December 2015 Moms

What car seat are you registering for/buying?

2»

Re: What car seat are you registering for/buying?

• I have a Graco Snugride 35 from my older kids that I'll use assuming it's not expired. Also need to try installing it in my husband's truck to make sure we can get that, my daughter's convertible, and probably a combination booster for my son all crammed in there together

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @themarievon We are looking at the New Mountain Buggy Terrain for the jogger. My husband runs fast and we both run far and we spend a decent amount of time off roading and it seemed the most versatile. The BOBs that worked well for serious runs like the ironman didn't seem as versatile with only having the locked wheel. The terrain has the option of locking in 2 positions and also comes with 12" & 16" rear tires (which converts it from urban to active depending on wheel size and front wheel status). The new one also has bassinet options. Mountain buggy seemed to include some accessories BOB sold seperately. If you aren't running hardcore something more affordable like the Schwinn Joggers might be a good option for 1/3 to 1/2 the price of BOB or Mountain Buggy. If you are flexible with what you want joggers are supposed to be easy to find second hand. I have looked at lots of reviews I like video reviews comparing similiar models in different brands (I just google stroller A vs stroller B and click video tab on google). I also look at top 3-5 reviews on amazon as well as a few 3 stars and look for trends in any 1 or 2 star reviews to get a well rounded idea of pros and cons.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm leaning towards the Uppababy Mesa but I am concerned about the price of the stroller that holds it (STARTS at $500).

You probably don't have to use it with their stroller. You can find a different stroller that has an adapter to work with that car seat.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• BTW Chicco Key Fit 30, I just read a review on amazon that said their are actually 4 styles of canopies on these carseats despite all being pretty much listed as the same model just something to check if canopy size is important to you.
  • breezypip said:

We're going with the Chico Keyfit 30. It came highly recommended by parents I know who are using it and also got a great ratings in Baby Bargains (aka my new Bible). They also sell an adaptor so it can fit in the BOB jogging stroller we'll be getting.

We will be getting exactly this! I really. Liked the Chico, and my hubby loves the bob jogger, as he is a runner! I think we will wait awhile (unless it's gifted to us) to get the stroller though as I don't see us using it very much in the first few weeks.
  • Safety First Chart 65 for our convertible in SOs truck (it's too tall to put a carrier style seat in a base. It's easier to climb into the truck and put baby into a seat. I hate that stupid truck!
    I still have to pick out a carrier seat, and decide on a stroller.
  • We bought the Maxi-Cosi Mico AP infant seat and Baby Jogger City Mini GT with infant seat adapter and also got the matching pram back in June.
    Love that the infant seat is so lightweight and the stroller is a great mix between a traditional stroller and a jogger....also can close it with one hand!!
  • merbear32 said:

I'm leaning towards the Uppababy Mesa but I am concerned about the price of the stroller that holds it (STARTS at $500).

We got the Mesa and while we're were originally going to get the Uppababy Cruz to go with it we wound up going with the Baby Jogger City Versa. Adapters for the Mesa were only $20!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We registered for the Chico Keyfit 30.  It's been rated really well, and our good friends who had their son last November love theirs. 

• We went with the britax b-safe elite because we loved all the safety features and reviews. For our stroller we went with the city mini gt for the easy fold up and I like the handbrake on it.
  • Were getting the chicco keyfit 30 and the next fit! For the stroller, a citi mini gt & an adapter for the chicco

SaveSave
  • Uppababy Mesa! It has amazing safety ratings and it looks much nicer and more stylish than the American brands (grace,Chico,peg perego etc) also it fits in the Cruz and vista frames without an adapter! I'm still debating between the Cruz and vista. The vista is better and an accommodate 2 kids comfortably if we have a second one soon, but the Cruz is much lighter and easier to haul around. Especially for getting in and out of the car (I don't like the look of a regular graco snap n go) I'll prob go with the Cruz to make it easier for me.
    However, we are still debating bought getting the bugaboo chameleon. I would love to get that stroller, but it costs around 1200, which is 400 more than the vista... So we'll have to see. But if we do get it, then I would get a maxi cosi, my second choice car seat brand.
  • Just ordered the Cybex cloud Q car seat. Pricey but it fully reclines so when travelling we get around the recommended 2-3 hour limit that baby should be in the car seat position. Ordered the Cybex Priam stroller to go with it (which I liked better than the Chameleon's freaky snapping hand brakes!) and the Lux seat to use when baby is a bit bigger. VERY happy to pull the trigger on this set after spending ages researching and test-driving...not easy with so many options out there!
  • We got the britax bsafe35, we've been gifted a bob running stroller and we bought the britax affinity. I had multiple close friends with both the keyfit and bsafe, the bsafe seemed to be best according to them, therefore with our strollers we went with stuff that would fit that car seat!
  • We are going with the UppaBaby Mesa and the UppaBabyBaby Vista stroller.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • megamommy32megamommy32 member
    edited September 2015
    Chicco Keyfit 30 & next fit convertible seat...got a good deal on Amazon for the. Chicco Neuvo travel system with stroller & keyfit infant seat...one of the few infant seats that is rated among the top 5 for safety on several ratings lists...it didn't cost $1000 either !!!
  • Evenflo FlexLite Travel System, to me this one was lightweight and I did not want to spend a fortune because I know I will buy another in a year. But you should definitely go look at them in person and get that hands on feel for them and make a decision based on your preference.
  • I got a Graco travel system that included the snug ride click connect. However, I never realized there was a difference between the 30, 35, and LX.... whoops  :-S

I went back and checked the site and it doesn't specify which car seat is included, so I guess it will just be a surprise!
  • @Stephanieshort2 -the graco car seats are really confusing! There's SO many different ones There's even the new "safe surround" with more side impact protection, but you can only get those from Target, I think & I' wanted to register for most stuff at one place, so I just have BabysRus  & babyli.st. I ended up picking the 35LX b/c of the thorough review for it on the one link I found. I figure, we'll get it, check it out & if it's not the one I want I can always return & get a different one! From the responses here, I'd wager the Chicco key fit is the most popular. :)

• I actually got the eddy bower (spelling?) carseat stroller combo at target i love it. Its super cushioned and light. A Lot of carseats i felt did not have a lot of padding for the baby
  • I got a Graco travel system that included the snug ride click connect. However, I never realized there was a difference between the 30, 35, and LX.... whoops  :-S

I went back and checked the site and it doesn't specify which car seat is included, so I guess it will just be a surprise!
    I got the graco jogger relay travel system and it came with the 35 if that helps!
  • I actually got the eddy bower (spelling?) carseat stroller combo at target i love it. Its super cushioned and light. A Lot of carseats i felt did not have a lot of padding for the baby

Bauer

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers