November 2015 Moms

Today's awful insult.

13»

Re: Today's awful insult.

• I am a petit girl and 7 months. I hate it when people tell me that my belly is too small for 7 months. I want to tell them it doesn't feel small you #$÷$$ it makes me feel like my baby is not growing well but my doctor says baby is doing okay. People should never comment on size even when small. :(
  • So I work at a bar and grill and I was bartending the other night. The owners lawyer and long time friend was there and asked me if I was expecting. I replied yes I'm due in November. To this he replied "And just who is going to be paying your child support because someone like you isn't married, right?" Excuse me!? What the hell is that supposed to mean!? I replied that my husband and I will support him. He then says "good then! That's how things are supposed to be."
    I wanted to blow up on him so bad but rather than lose my job I simply smiled and walked away
  • Loading the player...
  • So I work at a bar and grill and I was bartending the other night. The owners lawyer and long time friend was there and asked me if I was expecting. I replied yes I'm due in November. To this he replied "And just who is going to be paying your child support because someone like you isn't married, right?" Excuse me!? What the hell is that supposed to mean!? I replied that my husband and I will support him. He then says "good then! That's how things are supposed to be." I wanted to blow up on him so bad but rather than lose my job I simply smiled and walked away
    WTAF, seriously?
  • I work at a restaurant and had someone at one of my tables tell me he wanted to take me on a bumpy motorcycle ride..I smiled and said I still have 2 months togo so it's a bit early for that.....but thanks for saying I'm huge! ~X(
  • laswett said:

laswett said:

A kid at school finally asked me if I had gotten married. I told her no, and she proceeds to tell me that that means my baby will be a "b" She says she knows this because she is a "b" and people call her that. I told her that people who say things like that clearly have nothing better to do, and need to be told to mind their own business. Idgaf how traditionalists use the term bastard, but I know how my SO and I use it, and our son will not be one.

That is the saddest thing I've ever read. How old is she? It's terrible no matter age, but to call her a 'b' where she's picked up on it... My heart breaks for her.

She's around 13. I couldn't be mad at her once she explained herself. I assumed someone who was not a fan of one of her parents decided they should tell her that.

I don't care if she is 25 you don't say that. If anyone calls DD1 that you might want to call the cops because I will lose it on their ass. Being married before is ideal but doesn't always happen. We have been married since she was 9 months. Not that anyone needs to know. I don't care if you ever marry their father it's no one business. Someone needs to tell that little girl she is not one and she was a surprise gift not a mistake or bastard.
  • So I work at a bar and grill and I was bartending the other night. The owners lawyer and long time friend was there and asked me if I was expecting. I replied yes I'm due in November. To this he replied "And just who is going to be paying your child support because someone like you isn't married, right?" Excuse me!? What the hell is that supposed to mean!? I replied that my husband and I will support him. He then says "good then! That's how things are supposed to be." I wanted to blow up on him so bad but rather than lose my job I simply smiled and walked away

Whaaaaaat?! Seriously, what are people thinking? Ugh. Props to you for handling it so well, I'm not sure I'd have been able to do the same. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• I have my baby shower today and the lady that normally does my hair doesnt work on sunday. So i went to this random place and just asked for a blow out. I could tell from the moment she started that she was doing it wrong. When she finished I tOld her I didnt like it and she said "thats the best I can do with the hair you have" It took everything in me not to cry in front of her. I told her I get my hair done regularly somwhere else and it never looks like this but she was unfazed. Here's a pic of her shitty job.

I had my bangs trimmed at great clips out of desperation and she cut them about an inch too short and I was super pissed... I walked out and didn't even pay I was so pissed off... Never go somewhere you don't usually go out of desperation!!!
    You left without paying? I could see not tipping, but not paying..? Yikes. That hurts the business owner more than it hurts the stylist. That would be like not paying for a meal because you didn't get good service.
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • anikajoy said:

I have my baby shower today and the lady that normally does my hair doesnt work on sunday. So i went to this random place and just asked for a blow out. I could tell from the moment she started that she was doing it wrong. When she finished I tOld her I didnt like it and she said "thats the best I can do with the hair you have" It took everything in me not to cry in front of her. I told her I get my hair done regularly somwhere else and it never looks like this but she was unfazed. Here's a pic of her shitty job.

