Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

No naps!

My 3.5 mo old will not nap during the day. I shouldn't really complain bc he sleeps 7-9 hours at night then wakes, nurses and sleeps for another 2-3 hours. But then he only sleeps after nursing (in my arms.) The moment I put him down he wakes and cries. He will snooze in the car but I am always en route somewhere w my 24 mo old...not in the car for too long.. We do try swings, playmat, we read books and he goes on play dates w his brother so he gets stimulation! I've also tried laying him down where he sleeps at night and he just cries. Then I have to nurse him to get him to stop crying! He won't take a bink...! Any suggestions??

Re: No naps!

• Options
    Swaddle, white noise, dark room, put down at the first signs of being tired.
  • Options
    Thanks! He hates being swaddled, sleeps in our non-dark room and I also have a 24-mo old who interferes w me being able to put him down at just the right time... Sigh... Full of excuses I am, eh?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nhbaby said:
    Thanks! He hates being swaddled, sleeps in our non-dark room and I also have a 24-mo old who interferes w me being able to put him down at just the right time... Sigh... Full of excuses I am, eh?

Nope, those things do make it tough, I get it!
  • Options
    Yes, you should complain, that's no fun. There is another thread going about this topic that might give you ideas. But one hunch based on what you said is that your baby is overtired. Try putting him to sleep only 90min to 2hours (max) after being awake and rocking him until he's calm enough to sleep (or falls asleep). A paci is helpful but not essential. Sometimes (rarely actually) if my LO is restless I'll comfort nurse for a short (short!) spell, then rock for a bit, then put down. I follow a eat-activity-sleep cycle so I know he's not hungry before naps. Also, I have 2 other young ones too, and I usually put a short show on for them so I can get the baby to bed.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15