April 2016 Moms

8wk5days ultrasound! Gender guess!

2»

Re: 8wk5days ultrasound! Gender guess!

• Not a snowflake, not a fan of participation awards either. There was more criticism and nastiness than feedback. Have a great day ladies, thanks for the entertainment this morning
  • Loading the player...
  • iamrandomiamrandom member
    edited September 2015
    But here's the thing--you can think it was nasty and you can tell me that, right?  We're all adults.  I happen to think I was making cogent points, you happen to disagree.  That's totally fine.  You seem like someone who is more than capable of arguing your own opinion without needing an admin to come in and save the day.  I'm not saying that what we need is a monolith of snarky moms and moms-to-be, I just don't want the site to be a monolith of polite platitudes.  And to your own point about the entertainment value--you're 100% right.  Disagreements are ENTERTAINING.  I'm not going to get overly philosophical here, but any liberal arts freshman could tell you that conflict is necessary for engaging content.  My point either way is that you (not you in particular, but a universal you) can either have a beige, boring, disengaging forum full of vigorous headpats OR you can have a forum with real conversation, real disagreement, real interaction.  You can't have both.  That's not how people work.  In the end I think the latter type of forum is better for posters and better for The Bump.  Engaging content created by posters drives Internet traffic.  THAT'S HOW SOCIAL MEDIA WORKS.  It's, like, its *entire* premise.