I had my bangs trimmed at great clips out of desperation and she cut them about an inch too short and I was super pissed... I walked out and didn't even pay I was so pissed off... Never go somewhere you don't usually go out of desperation!!!
    You left without paying? I could see not tipping, but not paying..? Yikes. That hurts the business owner more than it hurts the stylist. That would be like not paying for a meal because you didn't get good service.
    I disagree, service and "product" are different. If the food was horrid and not what I ordered I wouldn't pay for it. If the food was fine and the service was crappy then I wouldn't tip. If someone cut my hair and didn't give me what I asked for in a long shot why should I pay for it? It's their mistake, an inch with bangs is a bid deal, if I screws up someone's "order or product" I wouldn't/couldn't expect them to pay for it.
  • My husband is annoying me. I've gained less than 10 lbs and will be 31 weeks tomorrow. I gained 12 lbs total with #1. Still I obviously have a belly at this point. However, when someone says oh I didn't know you were pregnant or you don't look that big, my husband keeps reminding me they mean to say i always look like I have a belly. I'm about to kill him! I don't read too much into any comments but he loves to over analyze & instigate problems & I'm just so over it! Just leave me alone
  • Cook3133 said:

anikajoy said:

I have my baby shower today and the lady that normally does my hair doesnt work on sunday. So i went to this random place and just asked for a blow out. I could tell from the moment she started that she was doing it wrong. When she finished I tOld her I didnt like it and she said "thats the best I can do with the hair you have" It took everything in me not to cry in front of her. I told her I get my hair done regularly somwhere else and it never looks like this but she was unfazed. Here's a pic of her shitty job.

I disagree, service and "product" are different. If the food was horrid and not what I ordered I wouldn't pay for it. If the food was fine and the service was crappy then I wouldn't tip. If someone cut my hair and didn't give me what I asked for in a long shot why should I pay for it? It's their mistake, an inch with bangs is a bid deal, if I screws up someone's "order or product" I wouldn't/couldn't expect them to pay for it.

An inch anywhere with hair is a big difference.. But I think Great Clips will be ok without whatever it would have been if I would have paid.. If it was a small shop where I knew the owner I would have paid buy would have never returned and it just reminded me why I never go to Great Clips.. They always mess up my hair.. And especially the hair that I keep in the front that goes over part of my face.. It was very noticeable and it wasn't even cut how I asked and it wasn't even cut straight..
  • So I work at a bar and grill and I was bartending the other night. The owners lawyer and long time friend was there and asked me if I was expecting. I replied yes I'm due in November. To this he replied "And just who is going to be paying your child support because someone like you isn't married, right?" Excuse me!? What the hell is that supposed to mean!? I replied that my husband and I will support him. He then says "good then! That's how things are supposed to be."
    I wanted to blow up on him so bad but rather than lose my job I simply smiled and walked away

Ugh, that makes my blood boil. When I was still able to work at UPS my manager (not a supervisor.. A MANAGER) in the span of about a week: asked if the baby's father was involved (yes), asked if we were getting married (no), asked if I was marrying rich (wut?), when I was going on maternity leave (I was around 16 weeks), and then the kicker - if I was returning to work because "it might be too hard on a man to watch a baby from 4a-9:30a".

I didn't realize I was still so butthurt about that, my bad for the rant. Your boss's lawyer sounds about as socially smart as my UPS manager. Dumbasses.
  • I take the train to work everyday and ride with the same group of people each morning (when you spend that much time confined in one space together, you learn to make friends).  One of the older guys that I know (probably about 60ish) looked over at me and asked me (loudly) how I fit into my pants...

Umm... not well.  At this point they're barely holding on thanks to some stretched out waist extenders...  THANKS.  
  • At a wedding, an older gentleman came up to me and said "My God, you're fat! Just kidding, you are absolutely beautiful. Congratulations! When are you due?"
  • Not pregnancy related; but I was out to eat with my daughter (who just finished her first week of kindergarten!) last night, and I made a joking comment about making it through the first week of school and she asked me if I have a student at one of the local high schools....I wanted to cry right then and there! I'm 24, no where close to old enough to have a 14 year old!!
  • At work I had a table of 2, when asking them what they would like to drink the last replied 'well we have two more arriving.. And how many are you waiting to arrive?' Laughing so hard like she just made the best joke. I literally just stared at her lol! Like I have nothing nice to say, obviously I'm pregnant. I'm tired, I don't want to be at work and then I get to listen to this all night. One lady, I have one baby coming. :((
  • I got some major shade thrown at me today by a girl I went to high school with. Ran into her at Sephora. "Oh you're pregnant? Didn't you used to be in chastity club?"

Guess I had that coming. 
    Do unto others. 
  • edited September 2015
    I was asked today :are you pregnant again? It was by an uncle. This is my second ....and my first will be 5 y old in 2 m.....I kind of responded on a rude tone...but I don't even care!
  • Not a straight up insult but it is insulting to be told you don't know your own body. Tried talking to my mom about a pain I was having, told her it was in my pelvic bone, she says "no it wasnt, its your uterus, it was a contraction". Uhh ok. You know better, bye.
  • jdal1206jdal1206 member
    edited September 2015
    This woman says "It's for sure a boy.  This is what my old italian grandmother always used to tell me... and anytime i guess for family and friends based off this, I'm never wrong!.. first off, if the heart beat is under 160, you're definitely having a boy... second.. (this is where it gets good..)  and don't take this the wrong way buuutt... my grandmother always said, when you're pregnant with a girl you're just always glowing and your skin is flawless and you very rarely get any swelling in your face... you're way prettier than you normally would be when you're having a girl... now I can see that you're breaking out... and your lips look swollen.. and its just not glowing, so thats what makes me think boy"

And I've heard the complete opposite in regards to the glowing skin etc...I've heard if you're having a girl then you break out etc because the baby is "stealing your beauty"...so many theories so little time!

