July 2015 Moms
Options

Baby's mouth bleeding (long)

ekennedy4908ekennedy4908 member
edited September 2015 in July 2015 Moms
So a couple of weeks ago, one of my daughter's "helped" by putting my son's paci back in his mouth. He cried for a second but then was fine and was sleeping. Probably about 5 minutes later he shrieked and I picked him up to burp him thinking he had a gas bubble. When I brought him back off my shoulder I noticed his mouth was bleeding a little bit and of course freaked out. It stopped within a minute and was just a small amount so I have just been extra vigilant to make sure big sisters don't "help." Well my MIL always wants to feed my BF kids bottles so I actually made sure I had one pumped. She started to feed him the bottle with the lid on

Re: Baby's mouth bleeding (long)

• Options
    Ok, it cut it off. Long story short, baby's mouth bled again. Should I be freaked out or has my poor son's sensitive mouth just been scratched by the stupid bottle lid?
  • Options
    Can you see where the blood is coming from? Is it in the spit up or just anytime? My LO had blood when she spit up..turned out to be from my nipple, but I was so freaked out. If it's not a lot of blood I wouldn't worry too much unless it persists, then maybe call the pediatrician.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    His mouth could have just gotten re-irritated. Any way you can see where in his mouth the bleeding is coming from? If it happens again I would probably call the pediatrician.

Also, my goodness, how hard did your daughter shove his paci in to make his mouth bleed?? Gotta love those little "helpers" lol.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker