May 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

This thread is for all the WTF moments in your life. Cause you know you gotta vent about them somewhere!

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    My WTF goes out to a high school classmate of my husband that we ran into while on a walk last night. Backstory: my husband is 13 years older than me, but most people wouldn't know that as he has a baby face. DH is always a bit insecure about starting a family later in life, but hey, that's just the way fate worked it all out.

ANYWAY, this fucking guy said hello to my husband, looked at the stroller with DS in it and says "holy shit you have a baby?? Do you have any idea how old you are??" Cue DH's face dropping. I felt so bad

So WTF, random dbag. He's 45, not 95.
  • Options
    My WTFs all go to me today. I'm so, so, so emotional today about things that shouldn't be making me this emotional. It's really annoying knowing in my head that I'm being irrational but being incapable of stopping the waterworks and anger.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My WTFs all go to me today. I'm so, so, so emotional today about things that shouldn't be making me this emotional. It's really annoying knowing in my head that I'm being irrational but being incapable of stopping the waterworks and anger.
    Me too. An email from a co-worker almost made me cry today. Then I snapped at a girl on my team over something that would not typically bother me. Its ok my friend Salad...let it all out!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    WTF to all the homework I have for my Grad school classes...all I want to do is take a nap. I do not want to read article after article. 

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• Options

The absolute worst part of pregnancy hormones is when you are 100% aware that you're being irrational but there's just nothing you can do to stop it!

I'm so mad at a couple of my friends right now. I think maybe I'm being irrational but I just don't care. So I probably won't even see one of my good friends before she moves 4 hours away.. I hate that, but I don't see myself getting over it by tomorrow.
  • Options
    yogahh said:
    Me too. An email from a co-worker almost made me cry today. Then I snapped at a girl on my team over something that would not typically bother me. Its ok my friend Salad...let it all out!
    I also cried today... Although it was about something that does make me sad--I live on the other side of the country than my sisters and parents. We don't talk as much as I'd like due to the time difference and of course don't see each other as much as I'd like. But I got all weepy about it this a.m. talking to mom during the drive to work. I mean, this is not a new thing and I suddenly was very emotional about it!  :(
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    WTF to my classroom's lack of air conditioning or windows that can open. Its over 90 in here for at least the fifth work day in a row and my second fan just stopped working. Kids probably thought I was crazy b/c while they were doing their warm-up, I'm taking apart a fan to see if I can fix it. I can't b/c a part snapped. *&^% $10 box fans.  :((
  • Options
    We went to parent orientation for the toddler program DS is in and there was no a/c. It's a thousand degrees in NYC this week and no one knows yet, so I was just the really sweaty lady. I'm sure that will totally help me make mom friends.
  • Options
    WTF to dry heaving and throwing up stomach bile. Feeling like crap. 
  • Options
    WTF to my stomach that doesn't know how it wants to feel.  I haven't thrown up AT ALL but my stomach is so uneasy I wish I had!  I think I am going to turn into a piece of bread.... or the baby might be born with a strange toast and jelly addiction.  :) 
  • Options
    kmalls said:

My WTF goes out to a high school classmate of my husband that we ran into while on a walk last night. Backstory: my husband is 13 years older than me, but most people wouldn't know that as he has a baby face. DH is always a bit insecure about starting a family later in life, but hey, that's just the way fate worked it all out.

ANYWAY, this fucking guy said hello to my husband, looked at the stroller with DS in it and says "holy shit you have a baby?? Do you have any idea how old you are??" Cue DH's face dropping. I felt so bad

So WTF, random dbag. He's 45, not 95.

:-q Not cool!!
  • Options
    WTF to my body for almost passing out during a lab draw at the Dr, then finding out I'm only like 4 weeks and no baby on VUS
  • Options
    :(( X( :(( >:P :(( [-( <-- me.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options

Woke up and took the girls for the first Speech Pathology appointment this morning.  Only it was supposed to be their hearing tests today.  I called the Audiology clinic told them what happened and asked if they could still be seen today.  They said yes, so I drove all the way across town to get to that clinic only to find out that well, they can’t been seen today as we were no-shows yesterday.  WTF…no WTF!!!