Edited because apparently spelling is hard this afternoon!
  • jdal1206 said:
    This woman says "It's for sure a boy.  This is what my old italian grandmother always used to tell me... and anytime i guess for family and friends based off this, I'm never wrong!.. first off, if the heart beat is under 160, you're definitely having a boy... second.. (this is where it gets good..)  and don't take this the wrong way buuutt... my grandmother always said, when you're pregnant with a girl you're just always glowing and your skin is flawless and you very rarely get any swelling in your face... you're way prettier than you normally would be when you're having a girl... now I can see that you're breaking out... and your lips look swollen.. and its just not glowing, so thats what makes me think boy"

And I've heard the complete opposite in regards to the glowing skin etc...I've heard if you're having a girl then you break out etc because the baby is "stealing your beauty"...so many theories so little time! Edited because apparently spelling is hard this afternoon!

I've heard what you've heard too!  and I've definitely had people tell me I'm having a girl and a boy because "you're carrying just in your belly and so low"
    I just tell them all to enjoy the guessing game and I'll tell half of them how wrong they are once the little bean is here haha
  • Not a straight up insult but it is insulting to be told you don't know your own body. Tried talking to my mom about a pain I was having, told her it was in my pelvic bone, she says "no it wasnt, its your uterus, it was a contraction". Uhh ok. You know better, bye.

Must be a mom thing. Mine told me in early weeks (around 8-10) that my back pain couldn't be from the baby already. OK mom. Thanks.

Also, with you on the pelvic pain right now. 6 weeks can't go by quickly enough! I am ready to be with baby girl on the outside instead of inside. :)
  • Worst of a few things so far was when my mom told me this baby better be worth it. Earlier on I was vomiting a lot which gave me broken blood vessels all over my cheeks. Later on my feet were so swollen I couldnt bend my ankels, toes etc.
  • Oof, people are the worst. Thanks to a fantastic case of Resting Bitch Face, I don't seem to be getting the comments despite working two jobs in retail (one in a boutique owned by an Italian lady with a massive extended family who all pop by just to pass the time and share opinions). Im glad, because I seem to have misplaced my tact recently and would probably tell the sweet old ladies to go fork themselves...
  • My SIL has a way with words ... She will look at my stomach and say " wow no stretch marks yet... Well they will be there soon enough " or " you didn't gain much weight but don't worry you will gain it all at the end " it seems to be more of a spiteful jealousy problem ! But very very frustrating!!!!!
  • This one isn't particular awful...just why?  My MIL (who can never just make the wise choice to say nothing) came over last night and said as soon as she walked in the house "Well, you're still growing".  To which I replied, "that's generally how pregnancy works".  And then it gets all awkward and silent for the first few minutes.  Ug.  I don't even mind the "how are you feeeeeeeling" question, why not stick to that, say nothing at all, or (crazy thought) say that I look great.  Even if I don't, it's just a nice thing to do for a pregnant woman.
  • Preparing myself for the "you look awful" type comments I'm going to get when I go to a meeting in about an hour. You'd look awful too if you spent the whole previous day with your body expelling all the food and then being in the hospital. Now I have the headache that will not go away thanks to lack of nutrients.
  • My father has so lovingly started to referring to me as "The breeder" when he talks to other people. Our first is now 5 years old, and this is our second child. He also loves to call me fat & lonely and says it's his "right" to say such things. I have to choke back the tears and lump in my throat when he comes around because he's 'never wrong' and will say I'm just being emotional and hormonal for being upset. 
  • MercyC1130MercyC1130 member
    edited September 2015

My father has so lovingly started to referring to me as "The breeder" when he talks to other people. Our first is now 5 years old, and this is our second child. He also loves to call me fat & lonely and says it's his "right" to say such things. I have to choke back the tears and lump in my throat when he comes around because he's 'never wrong' and will say I'm just being emotional and hormonal for being upset. 

Ugh. The other night my dad randomly pulled out a measuring tape and started measuring my stomach. Then said he couldn't fit his arms around me. Then pulled out his phone and started texting and stopped to ask me how much I weigh and how much I've gained. Lol. WTH? All in front of a bunch of people at my birthday dinner. He's also the king of "Sure it's not twins?", and has moved on to triplet jokes...
  • I feel for you, I don't think they even consider how we feel/what we go through!
  • I'm having twins and one of my favorite things about this pregnancy vs. my first is that I've been able to head off a lot of obnoxious "OMG YOU'RE HUGE" comments by throwing in a well-timed "It's twins!" when I can see it coming. Welllll yesterday I was walking my dog and a neighbor I've never met said "Any day now!" I said "About a month to go, it's twins!" And he said "Are you sure it's not triplets?" 

FFS. 
    Lol you just can't ever win as a pregnant lady!