still so surprised that I'm pregnant, it truly is a miracle because there are so many things that can go wrong. @hawksfan82 keep on keeping on! Your body somehow knows when it's perfectly ready to have a baby! But even then it's never easy. I pray for all of us to be healthy and safe as we attempt to bring humans into this crazy world!!!
  • Hey everyone! I'm Bekah, my husband is Air Force, stationed at Ellsworth in SD, but we're delivering in CO because LO has a CHD and we're kind of isolated out here (not as much as Guam I supposed ;) ). We're due Dec. 18th, and this will be our first!
  • Hello Ladies! I'm new to this site and have been lurking for a bit just trying to get info. My name is Cat, I'm AD Army and currently stationed at Fort Carson, CO. I was raised in Arizona, so the weather is definitely a big change! I'm a single FTM, expecting LO around April 1st.
  • @theatrebek - I am a heart mom of a child with a complex CHD.  From time to time I search the boards looking for other heart moms in the hopes that I can help someone that's pregnant and having to deal with such a difficult diagnosis.  I came across your post on the Military Families board that mentioned you'll have to deliver in another state due to your LO's CHD.  When I was pregnant with my second son I had a hard time finding anyone on the bump that could relate to my experience, so I try to reach out to moms to offer up some words of support.  

In essence, my son has HLHS and DORV.  His first open heart surgery was at 5 days old and his second was at 5 months.  He's now a year old and doing well, but he'll need a third open heart surgery (hopefully his last) sometime after he's two.

I know you didn't elaborate on the specific CHD your LO has, but if you want to touch base, feel free to send me a PM.  :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Hey y'all, I'm AD Army, stationed in Texas and DH is a vet. We're expecting our first LO together in April following a mc this past June. I'm hoping to get out when my contract is up next year but will re-enlist if LO isn't healthy in order to give him or her benefits I may not otherwise be able to afford for a couple of years.
  • Hello! Husband and I are both AD AF serving 3 years, we are due 3 Feb with a GIRL! We both been together 2.5 years and just recently got married 11 May. A month later while on a TDY I find out I was pregnant! Ugh surprise especially since I was on BC and continued taking it while pregnant *didnt know* we are very excited!
  • Hey y'all! I'm Tiffany! Mom of a 4 yo DIVA! Hubby and I are high school sweethearts. About to celebrate 13 years together. DH is active duty Air Force and we are currently living in the UK. Originally from Destin, FL! Now expecting #2 on May 31 2016 ♡♡
  • @mytinc awesome of you to open up and offer such support and wisdom! @AmadorRose sorry to hear about your loss. You and your baby are in my thoughts and I pray you have a safe, healthy child! @Tiffany0987 jealous of you being in the UK! That's where we are hoping for next!
  • Hi.  I'm an old vet of this board.  Been here since the beginning.  They call me TX.  I'm an Army Vet.  My husband is AD Army.  We have 5 kids.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi.  I'm an old vet of this board.  Been here since the beginning.  They call me TX.  I'm an Army Vet.  My husband is AD Army.  We have 5 kids.  

Someone I recognize! Not sure if you remember me from the old MN board, it's been a few years since I've even been over there. But hi :)
  • Hi! My name is Nora. I'm 35 (DH is 29)
    We have a little girl who is turning 8 next week! (I'm 5 weeks pregnant with our second child, due end of June)
    My husband is a (new) Marine. We've been married almost 10 years and together for 11. We are in Twentynine Palms CA & are extremely excited to be moving to San Diego CA come April!
  • Hi! I'm Brooke. I am 27 & my husband is 30. I am in the Army National Guard and my husband is prior active duty getting ready to go back in after 3 and a half years out. He is still filling out paperwork and hasn't been to meps so we don't know where he will get stationed or anything. We are hoping not to go back to Fort Drum!! Oh and we are expecting our first child in December- a boy named Levi Wyatt.
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    edited November 2015
    I do remember you @gumby22c ! Hi!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do remember you @gumby22c ! Hi!

I hope your doing well! I found my way back over here after I got pregnant, but it's changed a lot around here.
  • My name is Amanda! We are stationed in San Diego! We have 2 boys and are expecting our baby girl!!! Husband is currently deployed! And should be home by the time we are due!
  • I'm Erica station in MS husband's in the navy. I have an 11 year old daughter and I'm currently 15 weeks
  • Hi I'm Adriana and my husband currently station at ft hood. And I'm 35 weeks pregnant
  • Hi, I'm Crystal and 36. I think I'm the only Coastie wife here. We just got stationed in Portsmouth, VA and I'm 12 weeks pregnant with our 1st baby girl after some infertility issues. We have been married just over 2 years.
    37 y/o
    Married 9/1/13
    Off OCP 3/1/14
    TTC 6/1/14
    DX Endometriosis in 2002
    Laparoscopy 2002 and 2007
    HSG 8/2014, right tube partially blocked
    1st BFP 1/5/15 EDD 9/12/15- miscarried 1/8/15
    BFP 10/5/15 EDD 6/17/16- delivered healthy girl 6/18/16
    BFP 8/4/16 EDD 3/2/18- trisomy 18 girl- no heartbeat 8/25/17 at 13 weeks d&c 8/28/17
    BFP 12/4/17 EDD 8/19/18