Race back across town to get them to day care before their room goes for morning excursion.  They left early and there was no one to look after the girls so we had to chase after them at some random park.

Arrive 2 hours late for work and no one has had a hearing test OR speech pathology.

4 hours all in from waking them up to dropping them off and NOTHING got done.

ugh

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Breast Cancer diagnosis 12/01/2010 - Survivor and Cancer free as of 03/22/2011
    BFP#1 04/12/201
    1 - fetal demise - MC 05/28/2011
    BFP#2 10/14/2011 - fetal demise - MC 12/13/2011
    BFP#3 05/30/2012 - fetal demise - MC 07/23/2012
    IVF#1 02/14/2013 - 2 Beautiful Blasts transferred
    BFP#4 02/25/2013 - BFP - MC and ectopic 03/06/2013

IFV#2 07/02/2013 -BFP#5 - 07/07/2013
    1st Beta 07/11/2013 - 483 (9dp5dt) - 2nd Beta 07/13/2013 1006 (11dp5dt)
    1st U/S 07/31/2013 - TWINS! "The Minions"
    IVF#3 BFP#6 09/01/2015 6dp5dt
    1st Beta 09/05/2015 - 105 - 2nd Beta 09/08/2015 335
    1st U/S 09/22/2015 - .......

• Options
    WTF to smells! MY nose is ridiculous these days! We have maintenance guys working on our A/C at my office building. They are in the way and apparently don't shower!! I'm not talking about they just need a little DO I mean they reek!!!! Help me I feel like chunking! :( Also a lady in the office brought some Hummus for lunch wacala!!
  • Options
    Wtf caffeine withdrawal. I guess I didn't realize how much coffee I require to keep up with a toddler.
  • Options
    Wtf to insomnia and being so exhausted. I've worked six 10 hour shifts straight and I am so tired. Plus I have a DD that hates to sleep at night. I just want some sleep :(( :((
  • Options
    Wtf to this stomach virus I caught. I haven't had one in years and of course now I get one.
  • Options
    WTF is up with my boobs leaking already? No really. I leaked for 2 years after I was done weaning my son....and now I get this for the pregnancy? 

(And PS, FTMs, your boobs may leak for a really long time. No one really ever tells you that. I'm sorry.)

image image
  • Options
    Holy bloating, Batman!  Go away, you're not wanted here.  Also, why can't I concentrate? I have things to do, damnit!
  • Options
    Yesterday I thought I was going to punch a hole through the wall and shove my husband off of our balcony I was so angry and frustrated over the damn dishes
  • Options
    WTF to my DH....he has been SO snappy and on edge, and down right grumpy since we moved (its his busy season at work....I get it) but 'M OVER IT. He went on a big huge rant last night because the house wasn't picked up when he got home from work - we have a nanny that should have done it - he wasn't mad at me but I still got the rant. I stopped talking to him, cleaned the WHOLE house in silence then went right to bed....still haven't started talking to him yet except for extreme cases. I'm being a child about it by not talking to him but I'm pregnant and super sick of his bad attitude. ((((phew, that felt good)))) Probably time for a date night.....
    Me: 32 DH: 35
    Married 12/7/07
    DD: Born 1/2/14 
    Baby #2 EDD 5/6/16

• Options
    WTF to my downstairs air conditioner being broke. Also, finding out my employer is unhappy with me and wanting me to step it up. Let's just say I carry the health insurance and thought I may be fired yesterday.
  • Options
    WTF to legit passing out at my desk today. Seriously, one second I was compiling handouts for a staff inservice on Epipens and the next I am jerking myself awake minutes before the staff meeting that I insisted I needed to be first on the agenda for since I needed to get home to my sick son and husband. I was the picture of professionalism with my bed head and post nap glazed stare.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    WTF moment:  Thanks to "mom/pregnant-brain", I only plucked one eyebrow. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    WTF to my back!! Threw it out and two ribs are going in and out of place. It hurts SO bad! :( 
  • Options
    WTF to being STARVING but nothing sounds good
  • Options
    WTF to my back!! Threw it out and two ribs are going in and out of place. It hurts SO bad! :( 
    Oh man. Feel better!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers